Amazon Prime and delivery to resort hotels?

disneysmyhappyplace

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering if anyone as had any experience with using Amazon Prime to order snacks, water and such to the Disney resort hotels? How do you do it? Do you send the package with your name to the Resort hotel you are staying in? Any help would be greatly appreciated:) I am trying to avoid using the Garden Grocer this year if possible:)

I was just wondering if anyone as had any experience with using Amazon Prime to order snacks, water and such to the Disney resort hotels? How do you do it? Do you send the package with your name to the Resort hotel you are staying in? Any help would be greatly appreciated:) I am trying to avoid using the Garden Grocer this year if possible:)

I used Amazon Prime for a delivery to SSR in December. It was really easy. First, I added SSR's address to my Amazon address book. (Be sure to add your arrival date as part of the address.) I placed my order of snacks, soda, water, breakfast bars, cereal, etc. about 1 1/2 weeks before my arrival date. Amazon sent me an email when the box was shipped. When I checked in, bell services had my box. Easy, peasy! I plan on using Amazon Prime again for my trip in March.

Check out the Resorts thread. There is a sticky on how to ship to your resort, as well as the addresses of the resorts.

Last edited:
I used Amazon Prime for a delivery to SSR in December. It was really easy. First, I added SSR's address to my Amazon address book. (Be sure to add your arrival date as part of the address.) I placed my order of snacks, soda, water, breakfast bars, cereal, etc. about 1 1/2 weeks before my arrival date. Amazon sent me an email when the box was shipped. When I checked in, bell services had my box. Easy, peasy! I plan on using Amazon Prime again for my trip in March.
Thank you! Just one question why did you place the order 1 1/2 weeks before your trip? I have prime wouldn't it come to early? Thank you so much!!

Thank you! Just one question why did you place the order 1 1/2 weeks before your trip? I have prime wouldn't it come to early? Thank you so much!!

Yes, I placed my order about 10 days before my arrival date to make sure the box arrived in time. In fact, it arrived 4 days before check-in. Bell services will hold your box, no worries! :)

A good reason to send it early is in the unlikely event of delays. In October I shipped my box plenty early. It was due to arrive before we got there. Then the hurricane messed that up and it wasn't delivered until halfway through the trip.
Also, somewhat recently there was an announcement that there would be a charge for things shipped to the resorts. I haven't checked updates on if they are enforcing it, but I'm sure the resorts board has that topic covered.

OP, if you're doing a Prime Pantry box I think those actually don't ship with two day shipping. Or at least they didn't when I went in 2015 and had to ship it then. But as previous posters said, I shipped mine about a week in advance to the resort. I also put my reservation confirmation number on the box. No problems, and it was great to have the snacks!

Yes, I placed my order about 10 days before my arrival date to make sure the box arrived in time. In fact, it arrived 4 days before check-in. Bell services will hold your box, no worries! :)

As stated prime pantry isn't 2 days but Disney has a whole distribution center so your shipment will go there first then redistributed to your resort. So you to give Disney a few days to get the shipment to you as I have learned the hard way.

Something else to keep in mind is that if you are staying at a "conference" resort, there will be an additional fee added to your room for accepting the box. Either $10 or $20.

Something else to keep in mind is that if you are staying at a "conference" resort, there will be an additional fee added to your room for accepting the box. Either $10 or $20.
I've never heard of this, and it isn't mentioned on the package and shipping page of the official website. Any idea when this started? I

I've never heard of this, and it isn't mentioned on the package and shipping page of the official website. Any idea when this started? I

Perhaps it's changed. It used to be mentioned quite frequently whenever this topic came up. I think Coronado Springs in particular would charge for having boxes shipped there, perhaps Contemporary as well. I remember reading it during my 2015 trip because I was shipping to AKL, but they did not have a fee.

This is from Disney's website:

Receiving Mail
Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail throughout their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.

If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the letter or package:

• Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $5 per package handling fee will apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.

This is from Disney's website:

Receiving Mail
Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail throughout their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.

If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the letter or package:

• Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $5 per package handling fee will apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.

Oh interesting, I guess it's all hotels now. Well it would still be worth it to me for the Prime Pantry box. We saved a lot on not buying water or snack items in the parks.

I saw someone else suggest doing Amazon Now delivery to your hotel and putting a note that you would meet them in the lobby. You would obviously have to time it to when you'll be spending a couple hours in your hotel, but I guess that's one way around the $5 fee if you're worried about it.

I used amazon prime now last fall at poly. It went to valet services and they stored it in a small storage "shed" by the podium outside. No charge, but i did give a couple dollars tip to valet. It was there in less than 3 hours. I used poly's name and address and put my name, room number, and cell number on the other line. Worked a charm 3 times.

Looks like they started charging in November. I am sure you would still save money! Our trip 2 years ago we shipped water, snacks, orange juice, etc. Even if we had to pay an additional $5 per box, I would still do it!

Looks like they started charging in November. I am sure you would still save money! Our trip 2 years ago we shipped water, snacks, orange juice, etc. Even if we had to pay an additional $5 per box, I would still do it!

It must vary by resort. I was not charged at SSR in December. I know resorts that are conference centers usually charge.

I used amazon prime now last fall at poly. It went to valet services and they stored it in a small storage "shed" by the podium outside. No charge, but i did give a couple dollars tip to valet. It was there in less than 3 hours. I used poly's name and address and put my name, room number, and cell number on the other line. Worked a charm 3 times.
We ordered a case of water from Costco to be delivered to Poly back in 2011 or 12. I was careful to include "guest", arrival date & confirmation # on the shipping address. Yet, Poly refused it. It was returned to Costco who issued a refund but after a super early flight to FL, a day in MK, we just wanted to swing by the desk and bring the water to our room so it was very annoying to wait at the desk 1/2 hour while they searched high & low for it and they kept saying "hang on, let me check one more place" until they finally gave up. We haven't had anything delivered ever since, despite having Prime for years. I would gladly pay $5 to know for sure it will be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter