Anyone heard of Firefly Car rental?

I, too, booked Firefly with their great rates. (I also have a couple others booked, til I decide what company I'm going with.) I checked this morning, and Firefly is WAY UP for my dates (11/30 - 12/7)!!! I think their previous rates were probably introductory, for a short period of time. They also added San Francisco as a location, but previously only had MCO.

I'd like to hear about actual experiences with them as well.

I do it too, but I wonder if any of you with multiple car reservations make multiple ADR's for the same night? Or perhaps chastise those who do?

I do it too, but I wonder if any of you with multiple car reservations make multiple ADR's for the same night? Or perhaps chastise those who do?

I NEVER, EVER do that. Either one. And multiple car reservations? I cancel all the ones I DON'T want way ahead of time. I am not keeping a car from someone else reserving it.

Normally I'd cancel my other reservations, but Firefly is such an unknown company right now, it would be stupid to put all my faith in that reservation right now.

Firefly has been added to priceline's rental car list and is listed as on site. Adds some more credibility to it. Really hoping everything works out with them since they are so much cheaper for our Oct rental.

Just booked for our March trip. $225 for 9 days including all taxes and fees is great. Hope it works out. Will be checking this thread for reviews in the next few months, also looking for info how they handle the tolls, seems some companies have better deals and fees that others.

Since 2010, as I recall.

So, if Hertz has been on site since 2010, any takers on a bet that Firefly is using the old Hertz off-site facility? (That would be the one on the west side of 436 (Semoran Pkwy) just about a mile north of MCO.)

Priceline has it listed as onsite, and there's a previous post who talked to Hertz' support who also said it was onsite, so I'll put my money on onsite.

So, if Hertz has been on site since 2010, any takers on a bet that Firefly is using the old Hertz off-site facility? (That would be the one on the west side of 436 (Semoran Pkwy) just about a mile north of MCO.)

That is now an offsite airport parking company.

I "bumped" to join and get it to the top for others who had not noticed the thread. Sorry if that is not appropriate :blush:

No need to bump this thread. Service begins at MCO on September 15, so no one will have any real information before that.

Because of this thread, I just reserved a mini-van for 9/16-9/22 for a total of $273.70. I have also never heard of Firefly Car Rental, but their price is better than the $327.88 that I got from Dollar or the $317 from Hertz (especially if the car ends up coming from Hertz!). Every other recognized name was giving me prices in the $5-600 range and we have to keep the mini-van because we are travelling with two in car seats and my grandma so it would be hard to get three across in a regular backseat.

I guess I will see in a few weeks!

Well based on the above info it looks like QueenQueso is going to be the first guinea pig. We will be following right behind. I will try to remember to update the thread right after we get the car.

I sure hope we hear good things since I have a well priced reservation with them too.

Donna M said:
I sure hope we hear good things since I have a well priced reservation with them too.

I hope I can tell you good things since I have a second reservation with them in January.

I just ran my dates again to see if there was any change in rates and they are sold out. (Nov 29-Dec 7) :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter