Anyone concerned about the Coronavirus in WDW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 10 day trip scheduled for the day after Easter. My big problem is that I have an 8 year old and a pregnant mother. She will be about 5 and a half weeks as of the trip. It was kinda ment to be a last horah for my son before the baby is born. Personally I dont plan on any disney trips with a 1 or 2 year old. So.. if we miss this trip we are looking at 2 or 3 years until we go there again. (We have become kinda disney freaks, going once ever 6 - 8 months or so).

I am now heavily leaning towards not going. The good news is that disney allows you to cancel with a $200 penalty per person up to 2 days before your vacation. I know losing $600 sucks, but it is better then loosing ALOT more.

I have been WAY to into watching this virus. If not for this trip, my concerns would be minimal. Unless things change for the better quickly, unfortunately I am a no go.

Not exactly. With other diseases, heat/UV/humidity only slows transmission, doesn’t stop it. In the warmer areas in the Southern Hemisphere most cases have been travelers coming back from an infected area with few human to humans transmissions and those have been between people in the same household. Some are hoping this is the case because really, Singapore (hot, not many cases) should look more like South Korea (cold, hundreds of cases). It’s possible Singapore is better at containing so who knows for sure yet.

Korea’s community spread has been tied to a religious organization. The government is testing its 200k members. That’s really the difference between the two.

Korea’s community spread has been tied to a religious organization. The government is testing its 200k members. That’s really the difference between the two.
And the South Korean sect is not cooperating with the authorities the last I heard. It also has ties to China.

I have a 10 day trip scheduled for the day after Easter. My big problem is that I have an 8 year old and a pregnant mother. She will be about 5 and a half weeks as of the trip. It was kinda ment to be a last horah for my son before the baby is born. Personally I dont plan on any disney trips with a 1 or 2 year old. So.. if we miss this trip we are looking at 2 or 3 years until we go there again. (We have become kinda disney freaks, going once ever 6 - 8 months or so).

I am now heavily leaning towards not going. The good news is that disney allows you to cancel with a $200 penalty per person up to 2 days before your vacation. I know losing $600 sucks, but it is better then loosing ALOT more.

I have been WAY to into watching this virus. If not for this trip, my concerns would be minimal. Unless things change for the better quickly, unfortunately I am a no go.
Peace of mind is the best thing, just think planning the next trip is even more fun and makes your Disney experience last longer.

Peace of mind is the best thing, just think planning the next trip is even more fun and makes your Disney experience last longer.

Every family is different but we started taking our youngest at 11 months old. He always had a blast and was actually easier to keep track of at that age then at 3 1/2 :)

Sadly I think you are right about the spring trip. Spring is going to be the worst time of this in the US, and maybe into the summer too. Hopefully by fall we can all enjoy visiting the parks again with just our "normal" daily worries.

So for those who asked, I called and the travel insurance will not cover it unless Disney closes or there is an issued travel ban. We have sunk $14k already into this trip (prepaid everything except food for 8 people) but I’m still not going to risk it if it gets to the point it’s unsafe. My dad can’t take that risk and my husband has a few risk factors as well. I think right now I’d still go if it was exactly like it is now, but a lot can happen in 4 weeks and now that there are 4 community spread cases... well that’s 4 more then last week! So time will tell. Hopefully the worry is for nothing but I’m watching this like a hawk.

BTW, now that tickets expire does Disney ever give you the ability to exchange them or the value of them for a future date? I’m thinking not. 😬

I’m concerned there is the potential the parks in the US could close if it gets really bad. We are traveling to WDW in May and have secured a DVC rental so I would be out of luck if that happened as it is no refundable. I did get travel insurance through travelguard. I called them this morning and coronavirus related park closures are not covered, so yeah I’m a little concerned

I looked into that, the policy now states you can reschedule your ticket dates up to the day before they become active but pay any difference in pricing
Yes, the price you paid can be applied to different dates, with you paying the difference in price. There will be no refund issued if price is lower.

First confirmed death in the US in Washington.

I’m still going forward with our Disney travel plans in May. We’re even considering booking a trip to Ireland this summer. My husband is a teacher- we travel over the summer or not at all.

No WDW trips planned, but I do have a trip to Atlanta planned in April. I gave no plans to cancel that atm.

I am reconsidering another trip to Ga/NC for May. It isn’t booked yet, and I’m immunosuppressed, so I’m less sure adding a new trip at this point is wise. I’m taking a wait & see approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter