Amazon Prime and delivery to resort hotels?

I used amazon prime now last fall at poly. It went to valet services and they stored it in a small storage "shed" by the podium outside. No charge, but i did give a couple dollars tip to valet. It was there in less than 3 hours. I used poly's name and address and put my name, room number, and cell number on the other line. Worked a charm 3 times.

I second using PrimeNow! We used it for our trip about a month ago and it was great. I placed an order when we arrived at the hotel and it was delivered a few hours later to the bellhops. We got a case of water, cereal, snacks, vitamin water, and a few other things. I would have ordered milk and yogurt too if I had known there was a fridge at Bell Services. With the PrimeNow app, I was able to tip the delivery driver and specify to leave my order with the bellhops. We called bell services when we got back in our room later that night to have them drop off our stuff. No $5 front desk charge (Poly), but we did tip the bellhop.

I was going to suggest buying a case of Dasani water from the resort, but it looks like they increased their price to $16/case of 24 bottles (12 oz bottles)

I"m thinking of ordering snacks, etc from Amazon. If we order perishables (i.e. milk, eggs) does the resort automatically put them in the refrigerator? Does the Amazon people sort out those types of items?

I"m thinking of ordering snacks, etc from Amazon. If we order perishables (i.e. milk, eggs) does the resort automatically put them in the refrigerator? Does the Amazon people sort out those types of items?
If you are talking about the Amazon grocery service (Now or something like that), then yes- they separate and designate fridge items from others. And yes, bell service stores the fridge items in the fridge for you if it arrives before you do. Last trip, I placed my order while waiting on the Magical Express and set it up to arrive about the time that I did. Also, since this is grocery delivery- you aren't charged the $5 fee that you're charged with shipping an Amazon Prime box.

I was just discussing this with my mom, so glad to find out more info! We are debating not renting a car when we go in February as we want to stay on property and this would make that very possible! The Amazon Now service sounds pretty awesome!

Last edited:
Why not use one of the grocery delivery services, such as Garden Grocer, We Go Shop, or Publix via their app?

I was going to suggest buying a case of Dasani water from the resort, but it looks like they increased their price to $16/case of 24 bottles (12 oz bottles)
Is this offered at all resorts? I certainly would not mind paying that over the $3 a bottle cost at the parks.
Also, is there a membership fee to use amazon prime now?

Why not use one of the grocery delivery services, such as Garden Grocer, We Go Shop, or Publix via their app?
we use Garden Grocer which costs more but need milk, yogurt etc for the kids

Garden grocer will deliver alcohol, we always get beer and wine for the room.

We did this for our trip last year and it worked out great. I still have a little one in diapers, so I send the diapers to resort with my AmazonPrime Order so I don't have to take up luggage space.

One thing to note, Amazon sent our items last year (snacks, water, diapers, etc) in the biggest box I have ever seen. We arrived after midnight due to a plane delay and when the CM went to get the box, it was about 5ft tall and heavy as all hell. She insisted to carrying this box all the way across the resort and up to the room. We tipped her very well. I was not expecting such a large package.

It must vary by resort. I was not charged at SSR in December. I know resorts that are conference centers usually charge.
This just started this year with the $5 handling fee at Disney resorts.

And yes the conference resorts charge an additional $10 fee and have always charge a fee. All package shipped to conference resorts are sent to the business center at the resorts which are run by an outside company. It use to be Xerox now it is run by Ricoh. And that is why there is an extra handling fee charged.

Resurrecting this thread to ask a question - I'm considering switching to PrimeNow for my upcoming trip, instead of Garden Grocer, because the prices are better and also because we land pretty late at night (around 10:30) and PrimeNow has slightly later delivery slots available. I figure I'll place the order the night before and schedule it for the latest slot possible the next day (8-10 pm I think?) and Bell Services will hold the stuff for us until we arrive.

Question - kind of a random one - I'm not seeing any spray sunscreen available at all when I search for Primenow stuff in the Orlando zipcode. Do they just not carry that or should I try again later? I see plenty of lotion sunscreen, but we prefer spray and don't want to check bags. I guess we can pick some up at the resort when we arrive/the next morning. I was just wondering if there was some reason Primenow doesn't seem to carry it?

We’ve used both Amazon Prime and Garden Grocer. Both worked well and allowed us to get stuff w/o needing to rent a car as we like to use DME. We liked that GG will deliver alcohol. Yes, it was more then going to the store ourselves, however, when including the hassle of picking up the car rental, dropping it off, etc., it’s well worth the price to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter