Anyone heard of Firefly Car rental?

I recently rented a car for them for a week in Orlando and it was a terrible experience. I will never rent from them again. It was cheap but not worth the hour at the counter. I had to keep fighting with the guy "Bouzid" who kept adding upgrades and packages I had not asked for. Each time he gave me my estimate he had sneaked another upgrade on there. I finally told him to stop or I was going to walk away. He then stopped trying to trick me. DO NOT RENT FROM FIREFLY!

This sounds like my experience with Avis last year!! We were at the counter for over an hour. The guy kept saying the upgrades were free, but the cost kept going up. We were so tired after a long flight from the West Coast and we had to deal with a scammer! After declining all perks repeatedly- we went to physically pick the car up and the staff in the garage were extremely rude (stomping around, slamming car doors rude). :furious:We know the guy behind the desk inside the airport must have told them we wouldn't accept any of his upgrades. Worst customer service ever! Never again!!:headache:

Hi so I came here a few months back because I reserved a car from Firefly and was looking for a review and Google brought me here. I figured since there aren't any current reviews, I'll give my feedback.

So me, my wife and daughter landed and found the Firefly desk easily. It's pretty much at the far end of the rental center. No one was in line so I walked straight up to the gentleman at the counter. He was pleasant and only asked the usual; prepay gas, damage waiver but never pressed those at all. Asked once, I stated no to both and he moved on. The only other thing he tried to upsell was moving up to a larger car. Since it was only 3 of us, we stuck with the TINY Chevy Spark. I said I think we should be fine since it's only 3 of us. That was it.

He finished up with my reservation and I was done in 5 mins. No pressure and pleasant the whole time. The walk to the car is a little far from the desk but we found our car within 5 mins, so it's not that bad.

We started loading the car and it's TINY if I didn't already state it.. lol. I was able to stuff 2 carry ons into the trunk. The other carry on, stroller and back pack had to go behind the driver seat; daughter was in the rear passenger seat and wife in the front passenger seat. So it would have been nice to get a larger car but this worked. Great gas mileage but engine noise was a little loud but capable. The car only had 10k miles, was clean and power everything except seats.

As we were leaving, the guard asked about the mileage but she didn't know how to work the odometer and a firefly employee came over and she figured it out. Once she told me where the button was, I just flipped through it. Once mileage was recorded off we went to our hotel!

We had it for 9 days and never had a problem with the car. On our way back we stopped at the 7/11 (last exit before the airport) filled up and went to return the car. Make sure you know what terminal you're at because the signs are confusing... We initially went the terminal B route then when we pulled up our flight reservation, it was "A" so just looped around to A. We pulled in and the attendant came right over and asked how it was then asked if we filled it up? I said yes and if he wanted to check. He goes, no worries and gave me my receipt and off we went.

I checked my CC a few days later and we were charged our quoted price of 140 and change. I paid tolls with cash and asked for receipts. FYI, Cash lanes are on the far right and there were 2 going to the resort and 2 coming back; one was $1 and the other was $1.25.

So I had a great experience with Firefly and would recommend it! BTW, I use to be a corporate trainer for one of the largest communications companies in the world and have rented cars from multiple rental agencies and this was an easy, no hassle rental. My Family also travels a lot (daughter went on 18 flights by the time she was 2 yrs old; around the world also). Just thought I'd gave that info to let you all know that I've had a pretty vast experience with car rentals.

Hope this helps others that have future rentals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter