• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else have the banner across the page?

OMGoodness...I just disabled my Adblocker on this site to see what you were talking about. I had no idea just how many ads are on the page now!! I could never stay on this site if I had to look at all of those all the time. That banner on the top is especially offensive!

Yes. Adblocker is your friend.

I don't have Adblocker on my PC. I couldn't figure out how to UNblock some stuff and leave other stuff on. :confused:

I have NoScript for Firefox installed instead. It lets me unblock which items I want to unblock or to "temporarily allow the whole page" when I have no patience to figure out which items I want to unblocked and which left blocked.

I don't have Adblocker on my PC. I couldn't figure out how to UNblock some stuff and leave other stuff on. :confused:

I have NoScript for Firefox installed instead. It lets me unblock which items I want to unblock or to "temporarily allow the whole page" when I have no patience to figure out which items I want to unblocked and which left blocked.
When I go to a site that recognizes that I'm using an adblocker, it usually has an option to unblock that site, if I want. Not really difficult.

When I go to a site that recognizes that I'm using an adblocker, it usually has an option to unblock that site, if I want. Not really difficult.

As I recall, all I could find was a button to unblock the whole site, not just some components. :confused3

For instance: Unless I want to specifically read a Twitter tweet, I do not need to have Twitter unblocked. Or Facebook, as we all know know, they WERE tacking us on every web page we clicked on that happened to have a FB connection icon on it. I knew something funky may be up, so I had kept them blocked all these years. :thumbsup2

I ALWAYS have Google-Analytics blocked as I don't want want Google to be tracing every page I am on. And it always shows up on every page I click on. So it stays permanently blocked.

But, I may want to unblock certain components, like when I need to do the CAPTCHA on some pages, but I still want all the ads blocked.

Last edited:
Yeah - sometimes I turn off my ad blockers just to see what the deal is. I've actually turned off my iOS ad blockers because they need to go through a VPN server and I can't visit anything when the server isn't responding. However, I've noticed some interesting ads. I'm getting a lot of ads from the Israel Tourism Ministry recently, although I haven't seen some that were targeted towards a specific demographic. I'll just leave it at that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter