"American" gifts

This is several years old, but let's you know why not to bother taking US "chocolate" candy to Germany.

What’s going on here? On Friday, TODAY consumer correspondent Janice Lieberman reported that Hershey’s has switched to less expensive ingredients in several of its products. In particular, cocoa butter — the ingredient famous for giving chocolate its creamy, melt-in-your-mouth texture — has been replaced with vegetable oil.

The removal of cocoa butter violates the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s definition of milk chocolate, so subtle changes have appeared on the labels of the Hershey’s products with altered recipes. Products once labeled “milk chocolate” now say “chocolate candy,” “made with chocolate” or “chocolatey.”
http://www.today.com/id/26788143/ns...olics-sour-new-hersheys-formula/#.U6u2lpK9KSM

This is several years old, but let's you know why not to bother taking US "chocolate" candy to Germany.
http://www.today.com/id/26788143/ns...olics-sour-new-hersheys-formula/#.U6u2lpK9KSM
I feel like the same thing will happen to candy that happened to the American beer companies.

They stayed with the status quo figuring that "meh, our mediocre beers are good enough for the American palate." As a consequence, their market shares have dropped dramatically with the onset of craft beers & more readily available imports. They've gotten such a bad reputation amongst beer connoisseur that they've tried to trick consumers by hiding their names on their own "crafty beers."

Links:
It's official: Craft brewers are now beating big beer.

Success Of Craft Brewers Causing Issues For Big Beer Companies.

I was also going to suggest Oreos. My sister and BIL live in Dusselsordf and that is her one big request whenever someone comes to visit. That and if it is girls scout time some thin mints! It's just a little reminder of home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter