any recent shades of green at CR?

BethA

DIS Veteran
I haven't seen any recent posts about SOG staying at the CR recently. A while ago there were several threads about bad experiences and we also had one there last year. We are staying there in June. How have the stays been lately? Any trouble with rooms being run down and poor service? Hope to hear some good reports. thanks. beth a

What happened to you last year? Did you post a trip report? If so, could you post a link to it?

Thanks,

Darian

No, I didn't post a trip report, but I'll give you some of the details. We were only staying for 2 nights after the cruise-my parents had booked 2 rooms through SOG. My mother has a lot of trouble walking and asked to be as close to the main building as possible-okay we were as far away as possible, but just decided to deal with it. The guests above us must have been using the bed for a trampoline because the pounding and screaming and noise was unbearable. Called the front desk and got no help. Alright Disney can't control their guests, but the rooms were filthy. The halls wer dirty and littered with garbage, the extra blankets in the closet were stained with god knows what and half of the bath towels were dirty. we had a ground floor room and the patio was full of cigarette butts and toenail clippings. And last but not least there was water dripping from somewhere onto the counter top and sink in the bathroom. My mother called and we did receive a new blanket and 2 towels---no apology and no cleaning up!!! My mother wrote a letter and received no reply, so I also wrote one enclosing an article about a similar experience that took up a whole page of the Pgh paper. Someone finally called and sent my mother 30 Disney Dollars. We found the CM at the pool snack stand and in the snack bar by the arcade to be rude and unfriendly---soooo---I'm hoping for a much better stay this time.

Yikes....

Sorry to hear about your seriously "un-magical" visit. I read one post about a front desk person giving them serious attitude because they had a SOG rate. Don't know the person and wasn't there, but if true, thats unacceptable. Makes you want to grab such an ingrate CM and march them off to some foreign war and see how well they do defending their country. Sorry a little off topic there.

The SOG site seems to be saying upgrades to really any type room are available... all with special SOG rates. Maybe a tower room, heck, even conceirge might be a nice treat. I may have completely misunderstood what I read but hey, its worth a shot.

I guarantee you won't get that same level of indifference if you stay on 14th floor Conceirge.

We'll be there in October, but probably not with SOG rates....

Darian

That's a thought-I wonder what the price difference is. Do you know if you can ask at check in or if you have to book ahead? thanks for the reply Beth

We returned April 23 SOG at NGW. I have not posted a trip report or anything negative about it but....

We were not at all happy with anything at CR. The staff was rude and uncaring.

We had requested a ground floor room for my Dad who is terminal, and we ended up on the third floor!!

When a complaint was taken to front desk, we got the rolling of the eyes...

I don't want to go into any detail, because I don't want to sound like a pain, but I will not stay there again.

BethA - We had water on the sink all the time too!! Not sure where it came from. I spent a lot of time wiping it up. lol!

Sorry to hear your vacation was similar to our last one. I'm so surprised to receive this type of service from disney. I wonder if we should try for another hotel.

DH and I are staying at CR NGW through SoG in September. I am disappointed to hear that others did not experience the full Disney magic during their stay. I do hope this was an isolated occurance, as I do not plan to change our plans.

The SOG site seems to be saying upgrades to really any type room are available... all with special SOG rates. Maybe a tower room, heck, even conceirge might be a nice treat. I may have completely misunderstood what I read but hey, its worth a shot.
Just curious on what SoG site you found upgrade information? I'd happily pay SoG prices for the tower...

We were there at the end of March and had excellent service!!

The first night we were on the 2nd floor and there was an elephant family above us, stomping everywhere till almost 1am, then started again at 6am! So my DH went down to the front desk around 7:15am(because we had CRT that morning) and explained what happened the night before. He said that he knew it wasn't their fault that the family(herd) was staying above us but asked if they could please help make our stay better by moving us to the 3rd floor. They couldn't have been nicer!! They apologized over and over, even though it wasn't their fault! My Dh wasn't back yet and the phone rang, after I answered, a CM said, we heard you didn't get much sleep last night and we're so sorry about that and it's going to chnage because your husband is on his way back now with your new room number! I was shocked!!! I just said thank you so much and she replied no problem at all! and apologized- again!

We were there for a total of 10 days and had a great trip. I think that if you're not happy with something during your stay your best bet is to go right down and talk with a CM instead of using the phone. Explain to them what the problem is and tell them you'd greatly appreciate their help if.....insert way to correct problem here...... and I think you will find that they'll be more then happy to help you out.

BTW Mousekeeping was the best we've ever had at WDW. My parents bought our kids the beanies from the different countries and lands and every day we came back to find them placed all over the room, on lamps etc... The kids loved it! By the end of the trip I think the kids had like 25 beanies and she still did it, every day. Plus she'd also rinse out and clean our refillable mugs for us which I thought was a really nice touch!

Before this trip we'd stayed at the WL, AKL POR, in recent trips and while the themeing wasn't up my alley at the CR, the quality of service we received was excellent!

Have a great trip!!

DH, DD and I will be staying at the CR through SoG this weekend, on Sunday night. Should I be worried? It's our first Disney visit onsite, and we are only able to stay for one night b/c DH has to report for duty early Tuesday morning. I know it's only one night, but I was hoping that the stay would be great. And by some of the reports posted here, i'm not so sure now!

trinity....don't worry. we have stayed at the CR twice through SoG and had excellent service and a nice, clean room. I'm certainly not discounting what happened to the OP and other poster on this thread, but occasionally bad things "do" happen--they can happen anywhere, at any hotel chain. I'd hope for the best--you'll love the Contemporary!

I have stayed at CR 3 times now under SoG. The first visit (4 days) was unpleasant much like the original poster's experiences. However the second (10 days) and third (an unexpected one nighter) were great! Couldn't have asked for better service, especially at the Steak Concourse and the Front Desk. We love it and are planning two more trips before Sog is reopened!

I'm happy to hear several people have had good experiences on recent trips-maybe this time will be better. thanks Beth

Originally posted by madge
Just curious on what SoG site you found upgrade information? I'd happily pay SoG prices for the tower...

Madge,

In previous trips to www.shadesofgreen.org I came across a bit of text describing the process for obtaining precise room quotes and upgraded room costs. Of course as my luck would have it, I've been unable to located it today. I remember the process being that one had to call to obtain uprade information. Sorry I can't point you to a specific web page.

Darian

I called SoG because I had to modify my reservation at the CR (had to cancel one night b/c DH must report to duty). I asked if I could get upgraded to a Tower room, but the CM said that is not possible because the SoG rate is only offered for the N. Garden wing room. Is that right? Should I call back? It's not really a big deal, but I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for a Tower room. If we're only staying one night at WDW, and it's our first time onsite I would like it to be a good eperience. What do you think?

Trinity721 - Don't worry about the NG room... it will be wonderful. You are going to have a blast! Besides, they are closer to MK anyway right?

About the tower rooms... I scoured the SoG site looking for the upgrade info I thought I saw but just couldn't find it.

Have a magical stay!

Darian

Just got off the phone from SoG. Found out SoG does NOT upgrade from the North wing to the Tower. SoG only contracted for the North Wing. You can get a tower room through SoG, but it is one of the overflow rooms, not an upgrade and you will pay more.

Originally posted by suevee
Just got off the phone from SoG. Found out SoG does NOT upgrade from the North wing to the Tower. SoG only contracted for the North Wing. You can get a tower room through SoG, but it is one of the overflow rooms, not an upgrade and you will pay more.

I think one would expect to pay more for a tower room... the real question is just how much more? I wonder if it is on par with booking through CRO?

Darian

I would be curious to know the overflow rate. I know for AKL the standard view--parking lot-- was 141.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter