Annual Pass Discounts

TmnsnMD

Mouseketeer
I need annual pass information. We have made our ressies for Aug 2004 during value season in loop 1400 (hopefully). This time it will be DH, DS (14), DS best friend (15), 2 cousins (10, 7) and myself.

Has anyone received an annual pass discount during value season. Would it be worth our while to purchase 1 annual pass in hopes of getting a discount? Or should we wait and if a discount come open call WDW and ask to add this discount then purchase an annual pass. Where would you purchase an AP? Our Disney store closed last month. DH wants UHP (that is what we had last time we went) because it was just sooooo nice not to have to worry about how many days or +'s we have left. Not having to pay for water parks. What other benefits would an annual pass give us that we would not receive with AAA?

Sorry this is so long with so many questions but any help you can give me would be GREAT.

Thanks,
Lisa

A regular annual pass does not include admission to the water parks, etc., just the regular parks. The Premium Annual Pass is considerably more. Unless you plan more that one trip (or stay longer than 10 days) in a year the annual pass may not be a deal for you.

You can wait and see if you get a discount before buying an AP. You could even wait till you get there to get an AP. Your mileage may vary, but they have NEVER asked to see our AP upon registration. If they ask to see it and you don't yet have it (I've heard) that they'll check you in at the regular rate and adjust it when you bring back the AP to show them.

Have fun planning!

So, CampingCorgi, may I assume that AP codes have been used in the past for FW sites? Thanks. :D

I can tell you that we've gone last Aug and this, starting with the beginning of value season, and the price difference between annual pass and AAA discount is only a dollar or two. I always reserve it for the year ahead as soon as the AAA rate comes out since it's usually first. I asked once why the AP discount is more for the regular hotel rooms, but not for the campground, and was told it was because the rooms are higher priced to start with.
Terri

Yes, we've gotten AP discounts before. We usually make our reservations plenty early and then call back if any discounts become available.

With our AP rate last August, a full hook-up site was less than $30 a night. We had AP's because we were staying 12 nights and are going again this summer. I'm not sure the AP is worth it just for campsite discounts alone, unless you are staying a long time or planning more than one trip. Discounts for the preferred loops may be different also.

Thanks for all the answers -- what other benefits (discounts on food / tours / etc) will the AP give us? **We will be there 9 days - want to hit all the parks (water parks also) and Disney Quest**

Thanks
Lisa

Last December my AP rate for a partial hookup site was 25.60 per night.

I have the AP because I'm usually at the parks 20 days a year, not for the campsite discounts.

Check wdwig.com for complete current AP info. I do think it gives you some other discounts--food, etc.

These are AP discounts I found at http://www.mousesavers.com valid 7/4 - 8/23/03:

Ft. Wilderness - $25 value season, partial hookup campsite; $30 value season, full hookup campsite; $40 regular season, full hookup campsite; $48 regular season, preferred campsite

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter