Am I the only one who thinks Raglan Road is overrated?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
I've been wanting to try Raglan Road at Disney Springs for years, and finally had the opportunity last Saturday. We were staying off-site doing a Universal-only trip, but spent Saturday evening at Disney Springs. I had an 8:30 reservation.

We were sat around 8:45, and put in a dark corner of the restaurant near the exit door, with no visibility of the entertainment or dancers. Disappointing, but someone has to sit there and it wasn't worth us asking for a different table. I ordered the fish and chips and DH ordered the bangers and mash. For me, fish and chips is pretty hard to screw up but it was... gross? It was one long fish fry (not pieces like at Universal or Rose & Crown) and the batter was very hard, and fish was dry. It seemed overcooked. Fries were soggy and undercooked. The batter from the fish gave me indigestion later on as well. DH thought the bangers and mash was decent, but prefers at Rose & Crown. We also didn't care much for the bread service in the beginning, but that's just personal preference. We did have drinks at the Hole in the Wall bar around the corner which we enjoyed, but the poor bartender was the only one on and he was hustling.

I don't know... maybe my expectations were too high? Maybe it wasn't best to try them for the first time during such a busy evening? Anyone else kind of like "meh" over this restaurant too?

We had wanted to try Raglan Road since 2004, but could never work it into our schedule on a park day. I managed to snag a reservation for Sunday brunch on father's day this past June. We asked to be seated near the stage and they were able to accommodate our request and seat us right away. I had the Worth The Wait Beef sandwich and my wife selected the fish and chips, although we gave each other half of the other's. We really enjoyed both options. Is it the best Irish cuisine I've ever had? No but we did enjoy it, especially when you include the live band and dancing.

I can't really give an honest opinion of the the bread service. We enjoy Sanaa's bread service on three separate occasions before eating at Raglan Road so if if the bread service was good, it would have paled in comparison to Sanaa's.

Maybe they had an off day when you went or maybe we just lucked out when we went. If Ohana can swing from poor to fantastic, anything is possible. :)

I'd say you're not alone. It was a highlight dinner for us and we were so looking forward to it. Became a missed opportunity after opportunity for them to do the right thing and they kept failing. They delivered another tables food to us, then tried to give it to them... after I'd cut into it. Brought our meal out, and my wife's was way under cooked. Sent it back. I want to wait for my wife, they don't offer anything (like to remake mine). Brought hers out, but it was the wrong dish. Watched the manager chew out the employee in public - not cool at all. Manager came to apologize, sort of half baked. Wanted to charge us full price but he'd kick in a free desert. It was a complete cluster.

We loved it. I had the Risotto and it was great. My DW had the scallops and loved those too. Great atmosphere - just a fun night out.

We go every trip and love it. I usually order whatever pork dish they have or the braised be beef and they've always been great, plus the bread pudding is to die for. My only complaint is that I'm always so uncomfortably full when I leave.

We have usually liked the food there. The rib appetizer is good, the chicken is fine and the fries are always good. There used to be a great blue cheese entree salad which they didn’t have the last time, There is a decently priced wine selection. The bread is the irish soda bread for which you really need to have the dipping sauce which is like a balsamic. We always ask for more dipping sauce. But not really the food that draws us, it’s the entertainment. we always make a point of requesting the main room and have waited extra long to get it. It doesn’t make sense to us to go there and not see all the entertainment front and center.

I've always enjoyed my trips there, but I've found a lot of restaurants at Disney to be rather hit or miss lately.

Have dined at Raglan Road several times. A few times it was no better than meh, but most of the time it was good to excellent.

Who knows why it can be hit and miss, may simply be a function of who is leading the kitchen staff on a given night.

We go almost every trip. It's literally one of our very favorite restaurants. If you tell them when you check in that you want to sit near the entertainment, they'll sit you in there. Even with a group of 15 last time, it was only an extra 15 minute wait to sit right in the middle of the action. Everything I've ever eaten there is outstanding. I can see how every restaurant is hit or miss. We've just never had a miss there

We were sat around 8:45, and put in a dark corner of the restaurant near the exit door, with no visibility of the entertainment or dancers.
This set the tone for you.
Add in a bad meal and it’s understandable why you didn’t like it.

We‘ve never had the fish and chips but every other meal we’ve tried has been pretty good. We do go for the entertainment though, so we always tell them we are willing to wait for a table with a view.

We have found Raglan Road to be excellent for beer and entertainment. Food is hit or miss. We ask for a table to see the entertainment and promise to tip extremely well. Have never been disappointed

It was a one and done for us. Food was bad and, like you, we were seated at a corner table with a terrible view of the entertainment. That said, we do enjoy the outdoor area - the appetizers, drinks, and entertainment on the patio have always been great.

No, we didn’t enjoy it either. They were very late seating us even though we had an early reservation. Two of us had the fish and chips, and both were a greasy soggy mess. We could see the entertainment but were seated in the bar area where convention goers had decided to convene and party. A man asked my 18-year-old daughter to do a shot with him as she was walking back from the restroom. We told the manager when he came around and asked about the food, so we did get free dessert…

We like Ragland road because I have a severe gluten intolerance and they have an amazing gluten free batter. I get the scallop forest there and my hubby and son love the fish and chips. @nkereina if you decide to give it another try order the GF version instead. Our waiters have told us countless times we have gone there that the GF batter is better than the regular one. For us it’s a treat because finding a place that has a GF fried batter is very unusual.

I've only been once and to me it's a spot for entertainment, not necessarily food (but I'm really partial to the Irish Pub near me). We'll probably go again.

As much as we enjoy the music, Raglan Road is always a disappointment. The placed is so packed with tables, you feel like you're sitting with 200 of your 'best friends.' It's really loud (even when the music isn't playing & deafening when it is); you can't carry on a conversation or even think. The food is meh faux-Irish fare; it comes out almost as soon as you order it which means they have pre-prepared & pre-plated the popular dishes.
Have gone there a few times with friends that like it, but I think even they're done with it; maybe next time we'll try to have a drink at the bar and leave after a tune or two.

been going since it opened. you must have it in your head to ask for a table in the main room, just plan you might have to wait. not worth being stuck in a back room unless you dont want to be near the LOUD! you can always ask to sit on patio, you can easily see the band & the dancers do come outside. The bar also has good seating & views.
On the food, complain! its your money your meal . Never let a bad meal go by wihout discussing with manager.

Unless we are sitting on the patio, we preferred sitting away from the stage at this venue. Of course we normally went there for lunch so it was a different vibe than in the evening.

I found most of the starters to be heavy on the starch so we either shared or I’d just eat what I could as the man pigged out. Never had the fish and chips there but we are addicted to Yorkshire for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter