Andrea & Randy July 2010~My mad Hatter Tea Party Lots of pictures!

Which Mickey Voice Should I Use Link to voices on pg 4

• Dave Prat

• Michael Robles

• Michael Bettis

• Dean

• Sonny

• Craig

• Anders

Results are only viewable after voting.
Still reading you PJ, but are you interested in selling your Tea Party Dress :D :D :D

Edit, whoops only one more page so I'm caught up! Can I say WOW to that Tea Party??? I mean, seriously, WOW. LOVE The lantern tree, I want that in my house!!!

Your tea party photos are beautiful!! And oh my gosh, that Cheshire Cat cupcake is the CUTEST. THING. EVER. I swear I have never seen a more adorable thing in my life!! :goodvibes

Thanks! I know the cupcakes came out amazing. I sent in inspiration pictures and these turned out even better then the pictures I sent.

wow, it looks amazing! I love how everything turned out and I agree, those cupcakes are my favorite. I hope they were as tasty as they looked. The lanterns were incredible, I can't believe you made that!

Actually the cupcakes did not taste all that great:sad1: they were really dry. But the mad hatter hat cake tasted great it had peanut butter cup filling! I was worried out wedding cake would not be so good after eating the cup cakes but they turned out great to!!

Andrea your teaparty was amazing - but then I expected it to be. All your wedding ideas have been incredible!!

Thanks so much! your to nice

WOW - that's all I kept saying while looking at your pics!! Great job on the DIY projects, everything looks amazing, love your hat - WOW!!!!

Thanks! I loved the hat to.

I love how you were able to have a lot of group activities right away. It looks like your family had a lot of fun. The shirts are super cute from the drinking around the world :thumbsup2 We also combined the photopasses from our guests, but didn't end up with too many either. Although, in the end I am still glad we did it because I got some images that I would have never gotten any other way.

Thanks. The shirts were so much fun. I am glad we did the photo pass to I would definitely do it again.

Fabulous party pics. Looks like everything fell into place just how you planned it. And I love your outfit:goodvibes

THanks!

WOW everything looks amazing so far!!! can't wait to read more!

Thanks!

Everything looks fantastic! :worship: I'm anxiously awaiting more!

I am going to try and put up more tonight

Congratulations!:)
Cant wait to see more everything you are doing looks so good!!

Thanks!

Andrea!! Where have you gone - more pleeeeeeaaaase!!!!

Sorry I have been so busy and any free time I have has gone to MIxbook.com I am obsesses with making books from the wedding

Still reading you PJ, but are you interested in selling your Tea Party Dress :D :D :D

Edit, whoops only one more page so I'm caught up! Can I say WOW to that Tea Party??? I mean, seriously, WOW. LOVE The lantern tree, I want that in my house!!!

Thanks! The lantern tree was really fun I am trying to find a reason to use it again. I did already use it at my at home reception.

Andrea, I can't believe you got married while I was MIA! So sorry I missed wishing you congrats...so here's a belated YAY You're married! Your pics are gorgeous! (You are so gorgeous as well) I saw them in the bridal shoot thread. Who was your photographer??

Hi i've been reading your TR over the past couple of days and have really enjoyed it. I love all the work you put into your tea party, you should take up party planning as a living!

I'm looking forward to reading more :)

Andrea, I can't believe you got married while I was MIA! So sorry I missed wishing you congrats...so here's a belated YAY You're married! Your pics are gorgeous! (You are so gorgeous as well) I saw them in the bridal shoot thread. Who was your photographer??

Thanks! Your wedding is so soon u must be so excited Ives been looking at your PJ and I love your hair and makeup! My photographer was Joe.

Hi i've been reading your TR over the past couple of days and have really enjoyed it. I love all the work you put into your tea party, you should take up party planning as a living!

I'm looking forward to reading more :)

Thanks! that would be my dream job!

Day 4. This was our one day when we had no events or reservations! It was our day to do whatever we wanted. So we spent the day at the parks. One of my bridesmaids had never been to Disney so it was fun to show her around. I swear she took a pictures of everything lol. We had a great time and later that night the rest of the wedding party was arriving so we had pizza by the pool and just hung out it was a nice day.

That night I started to get ready for the tea party. I went around to
everyone's hotel room and put a clock on their door that read Don't be late for this very important date....Remember tea party to day at 11. They all loved waking up to this on their door. I on the other hand hardly slept that night I don’t know why but I was so worried about the tea party. I slept better the night before the wedding.

Pictures in the park
Photo0495.jpg

Photo0534.jpg

Photo0433.jpg

Photo0568.jpg

Here is the clock on the door

P7170313.jpg

P7170311.jpg

Up next the tea party and rehersal

i'm glad you had a free day...I think those are needed to make sure your relaxed. I love your dress! its so flattering and a great color.

Those clocks are awesome. what a great idea.

Day 5

We had to wake up early to get the car parked with tea party stuff and all the things I need to give my wedding planner at our rehearsal. Our rehearsal was at 8 am. When I arrived Ron Rosenzweig was there and ready to go. My wedding planner was a little late. Ron help out a lot and got us all ready for the next day. I had a tree planting ceremony something Ron had never done so he made sure to go over it a couple times so it turned out how I wanted it.

Right after the rehearsal we went right to set up for the tea party. I threw this party for the women so I wanted the guys to help me set up. I wanted the women to be surprised when they walked in. Everything went great with the party. I spent a lot of time on this party. I did more for the tea party then I did for the wedding lol.

The invitation they got months before the party.
It read on the front , Don’t be late for this very important date…..

cameraapril13115.jpg

cameraapril13108.jpg

You must join us in a cup of tea It will be quit mad you see
Andrea’s Mad Hatter Tea Party
July 14, 2010
11:00am to 1:00pm
Grand Floridian Hotel
Please Rsvp or off with your head!!!

In their welcome packed the women were instructed to meet in the lobby of the Grand Floridian hotel. There they would meet Alice and follow her down the rabbit whole. Alice was a family friend. She looked so cute! I stayed in the room and waited for everyone and made sure the very marry unbirthday song was playing while everyone walked in. I bought the Alice in Wonderland soundtrack to play during the tea party. When everyone walked in they right away started looking at all the stuff and taking pictures.

AndreaandRandysWedding122.jpg

Here is the décor. I brought everything from home. Our truck was packed and so was my Dad’s. I made just about everything I had so much fun looking for ideas. I wanted wheat grass down the whole center of the table but when Disney quoted me at 1,000 for this I had to come up with a new idea. Instead I used moss and fake wheat grass that was underneath the tea pots. The tea pot were stack on each other that kind of reminded me of the center of the animated table. I also wanted to add some color higher up. I knew disney would not allow me to tape or nail anything t the ceiling so I made lantern holders. I used wire, metal tube, cement, a bucket, and ribbon. I think it turned out great.

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_106of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1021of165-2.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1013of165-2.jpg

AndreaandRandysWedding048.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1012of165-1.jpg

38488_133494263353318_100000782361100_144399_1043858_n.jpg

38488_133494260019985_100000782361100_144398_2408308_n.jpg

disney213.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1011of165-2.jpg

Place cards. I made these with clay, little pots, moss and Styrofoam balls.

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1010of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1056of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1040of165.jpg

Menus I made were placed at everyone’s set . They read
Come%20join%20us%20in%20a%20cup%20of%20tea.%20It%20will%20be%20quite%20mad%20you%20see...

[FONT=&quot]Come join us in a cup of tea. It will be quite mad you see...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Eat Me!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cheshire Cat’s Strawberry Soup[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Queen of Hearts Romaine ceaser Salad[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wonderland Sandwiches:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tuna salad, Egg Salad, cumber and crèam Chesse, raspberry jam & Cream[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mad Hatter Cup Cakes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Drink Me!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Your Tea cups are bottomless. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We’re getting the tab[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So drink all you want.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We’ll call you a cab![/FONT]
I found the wording online somewhere I do not remember where it may have been another Dis bride. I thought it was so cute. But we did have one problem. They forgot the tea in my BEO it said that there would be assorted tea and there was no tea at all at my tea party! No one seemed to mind though and eventually the waiter did bring some for my maid of honor and I . We had never really had tea before and wanted to try some. I think Ill stick with my diet Pepsi.

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1024of165.jpg

AndreaandRandysWedding056.jpg

My florist Rose was in charge of the table covers and chair covers and napkins. When I got there the chairs were covered but nothing on the tables so I just figured they had not done it yet. Then a little later on the waiter started putting down silver wear I hurried up and stopped him so we would not do all that work and have to take it away when the table cover got there and he told me he knew nothing about table covers. He got his manager and finally they found the table covers. Then a little while later I realizes the napkins were missing. We had to go through the same thing again and finally the napkins were found. I don’t know what caused the confusion but I was happy everything was there!

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_107of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1014of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1048of165.jpg

disney215.jpg

Tea Party pictures start on page 22

The first activity for the women to do was decorate their tea hat that was found on everyone’s chair. The bridal party had blue, the little girls had pink, my mom had off white and I got a white one for me but I never ended up taking off my little mad hatter hat I loved it. My hat fell off at one point and I had some one put it back in for me. She put it on the wrong way so you could not see the detail on it in all the pictures but I still loved it. I had a table set up with all kinds of flowers, birds, butterflies and ribbons for them to put on their hats. I love how everyone’s hats turned out so different.

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1046of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1052of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1063of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1041of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1067of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1087of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1045of165.jpg

AndreaandRandysWedding054.jpg

Then it was time to eat. The food was so good.

Strawberry soup just amazing
mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1094of165.jpg

Cesar salad wonderful

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10116of165.jpg

Assorted sandwiches also were very good. I did not want anything to fancy I think the sandwiches I choose where a good choice for my group of people.

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10126of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10127of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10125of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10143of165.jpg

Then it was time for the cupcakes. They turned out even better then I imagined. They were so cute! Taste wise not so good. They were really dry but because they were so cute I did not really care lol. The mad hater cake on the other had tasted very good. It had a peanut butter cup filing with chocolate cake!

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_101of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_102of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_104of165.jpg

AndreaandRandysWedding072.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1027of165-1.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10106of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10105of165.jpg

Then everyone got a big surprise I did not tell anyone about the mad hatter coming to the party. When he walked in everyone was excited. He did such a good job he told jokes and said all kinds of quotes from the movie. I also gave everyone their party favor at this time. I had made tea cups that looked like the tea cups from the ride. They turned out wonderful and everyone loved them. I also made hat boxes for everyone to put their teacup in. I decoupage pictures from the movie and of the ride on the boxes.

AndreaandRandysWedding089.jpg

AndreaandRandysWedding113.jpg

38382_133494453353299_100000782361100_144408_5639776_n.jpg

disney216.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1022of165-2.jpg

disney219.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10112of165.jpg

Everyone took a picture with the mad hatter and their tea cup.

AndreaandRandysWedding113.jpg

AndreaandRandysWedding118.jpg

The party went to fast but it was a lot of fun and I hope it’s something everyone will remember. I also hope that I have a reason to have another tea party someday.

Here are just some more pictures

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10152of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10158of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1078of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1047of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1038of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1037of165.jpg
mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_10-bw.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1016of165.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1039of165.jpg

disney212.jpg

mpaige-Andrea-BridalTea-07_14_1099of165.jpg

While the women had there tea party the men in the wedding party went on a segway tour at fort wilderness camp ground. They really enjoyed it. The other men rented boats at the contemporary resort. Then all the men met up and went out to lunch.

Your tea party was just gorgeous!! And I am in *love* with your lantern holder -- it is AMAZING!! :goodvibes

I have to say that whenever I see these types of gorgeous tea party photos, it makes me wish I was an Alice in Wonderland fan so I'd have an excuse to have one! :rotfl:

I am completely in awe of everything you did for the party! Wow! Great job!

Thanks so much!

Your tea party was just gorgeous!! And I am in *love* with your lantern holder -- it is AMAZING!! :goodvibes

I have to say that whenever I see these types of gorgeous tea party photos, it makes me wish I was an Alice in Wonderland fan so I'd have an excuse to have one! :rotfl:

Thanks! to tell you the truth before this I was not a huge fan either but it was so much fun to plan now I am!

Wow! I am speechless at how much work you put in to make it such a memorable party for everyone. All the little extra details make such a difference. I bet you even amazed the Disney cast members with how wonderful the room looked. Makes me wish we were still having a Mad hatter themed reception, Chris put the boot in that idea and it's halloween now - couldn't be more opposite!

OMG amazing!!! so much detail, you did an amazing job. i'm sure no one will ever forget it! everything was perfect. I love your dress! its so cute. I can't believe they forgot the tea! thats really the silliest thing to forget. did they not know what the event was? Can't wait to see more!!

Come back! I'd love to see pictures of your reception...we're using the same colors! Everything you've posted so far looks amazing! You did a fantastic job!

Wow! I am speechless at how much work you put in to make it such a memorable party for everyone. All the little extra details make such a difference. I bet you even amazed the Disney cast members with how wonderful the room looked. Makes me wish we were still having a Mad hatter themed reception, Chris put the boot in that idea and it's halloween now - couldn't be more opposite!

Thanks Disney actually put my tea party on their blog!

OMG amazing!!! so much detail, you did an amazing job. i'm sure no one will ever forget it! everything was perfect. I love your dress! its so cute. I can't believe they forgot the tea! thats really the silliest thing to forget. did they not know what the event was? Can't wait to see more!!

Thanks

Come back! I'd love to see pictures of your reception...we're using the same colors! Everything you've posted so far looks amazing! You did a fantastic job!

Thanks I'll start posting some wedding pictures

I have seen the picture of you and your beautiful veil all over the place so I decided I'd come over here and read your journal, what a fantastic time you must have had! I can't wait to see some pictures from the ceremony!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter