Am I the only one who thinks Raglan Road is overrated?

I am so sorry to hear this! Raglan Road has been a favorite of ours for years. Hubby and I are both gluten intolerant (being cross contaminated will not send us to the hospital, but it will make us miserable and has the potential to ruin several days of our vacation).

We have never been glutened at RR, and our experience has been that the staff is very knowledgeable and careful, so it's really distressing to hear about your experience! I don't blame you for not wanting to ever go back.

Our experience was probably 12 years ago or so...no doubt the staff have turned over by now. Because of his allergies they had some "assistant manager" go back and forth between us and the kitchen - this was still a time that at most Disney owned places the chef would come out to talk to us directly. The icing on the cake was that he tried to tell me it was a big piece of oatmeal...so have your son keep on eating it. He finally came back to say a different chef had made the dish this time and added almonds to it. I think he was never originally asking the chefs anything. I thought he was being careful too until this happened. Feel free to share my story with them every time you go - it still makes me angry - haha! If you see some old lady mooning the place when she walks by it's probably me.:rotfl2:

I've known many people with celiac disease (the same son also has type 1 diabetes and celiac is more common in that population) so I know that being gluten'ed would be a miserable problem. After that experience we've generally stuck to the Disney operated restaurants - but never had a problem with T-Rex. Fortunately food allergies are WAY better handled by restaurants than they were 10-15 years ago for the most part!

I also got the fish and chips, and mine was very good. I upgraded to the parmesan garlic fries....they were amazing.
I got the pamersan garlic fries too - good flavor but my fries were a little under cooked and soggy. And the fish was just hard and dried out. I presume overcooked. We've always had excellent fish at Rose & Crown, and also at Universal. Must have just been the product of a busy evening, unfortunately for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter