Anyone concerned about the Coronavirus in WDW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be. This is all conjecture. But I won’t be worrying too much about wearing an N95 mask. Just live life like we did knowing the flu was out there...

I just added on to that post.

But I agree with all you are saying here - except for the conjecture part. Not "conjecture", expert opinion based on what is going on in those countries affected.

Look at total population. Then look at infections..... then... Look at influenza. It’s worse. And kills more. Just saying.
The overall numbers are minuscule.

The overall numbers of flu in China and Japan? I don't know the corresponding numbers of those populations, do you?

I usually don’t get too worked up about this sort of stuff but this is different. I’m watching my friends in the medical field preparing and I am starting to get worried. We have a trip coming up in early April. I’m watching how it pans out for now and not panicking yet, but realizing there may come a point where I will have to jump ship. The concern is the three new patients without travel history and the rate of mortality increasing from the 2% in other countries. I am thankful for those who are working around the clock preparing and trying to find a cure.
We purchased DVC points and have already sunk a lot into this trip (airfare/ Dvc/ prepaid groceries/ party tickets/ park tickets etc) but I always buy travel insurance. I’ve never had to use it before, but this is the one time I am so glad to have it. Again, not panicking but I think this may hit big and If it does I’m not going to risk it. (And I get we aren’t safe anywhere but a 7 hour plane ride x2 and a trip to Disney where there is a huge melting pot of people certainly isn’t a safer choice).

I usually don’t get too worked up about this sort of stuff but this is different. I’m watching my friends in the medical field preparing and I am starting to get worried. We have a trip coming up in early April. I’m watching how it pans out for now and not panicking yet, but realizing there may come a point where I will have to jump ship. The concern is the three new patients without travel history and the rate of mortality increasing from the 2% in other countries. I am thankful for those who are working around the clock preparing and trying to find a cure.
We purchased DVC points and have already sunk a lot into this trip (airfare/ Dvc/ prepaid groceries/ party tickets/ park tickets etc) but I always buy travel insurance. I’ve never had to use it before, but this is the one time I am so glad to have it. Again, not panicking but I think this may hit big and If it does I’m not going to risk it. (And I get we aren’t safe anywhere but a 7 hour plane ride x2 and a trip to Disney where there is a huge melting pot of people certainly isn’t a safer choice).

Enjoy your vacation.

If you want to freak yourself out, play the game Plague Inc. It's a phone app. I have it on my iPhone. It's crazy how what happens in the game is playing out in real life.

I'm not panicking. I'm watching the narrative with interest. It's fascinating how people are digesting it. If you've seen the stock market in the last week, you'd think the end of the world is going to happen.

Would the travel insurance even work in a case like this? If you had to cancel because of government limitations on travel, rather than an illness, would it even work for that?

84,000 Cases world-wide”. In a world of 7+ billion that’s not even a rounding error. And 2,800 deaths is nothing relative to the the number of influenza deaths in the US alone last year and every year. This response has been extraordinary and disproportionate
Follow the money. Something is off and it’s political.

Would the travel insurance even work in a case like this? If you had to cancel because of government limitations on travel, rather than an illness, would it even work for that?

I have no idea honestly. I haven’t looked into it much yet and it may not. I just started being concerned about this in the last 48 hours.

84,000 Cases world-wide”. In a world of 7+ billion that’s not even a rounding error. And 2,800 deaths is nothing relative to the the number of influenza deaths in the US alone last year and every year. This response has been extraordinary and disproportionate
My thought exactly. I think the worldwide anxiety the reporting on this has caused will be worse on people's health than the actual illness itself.

I have no idea honestly. I haven’t looked into it much yet and it may not. I just started being concerned about this in the last 48 hours.
I only ask because I was wondering if we should have bought it, but knowing our luck they would tell us that it doesn't work in this situation 🤪

Plus a lot of people that compare it to the flu they are actually thinking it as a "cold" rather than the actual flu, which is much more debilitating. But even if all the experts are wrong and this is just like your seasonal flu, this has been proven to be more infectious and with no available vaccine.

Therefore it will certainly affect more people and have more serious consequences as it will affect those at risk groups that you would usually vaccinate. So there is no way this can be downplayed with any available scenarios.

I have to decide by the 3rd. Have some sunk costs due to party tickets but owe $20k by Tuesday. I don’t think insurance will cover this and do we likely only recoup if Disney closes. I’m mainly worried because it’s 30 days from now which Will likely be peak.

Insane how some find everything such as disease or the weather as an attack on their political beliefs.

If this is no worse than the flu, why would Italy be cutting off all uneccessary travel?

Is it Italy cutting off all non-essential travel? The CDC is the one that raised the alert to that level. There is a slight difference there.

We get it. You think it's being blown out of proportion. I think we all want to believe it's not as bad as it is or could be, but can we at least recognize that it has the potential to cause a major problem in the world? Repeating over and over again that the flu is worse doesn't help anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter