Am I the only one nuts?

Ok one moment I was elated, you might say I was on cloud 9, :cloud9: and the next moment I am back to square one. :sad2: DH and I had finally made our decision on where to stay. We decided to rent through a DVC owner at AKV. We found a renter who called me and said that she had made the reservations for us for June 2008. What a wonderful moment that was. I printed off pictures of AKV and showed DD and DS. Heard “Wow mama will we really see giraffe and zebra?”

Then when I got home there was an email from the owner saying she had some bad news and the reservation didn’t go through! Uggghhhhh,. She said that the computer was only allowing 7months out (but she did say that AKV was her home so she should be able to book 11 months out) so now I don’t know what’s going on. I just hope she calls or emails back that MS called and said it was their computer problem and of course you can have your reservation.

If this doesn’t go through I’m back to square one with trying to find :sail:someone who has AKV points at the right price and with payment options I like. Or maybe we will stay at the Coronado or the POP. Just when I thought it was time to look up all the fun Disney stuff, it’s back to hotel insanity!!!:scared1:

Okay now I'm trying again for AKV with a different owner. Last owner had a computer glitch with her points. Hope she pulls through for me so I can CELEBRATE (good times come on!).

Crossing my fingers, legs, arms and eyes on this one.

Okay now I'm trying again for AKV with a different owner. Last owner had a computer glitch with her points. Hope she pulls through for me so I can CELEBRATE (good times come on!).

I hope it works for you. Always wanted to stay at the AKL, maybe next time. ;) I can't quite figure out the points thing yet with the DVC. Though I do want to start looking into it. Thanks for the info. Good luck!

Hurray it worked!

All of my hard work has paid off!

We are going to AKV in June 2008

I don't know which I'm more excited about ~The Magic Kingdom or AKV

Yahoo!

You aren't alone... I've been like this since mid November 2006 for our trip that starts 9-21-07 .... Thank goodness for DISboards!

I hope it works for you. Always wanted to stay at the AKL, maybe next time. ;) I can't quite figure out the points thing yet with the DVC. Though I do want to start looking into it. Thanks for the info. Good luck!

Congratulations Angie. WooHoo. I know how you feel.

Thanks. I had read about renting on www.mousesaver.com and just kept looking into it and found that if I wanted to stay at a moderate or deluxe Disney Hotel it was a good buy. I made excel charts of every possible option that I could find. We decided to splurge a little. You do have to be somewhat trusting of others with renting but there are some percautions you can take. I ended up paying $11 a point. We are using 200 points for a 2 Bedroom Savannah View at AKV. It sleeps 9 and so far we are 3 adults and 2 children. We may add 3 more adult family members which would save us a little more even. This will definitely be our BIG Family Vacation. I'm trying to wean myself from the DIS site a little, but when I have spare time I love to get on here.

First TANYA90210- I took the quiz. I'm an Alice.
I couldn't figure out how to get the codepaste to work into my signature though. Any tips?

Everyone else. I knew I loved this site! And, I love this thread.
I too, am driving DH nuts. I didn't start planning until a few months ago (we go in November) but only b/c I didn't know we had the option until then.

We weren't planning on a vacation, but work is sending me to Orlando the same week that my daycare provider is on vacation, and DH would have to take his very limited time off to stay home with DS. So, we figured what-the-heck.

That was June, now its August, I'm more than a regular on the board, I can't stop thinking about Disney, I hit several other WDW related sites each day and I'm already starting to wonder when we can go back... BACK! We haven't even left yet!!! :rotfl2:

BTW - Is it November yet!?!?! :lmao: I'm so excited. And just as nuts as the rest of you. I mean that in the best possible way! :love:

PS - I'm also growing rather fond of these little smiley buddies that are so easy to paste in. :rolleyes1

Testing my first signature attempt. I don't think the Alice is coming out so well... :confused3

.... yup. Not so good. But, the quiz was fun!

I can't figure out the quiz either. I mean, I figured out how to take it but posting it, that was something completely different. Btw, I'm Mickey Mouse. So now, if I wasn't nutty before, forget about it. I'm ready to go down and live in Disney. Wouldn't that be cool? :woohoo: I like the smiley people too. I say Woo Hoo all the time, and I just saw that there is a Woo Hoo smiley dude. Trust me when I say, he will be in my posts all the time.

Angiepangie8, that is a great price. Does that come with tickets to the parks too? If I may ask.

Testing my first signature attempt. I don't think the Alice is coming out so well... :confused3

.... yup. Not so good. But, the quiz was fun!

She's there, but a little blurry. Maybe she had a few too many drinks?!?! At least you got yours posted. wtg!

I can't figure out the quiz either. I mean, I figured out how to take it but posting it, that was something completely different. Btw, I'm Mickey Mouse. So now, if I wasn't nutty before, forget about it. I'm ready to go down and live in Disney. Wouldn't that be cool? :woohoo: I like the smiley people too. I say Woo Hoo all the time, and I just saw that there is a Woo Hoo smiley dude. Trust me when I say, he will be in my posts all the time.

I think you might have to register on quizilla to copy the code. I tried just saving the picture and putting it on. But, one way the file was too big and the other way, it was unreadable. I just deleted it, I'll figure it out later.:confused:
I was Alice. And, it fits me too.
Anyway, I think I've just proved my craziness considering that I'm up late, I'm not feeling well, I finally have some downtime b/c DS is sleeping and DH is hanging with friends, and I kill 30 minutes trying to paste an Alice into my signature on a Disney board! :banana: I've truly gone bananas. :banana:

Maybe I should just use that guy for my signature.:laughing:

I don't know what I'm going to use when I don't have a trip scheduled. That's my signature right now, really. Oh, that's sad. :rotfl2: Well, maybe when I come back I'll have a picture, like everybody else who goes down there, to put at the bottom. Of course, that means I have to figure out how to do that. And the sad thing, I'm really good with computers. Just no patience when it's mine and I'm not getting paid to do it.

I like the dancing bananas also. They make me :).

She's there, but a little blurry. Maybe she had a few too many drinks?!?! At least you got yours posted. wtg!

We must have been posting at the same time. I just re-checked and saw this post. Yep, I'm thinking you are right about the problem. I suppose it goes to show One should never drink from tiny unlabeled bottles, even if they do say "Drink Me." (Except maybe on airplanes. On occasion, I've found those tiny bottles quite nice.) :rotfl2:

Anyway, she's gone now. Blurry Alice wasn't quite what I was going for in a sig.

BTW - Are you from NJ (guessing from the name). We're sort of neighbors. I'm in PA. If so, we'll be visiting your lovely state tomorrow.

I don't know what I'm going to use when I don't have a trip scheduled. That's my signature right now, really. Oh, that's sad. :rotfl2: Well, maybe when I come back I'll have a picture, like everybody else who goes down there, to put at the bottom. Of course, that means I have to figure out how to do that. And the sad thing, I'm really good with computers. Just no patience when it's mine and I'm not getting paid to do it.

I like the dancing bananas also. They make me :).

Posting the pic was no problem. I think the photo will be the easy part. Just went to Quick Links, Edit Signature. At the bottom, there is a browse button for adding images, just like in e-mail. Browse your computer, find your pic, click save.

I'm NOT particularly good with computers. If someone was paying me, I'd still be impatient and no good... but at least I'd have more $ to spend on my vacation! If this obsession keeps up, I'm going to have to get a second job to support my WDW habit. :lmao:

snip
Angiepangie8, that is a great price. Does that come with tickets to the parks too? If I may ask. snip

Sure I don't mind. This is how it broke down: Us My Mom
savanah at $11 a pt and 2.9% with paypal $1,131.90 $1,131.90
(My mom and our family of 4 are going 50/50)
This does not include tickets ~ Tickets are: $1,376.00 $312.00
This also does not include DDP ~ DDP is: $609.74 $227.94
Coming to a Grand Total of: $3,117.64 $1,671.84

(I hope you could make that out it didn't quite come out as I wrote it~ The first dollar amount is our half the second amount is my Mom's half.)

Now my Aunt and 2 of her teenage boys might be coming so then it would cut our cost and my mom's cost down by about $377.
I can't remember if I said that this is for 5 nights and 6 days at the parks. The room is costing us less than the tickets!

cartoon_324.gif

snip First TANYA90210- I took the quiz. I'm an Alice.
I couldn't figure out how to get the codepaste to work into my signature though. Any tips?
snip

I think you have to sign up on their site to get the img code.

You may already know this but if you go to www.photobucket.com and type in Alice in wonderland you will pull up several images. Then just click on the pict. and they give you the img code to cut and paste onto web threads.

here is one I just pulled off from there:
339okglvrw3it.gif
oops well it worked for a couple hours anyway. Guess you have to watch the size!
That's wierd though cuz when MSPlutoNJ cut and paste it ~ it did work. StrangeOkay wait never mind this was my Alice in Wonderland one no one actually cut and paste this. Hmm... also stange that sparkly Minnie worked but not plain ol Alice. ~Sorry to ramble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter