Anybody from NC?

sajetto said:
Well we are getting married at Seabreeze pointe at WDW in Jan next year but we are hoping to change it to the Wedding Pavillion, we just have to wait for a space to open up. It is going to be an intimate ceremony with 18 of our friends and family and we are having a cake cutting reception at the Grand Floridian. We still haven't decided where we are going to take everyone to dinner but we want to eat somewhere where we can see the fireworks after. I'm thinking Either Ohana's or Cali Grill. Then me and my DH2b are going to honeymoon for 12 days at OKW in a villa. We are so excited we don't know what to do with ourselves! :Pinkbounc Come on down to the wedding and honeymoon boards and check us out! All the gals and guys are super and a lot of couples are doing vow renewals or second honeymoons :wizard:

Ohana's would be a lot of fun with a party that size and a lot more relaxed. Hope you have a wonderful time :-). When we were at Disney this year my DD(8) asked if she could get married at WDW. I told her Daddy to start saving.

It's great to see that there's alot of NC folks on the board. Anyone going to the WORLD during Oct 28-Nov 4 this year?

Hey NCState ! Are you an NC State grad by chance (class of 87 here).

We haven't been in a few years (prior childhood trips in 1975 & 1977.. honeymoon in 1987... vacation w/ dh in 1990.. family trips with our daughter in 1996, 1997, 1998 (Christmas season) and May, 2002.

We are considering a trip either in mid-late October or the week after Thanksgiving. My daughter's school always has a Wed- Friday off in October for Fall break and we would take her out of school for the entire week and perhaps and extra Friday or Monday. I love the holiday season too.. we've been both Christmas week and early December and think prior to the Christmas rush is an excellent time to visit.

-Jill

I just read your post and had to comment....about making it home in 8 1/2 hrs. You sound just like my DW driving style....wide open! :rotfl:

If I know we need to make up time, she gets behind the wheel. Look, I went to the Buck Baker Racing School in Rockingham ,NC, a trip my DW actually signed me up for that I won. I am officially on the books as the slowest car to ever circle that track. :thumbsup2 :moped: But my name is real close to where Jeff Gordon signed up for the class, so there is something to be said for that :p

On the other hand, my DW took a couple of laps at qualifying speed....around 157mph...give or take a mile.

Yall need to get together and swap highway driving stories ;) :lmao:

Hi Jill! I am in Wake Forest too. Driving in the middle of the night + 3 kids asleep = 9-10 hr drive ( less potty breaks and no food breaks ). :rotfl2:

JillinNC1964 said:
Hi, we also live in NC.. just north of Raleigh in Wake Forest.

Google Earth puts us at 630 miles and 10 hours 56 minutes driving time (our door to MK Maingate).. :moped: but it always takes us about 12.5 hours to get there.. frequent stops.. an hour at Cracker Barrell etc. Also, it depends time of day we come through downtown Orlando.

Jill

Hey Disney Mom of Three - can we sing, "Its a Small World After All?"

One strategy we've used is leaving WF around 7:00am and driving to and spending the night in St. Augustine, FL. We sleep in the next morning & drive to Orlando in time for a late lunch... then we chill the rest of the day.. maybe go to Downtown Disney.. take a swim.. go to bed early and start out at the parks next day bright and early. This way we've done the bulk of our driving the day before. It works out well for us. We like to drive the whole thing home in one shot though.. once we leave I want to keep going and get to my own bed.

Once we did drive it straight through. left around 5:00am.. and I was so tired the next day that we slept in and pretty much lost our first full day in Disney. I get so excited before the trip I don't sleep at all.

-Jill

HI! We live just above Wilimington and it took us about 10 1/2 hours to get to Disney. Nice to see so many people from NC here on the boards!

Kelly

and I still live here! We live in Mocksville, NC, which is right smack in the middle of Greensboro and Charlotte. We're in Davie County and we're in the Yadkin Valley wine area. We're 30 minutes West of Winston-Salem.

It takes 9 - 9 1/2 hours for us to drive to Disney. That's door to door. Depending on traffic.

PamNC

chell said:
Looks like I'm the only one near the mountains to post here.

:wave2:

We're on the Western side. I wouldn't call it the mountain area - but we're foothills.

Where do you live????

Aren't our mountains beautiful? I am obsessed with the BR Parkway!

PamNC

PamNC said:
We're on the Western side. I wouldn't call it the mountain area - but we're foothills.

Where do you live????

PamNC

Pam I'm in Lenoir. Sounds like we might be pretty close.

:banana: I am in N.C., Colfax between Greensboro and Winston-salem!!!!!!!!

nana2tots said:
:banana: I am in N.C., Colfax between Greensboro and Winston-salem!!!!!!!!

I was born in Greensboro and I lived in Colfax when I was younger... I am in Raleigh now, but I miss Greensboro so much sometimes... Used to work in Winston Salem at WXII but I moved on up in the world to come to Raleigh and work for the ABC owned station here... Not too bad here, but like I said I still kinda miss home and family....

From Raleigh it took us just over 8 hours last time to get to WDW, but that was only short stops and no kids....

I live in Willow Spring, which is between Garner and Fuquay. Dh and I were married at WDW in October 96. We're going 9/30 - 10/8 this year as a 10th anniversary trip and to take dd6 for the first time. We cannot wait!! We always drive down, too, and it takes about 9½ hours.

Glad to see so many others here from NC!

Eeyore77 said:
I was born in Greensboro and I lived in Colfax when I was younger... I am in Raleigh now, but I miss Greensboro so much sometimes... Used to work in Winston Salem at WXII but I moved on up in the world to come to Raleigh and work for the ABC owned station here... Not too bad here, but like I said I still kinda miss home and family....

From Raleigh it took us just over 8 hours last time to get to WDW, but that was only short stops and no kids....

Hey! you're just around the corner from me during the day! :wave:

prestonsmomma said:
Chell where are you at by the way?? I'm in Lenoir.

I'm in the process of moving from Asheville back to Hickory. Funny how you always end up "back home".

Do you know of any good jobs available down here? It seems tough to find a good one now.

Were you born and raised here? I graduated from South but spent most of my childhood in Catawba Co.

PamNC said:

Where do you live????

PamNC

I'm originally from the foothills. I was raised till age 12 in Wilkes County then moved to the far western side in the "real" mountains and high altitude in Cherokee County. Then for college I moved to the Eastern side b/c I loved the ocean so that put me in Beaufort county

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter