Angela's Journey to the Life She Deserves (Posts Welcome!)

Hi Angela,
I came over, cause you posted in my journal, and it made me feel really good!

First, where are you getting the junk food from? Is it for your kids? DH? Dr Phil suggests creating a cupboard that is junkfood and ONLY family members allowed to eat it can open that cupboard- is that a strategy that appeals to you? Otherwise, get it out of your house, and certainly out of eye sight- not on counters where you can grab it- same with the soda, you know Diet Coke is sugar free and calorie free? You could have that- or more water.

I am so impressed you have lost 20lbs- I want to do that and right now I am struggling to lose my first 10! But you have made it to 20! Im not sure what your goal is, but I bet you will reach it.

This also sounds like emotional eating to me. And it sounds like when your little boy returns things will feel right again.

:wave2: Hi Angela,
That field trip with dd and dh sounds like it was a lot of fun :D . I wanted to stop by to give you a :hug: . I know how it feels when our babies are away from us for the first time. You know he is fine and enjoy the time but yet it still tugs at your heart. I am sure once he's home you will get back on track. Remember that 21.5 pounds is a wonderful accomplishment in and of itself ::yes:: ! You need to be proud of that. Take care, Angela :D .

Hi Angela,

Trying to get caught up with journals.
Oh boy do I remember my kids first trips- very emotional!
You are most certainly feeling out of sorts this week- its only natural. Just hang in there, you'll be back to normal schedule soon. ::yes::

Ohhh what is that sound I hear? Oohh, it's the 25 lb clippie calling your name. :hyper: He says he hoping to come visit you really soon!:teeth:

Hang in there , you'll be back on plan in no time!

Have a great one

Hey girl!

I can't remember who to give the credit to but when you are tempted just remember that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels! I try to remember that. Oh by the way, I attended three birthday parties since Friday, and if I can leave the bday cake alone (which is a weakness of mine) you can do it too!

Keep your chin up!::yes::

The incredible shrinking one!

Dax

Angela, how are you doing today?? Are you getting yourself back on track?? Maybe you should just try to maintain this week while your sweet DS is having a holiday with the grandparents.

If nothing else, make sure you drink your water, OK? You can do that, right? ::yes::

Be extra kind to yourself and you'll be back to normal when DS returns and the schedule gets back to normal. Until then, just hang in there and do the best you can.

:hug:

Good morning everyone! :wave:

I'm sure you all think that I fell off the face of the earth, and I guess I did for a little while. I decided to just take a break from journaling last week. My heart just wasn't into it, and I didn't want to come here with every intention of making a fresh start when I knew that wasn't the case. You all hit the nail on the head with the diagnosis of emotional eating. That's exactly what it was. The problem was that I realized that at the time, but I didn't care. :confused: I do appreciate the encouraging words left by each and every one of you. It's overwhelming to know that I have so many people out there pulling for me. To borrow my DD's greatest words of praise...You're the best! ::yes::

Well...a week of eating out and not exercising or drinking much water bit me in the rear when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning. I'm up 6 pounds! :eek: Pretty impressive for just 7 days, isn't it? :crazy: So, as of yesterday morning's weigh-in, I've lost 15.5 pounds. I'll be changing my clippie back after I post this, but I plan on reclaiming that 20 pounder this week. ::yes:: The scale is already down 4 pounds, so I know the bulk of this is water weight.

I'm going to bust my tail this week with exercising, and I will make much, much better eating choices. ::yes:: I'm off to a good start, as I used 28 points yesterday and did 3 miles on the treadmill in the early afternoon. Now it's just a matter of getting back into the routine.

Sharon, you are so right. I had all the time in the world last week, and I accomplished very little. We picked DS up on Sunday, and I've done more in the past day and a half than I did all last week. :crazy: how much we thrive with these busy rountines, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm off to catch up on some journals. Thank you all again for continuing to support me. You'll never know how much it means to me. :D Hope you all have a great day!

Hey Angela!
Welcome back! I'm sorry that last week was a tough week, but it is over and you are ready to move on. I know that you will be putting that 20 lb. clippie back up very soon!::yes:: You can do this Angela!!!::yes::

Go Angela Go!:cheer2: Woohoo!:thewave:

Have a great day!

Tracy:wave2:

I'm glad to hear you are back to feeling better ::yes:: . I know EXACTLY what you mean about the emotional eating. Sometimes we just don't care while we are in those moments. You know what though? I know you can turn it around ::yes:: . I've got faith in you, Angela :cheer2: !

Wishing you a wonderful day :sunny: !

Hi Angela!:wave2: How are you doing?? Are you getting back OP?? Take it one step at a time if you have to. Get back to eating OP and then start the exercise. Sometimes, trying to focus on it all at once makes it look too difficult and we just give up. Set mini goals for yourself so that it doesn't look quite so daunting. :earseek:
I hope you are enjoying nice spring weather and that all is well (even if busy!)
ttfn-
Sharon :sunny:

Hi guys! :wave:

Just stopping by for a quick post before I head out for the weekend.

This week has been so busy, but at least it's been productive. DD is gearing up for her dance recital, which means lots and lots of rehearsal. In a nutshell, I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off lately. :crazy: Wouldn't have it any other way, though.

I'm heading out in a few hours for an overnight retreat with some of my girlfriends. It's supposed to rain and rain tonight, but we're not letting that dampen our spirits. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when I'm dripping wet, though.

I've been OP and exercising all week. Points look pretty good, and the scale showed some improvement after the mess I made of myself last week. I'll weigh in officially on Monday morning, so I'm not pinning my hopes on the numbers I've seen the past few days.

I hope that you all have a fabulous weekend! Hopefully I'll be able to get online Sunday afternoon and get caught up with everyone. I miss you guys and am thinking of you, even if I don't get a chance to drop by your journals. ::yes::

Take care, everyone!
Angela

How was the girl's weekend :D ? I hope it was great ::yes:: ! Hope you have a great day :sunny: !

HI Angela!
I hope you had a great weekend! Take good care of you and have a wonderful Wednesday!

Hi Angela,

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Mother's Day.

Hope your retreat was fun and relaxing also.

Have a great week-

Hi Ang!
I hope that everything is going well and that you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Please post when you can and let us know how you are doing! Take care!

Angela, I'm thinking of you! I hope all is well! I'm worried about your weigh-in on Monday, though. I figure if the scale showed a good loss, you would have been here to share it with us. Don't worry about it - this week will be better! This is such a busy time of the year - I'm looking forward to the summer slow-down!! ::yes::

:hug: and :sunny:

Hi Angela,:wave:
I'm just dropping by to say hello. I hope that everything is going well for you. Take good care of you and post when you can.::yes:: Have a wonderful Memorial day weekend!

Just stopping by to let you know I'm thinking about you, Angela :hug: . I hope all is well with you :wave2: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter