any recent shades of green at CR?

We stayed last Sept. and aside from a little bit of snottiness from the young male CM who checked us in everyone was very nice. The room was clean, no noise, no problems. Our kids' stuffed animals were all arranged around the room. We're staying one night in Sept. We were also really worried because we had read the negative reviews and thought about changing, but we decided we'd just chance it.

As for the upgrading bit, we looked into it and got cheaper prices at other hotels, but nothing near the SOG rates for my husband's rate so we're sticking with CR in the NGW. I heard somewhere-- maybe read it on the board here-- that they were charging and extra $10.00 for first floor rooms now? Anyone know.

Have a good trip.
Julie

Originally posted by BethA
I would be curious to know the overflow rate. I know for AKL the standard view--parking lot-- was 141.

Depending on the season, overflow for the CR tower was usually between $170-190/nt, before tax. :)

Originally posted by skoi
As for the upgrading bit, we looked into it and got cheaper prices at other hotels, but nothing near the SOG rates for my husband's rate so we're sticking with CR in the NGW. I heard somewhere-- maybe read it on the board here-- that they were charging and extra $10.00 for first floor rooms now? Anyone know.

Have a good trip.
Julie

They have always charged an extra $10 to be on the first floor, however it was also to guarantee a lake view room. That became to difficult for Disney to do so, it was changed to guarantee a first floor room only and not the view. :)

Originally posted by Darian
Madge,

In previous trips to www.shadesofgreen.org I came across a bit of text describing the process for obtaining precise room quotes and upgraded room costs. Of course as my luck would have it, I've been unable to located it today. I remember the process being that one had to call to obtain uprade information. Sorry I can't point you to a specific web page.

Darian

A few points of clarification:
1. I'm not sure I consider it an "upgrade" but any one is welcome to ask about overflow rates. You are certainly welcome to check and see if that, for example, CR tower is available as opposed to the NW, however don't expect a small $20 or $30 jump. Expect about $100 and that's IF the most discounted rate is available.

2. No, you don't have to call. However, when you email your request, you need to be specific. Don't ask for overflow rates for Disney hotels because that encompasses about 30 hotels, total. Ask for what you want: Deluxe resorts? Moderates? Water view? All of these will change pricing and you want to get the most accurate accounting possible (keep in mind, the rates do NOT include tax). I wouldn't bother wasting my time asking what the agent thinks. 99.5% of the agents have never stayed, or even visited, any of the other hotels. They don't have a clue on what the hotels are like. They're given a booklet from Disney describing amenities and ambiance and that's about it. Ask those types of questions here to get real opinions on the resorts.

3. IF you all ready have a ressy through SoG for the NW at the CR and you're looking to get the tower, or even checking out other hotels, please tell the person. The reason? There are a few: overflow also includes the wings at the CR. So, if you have requested rates for the CR, you may just get that $129/nt overflow offer for the wing and that will just plain confuse you. If you decide to take that overflow rate, whether it's for the CR or another resort, it has to be booked through a completely different system with a different set of rules, including cancellation. The agent needs to know you all ready have a ressy some place else so he/she can cancel it for you (and you can get your $$ back) and re-book you for the new resort.

Keep in mind that overflow rates are updated daily (exception USED to be on the weekends, rates that are received Fri AM stayed in the system until the manager updated them Mon AM which is why I could offer a rate Sat and give the guest until Sun afternoon to respond to it). So, if you are offered a rate one day and you take 3 days to respond, don't be surprised if that rate is no longer available. Speaking of 3 days, it can take up to that long to respond (it shouldn't now as it's no longer the busy season) via email. If you decide to do a request via email, when you receive a response, it may be best to call at that time to make the ressy. But do NOT CALL AND EMAIL FOR THE SAME ITEM!!!! You run the risk of being double booked and possibly paying two down payments and losing money in the end if YOU don't catch you're double booked. Just not worth the effort and frustration. :)

We recently returned from a stay at the CR through a SoG relocation. While we enjoyed our stay very much - we love the convenience to the MK & taking the monorail to EPCOT - we really thought that the CR could use some maintenance work. It just didn't "sparkle" the way a deluxe resort (or any Disney resort) should.

The rug needed to be replaced in the main building on the way up to the monorail. It was extremely worn. The benches on the boat dock were in need of paint. The landscaping needed to be weeded. There were at least 2 parties held near the boat dock during our stay & the residue from people spilling things was never cleaned off in the 2 weeks we were there. The patios needed cleaning. The sand in the pool area was never swept away nightly - which it was last year. I know some of these things are minor, but that is one of the best things about Disney. They take of everything - major & minor - to make things wonderful.

As I said, it was an enjoyable stay (especially for the rate we paid) but we felt that the CR could really use some maintenance & refurbishing. I am hoping that once SoG is open & guests are back to using their resort that the CR will take the time & make this resort as beautiful as it can be.

I just got back to Chicago after our trip to Florida. We were in Orlando for only one night, and stayed at the CR through SoG. It turned out well! The CM's were very pleasant and helpful, check in and out was a breeze. Our room was ok, though I would agree that the interior decorating is tacky. We got a room in the NW on the third floor, with a lagoon view. We had a great view of the Water Pageant, it was nice! I do love the convenience of the monorail, and after this our first stay onsite DH never wants to stay offsite again! :p Go figure.

I wish they would do some refurbishing on the CR. For a deluxe resort, it sure could use a makeover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter