Anyone else collect Disney watches?

I have about Ten Disney Watches.

Michael Anthony, the former bassist for Van Halen has a collection of Disney watches. If I recall somewhere I saw that it was about 100.

I don't waer watches usually. Just use my cell phone for the time. What a sad commentary on my life.

JJ

I use my cell phone for the time sometimes myself...despite the fact that I wear my swiss army mickey watch everday.

Hi,

I'm an avid Disney watch collector. I think I have close to 200. I have been collecting them since I was a kid with a paper route. I bought my first Mickey watch with my own money. I'm sad that the Disney store doesn't carry all the great watches they used to.

I use my cell phone for the time sometimes myself...despite the fact that I wear my swiss army mickey watch everday.

Color me green. I lament not jumping on that watch. I look on eBay occasionally to see if one pops up, but have yet to come across one.

I have maybe two dozen? I wear them all except my backwards Goofy; it confuses me. :confused: :rotfl:

Color me green. I lament not jumping on that watch. I look on eBay occasionally to see if one pops up, but have yet to come across one.

I have maybe two dozen? I wear them all except my backwards Goofy; it confuses me. :confused: :rotfl:

I have a backwards goofy too, I never could wear it because it just caused me problems!

Hopefully you can find a swiss army watch on ebay, it is such a great watch (not to rub it in).

I have a similar story in that I really wanted a Mikey Aviator watch that was a limited edition watch several years ago, I didn't buy it and months later when I finally decided I wanted it I tried to call and buy it but they didn't have anymore. I was sad. I keep looking for it on ebay, but no luck. However I did find an aladdin watch that was stolen from my house on ebay. It was brand new and in mint condition. Good luck on the swiss army watch search!

I currently only have 4 Disney watches
1. Tag Heuer 1500 series from MGM 2 tone with mickey on teh face
2. 75 year anniversary mickey watch
3. Lion King anniversary watch
4. DVC watch by Fossil

I have around 40 Disney watches. It's getting harder and harder to find ones that are unique. I do wear and can read the backward Goofy watch (had a non-Disney wall clock this way too). My favorite is probably Mickey on a phone and over the whole face of the watch is a rotory phone dial that rotates once per second. My second fave is the Norman Rockwell-esque Mickey self portrait (I actually have 2 in this style one is round and has a grey rim and band, and the other is a LE rectangular with gold rim and brown band). I'm a big fan of the self-portrait and have done the cross-stich and have the throw blanket.

I've have 25 Disney watches. I just signed up for a Disney Visa Card with the passholder promotion code so I could get the watch. I got the Visa Card last week but did not yet get the promotional watch.

I collect time pieces in general, clocks, watches, etc. Ironic for someone who is NEVER on time for ANYTHING. I have like 3 mickey watches, and I like to give them as gifts.

Just wondering if anyone else has a disney watch collection like me? I've got close to 15 or so watches. Here's a pic of a few of them. Anyone else have a collection?

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/smooshdog/IMG_0677.jpg

Nice collection. You know it's interesting, I work in a pretty stuffy corporate environment, you would not believe how much $%& I get for wearing disney stuff. Lot of "ooh nice watch, oh is that disney, ew." It's so weird for them to point that out, especially considering I have a ring through my lower lip :rotfl:

I understand where you are coming from. If I had a dollar for every time I hear, "what is that a Mickey watch, how old are you" I would be a multi-millionaire. I just keep wearing the watch I like no matter what anyone else says. :thumbsup2

I have somewhere between 85 and 100 of the Disney watches (too many to count anymore.) Many are displayed in my curio, some are boxed up and put away, and still more that I wear.

Suzi, you need to get the Citizen Eco Drive Mickey watches. I have 2 of these (gold one and a leather band one) and the battery never needs to be replaced. I love them (and it saves a LOT of money on replacing the batteries in all of my other watches.)
I do have a beautiful Little Mermaid watch that came in a clam shell, LE, that I used to wear ALL of the time. It was one of my first Disney watch purchases at WDW about 10 years or so ago.

Sue Ellen

My DGF got the citizen eco-drive that has a black face with a silver mickey on it from Epcot and loves it! I told her to get me the matching men's version for my birthday. Lucky men got an eco drive for valentine's day and it really is a great watch! I can't wait to get another!!

I have 4 disney watches thanks to the $10 resort special buy at christmas. I have both tink and Mickey. Then I have a very expensive but fun Pirate Princess watch and I have a dressy mickey watch with a metal band. very abstract art style with Mickey heads in turquiose everywhere. That one I got on sale for $25.

Dad's boss who is clearly just as bad as I am about Disney bought him a Mickey watch which makes me laugh. They should know he would not wear that. Not to mention it does not fit him.

Here is a pic of one of my favorite watches that I just had batteries put in. I'll be listing it for auction soon.
It is from the 1993 Disneyana Convention and shows BOTH the East coast WDW time along with the West coast DL time :)

DSC05940.jpg

I have been collecting Disney watches for about 12 years and have 193 that I keep on display in a curio cabinet. Most of my watches are now purchased on e-bay. I try to find at least one watch each trip to WDW but lately it has become harder to find interesting watches at the resorts and parks.

I wear most of my watches but have a few limited editions that have never been worn.:)

I have been collecting Disney watches for about 12 years and have 193 that I keep on display in a curio cabinet. Most of my watches are now purchased on e-bay. I try to find at least one watch each trip to WDW but lately it has become harder to find interesting watches at the resorts and parks.

I wear most of my watches but have a few limited editions that have never been worn.:)

I want pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter