Any non-value resorts that sleep 5?

DizneyLizzy

DIS Veteran
4 adults and 1 6 year old child. All in the same family, so sharing beds is fine. We were originally booked at Sapphire Falls in a regular room with 4 people, but if we add a 5th will we be uncomfortable? Do the Premiere Resorts comfortably fit 5? For reference, as a kid my family of 5 often stayed at Yacht/Beach Club and we were totally fine with 5 in that room, even when all 3 kids were really grown ups. We're also fine with getting two rooms at SF. For our dates, 2 rooms at SF is less than a suite. Not interested in Cabana Bay, Dockside, etc.

I would compare room layout and square footage of the premier resorts with Yacht/Beach Club so you have an idea how the room will feel space wise. PB rooms are the largest but many have a bathroom layout that is not ideal for sharing with more than 2 adults. Two rooms at SF would probably be more comfortable but you'll lose the express pass so for me it would depend on time of year (do you really need express) and how many nights (before being all in one room starts to get annoying)

Biggest questions would be, how much time do you plan to spend in the room and is only one bathroom problematic?

I would compare room layout and square footage of the premier resorts with Yacht/Beach Club so you have an idea how the room will feel space wise. PB rooms are the largest but many have a bathroom layout that is not ideal for sharing with more than 2 adults. Two rooms at SF would probably be more comfortable but you'll lose the express pass so for me it would depend on time of year (do you really need express) and how many nights (before being all in one room starts to get annoying)
If I'm reading correctly in the room descriptions, it seems like the main difference between the Universal and Disney resorts is the lack of sofa bed/pullout couch in the Universal Resorts. Anyone know how hard it is to get a rollaway bed? The 6 year old could sleep on that.

It's a super short trip (2 nights) so we won't be in the room much :-)
Might be easier to get a suite at nearby offsite hotel and just pay for the parking at Citywalk garage especially if you’re going to be at the parks most of the time.

Any of the express pass resorts should sleep 5, with charges for extra adults over 2. When we took 3 kids we brought a inflatable mattress for DS at RPR, which has the smallest rooms of the 3. PBR would give you more space.

Hard Rock "deluxe queen" rooms sleep 5. They have 2 queen beds and a small fold out couch (and extra square footage). My son (was 13) actually chose to sleep on the couch without pulling it out.

I've stayed at RPR with 5 in a regular queen room several times, and everyone was bigger than a six year old. We spent most of our time in the parks but were perfectly comfortable in the room -- like you, all family. You can get a rollaway, but I wouldn't bother with it for a young child. A small air mattress or sleep mat works fine and takes up less space. If you do want a rollaway, you can request it in advance, but there's a charge.

I have stayed at Hard Rock deluxe guest room and ordered the roll away bed .
Very easy to roll into room and situate under the window. It is like one of those moving Dollie’s with a handle and 2 wheels and very nice mattress with nice linens.
Loews is an excellent resort hotel chain that actually is deluxe !

I like Sapphire Falls but usually walk over to Aventura for their food court and Starbucks.
SF does have the boat taxi which I love !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter