animal kingdom coaster

darla

Earning My Ears
From a little blurb on screamscape. Animal kingdom coaster projected date 2004. Lets hope so. Does anyone have anything of interest to say related to this topic.:cool: :bounce: :cool: :pinkbounc

That coaster is supposed to combine the previously planned Dragon Tower and Quest for the Unicorn attractions. If it will be built, it will be located adjacent to Camp Minnie-Mickey. The original location for the coaster is near the Pocahontas show, if I am not mistaken (it's hard interpreting blurry concept art sometimes).

While I hope they'll prove me wrong, I find it unlikely that they will build a whole Beatly Kingdom land as originally planned, although it would make lots of sense to get this project greenlighted ASAP. AK's attendance continues to drop, and the longer Disney waits to add to the park, the harder it will be to make up the money lost in the meantime.

A coaster in Animal Kingdom isn't a good idea. There are other projects more suitable for AK than that. No matter how you build it, a coaster will add unnecessary noise
that will upset the animals and birds, unless built inside a building.

I doubt that the animals would be the slightest bit bothered by a roller coaster in that area. Chances are that you wouldn't even be able to hear it from the Oasis - steel coasters are typically pretty silent.
Tarzan Rocks, on the other hand, can clearly be heard in several of the animal habitats, with no visible effects.

Even if you were able to hear the coaster, I doubt that these animals would be significantly bothered by it, after seeing some 8 million noisy people pass by them each year.

Take Epcot for instance. Illuminations is definitely MUCH louder than a coaster, and they don't seem to be too bothered by it. The wild ones just gather around the side of the lagoon, and the captive ones don't really do anything.

I think it would be very likely that Disney will build an indoor roller coaster, with the two currently running in the other two parks. It could be themed up like them too. If they do make one like that, it will be different in its own way though (especially the train model).

In the press releases for the Hong Kong Disney Park, there was mention of a indoor roller coaster to be placed in 'Adventureland' where visitors would travel through the jungle at night. This could be easily transplanted into AK.

...is that a new coaster in any existing Disney-funded park will be indoors.

Theming for indoor coasters like R'n'RC (basically neon and paint) is much cheaper than that for outdoor coasters like Big Thunder (had to build mountains for that one).

Unless, of course, they try to duck any real theming altogether by calling "roadside carnival" a "theme." Oh wait, they're already doing that...

I share wdwguide's doubt that Beastly Kingdom will ever be built as a "land."

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter