Am I the only one nuts?

MsPlutoNJ

Aca-awkward
I have been planning my trip since September of 2006, paying for it since January of 2007 and talking about it since February. And I don’t go until the end of November. My co-workers, friends, and family are pretty much ready to kill me. Happy for me, but ready to kill me. Everyday I go on the Disboards to read about Disney. I also check out my Google page just to check out my countdown. As if I don’t know how far away my trip is. (118 days, 19 hours and 30 minutes while I’m typing this :banana: ). I’m nuts, I know. I just can’t wait to go. :cheer2: But I was just wondering, AM I THE ONLY ONE LIKE THIS??? Are there any other people who are obsessing like I am?

I've been planning my October 2008 trip for awhile. I'm pretty much obsessed with it. Wife thinks I've lost my mind when it comes to WDW.

My family of four has been going to WDW every year for 10 years now. In 2000, we went three times. We love, love, love WDW! We just can't get enough of it.

I started planning our June, 2008 trip while driving home from our June, 2007 trip. Our drive is over 14 hours so we had plenty of time to talk about where we wanted to stay, what we wanted to do next time, where we wanted to eat, etc. etc. etc.

I have been calling Disney reservations every day to find out when the 2008 rates will be out. I finally became afraid that I wouldn't get the resort we wanted so I went ahead and booked a room only reservation knowing good and well I'm going to have to change it over to a package when the rates come out.

If somewhere during the day, I don't actually speak to someone about WDW, I am definitely thinking about WDW. I check the boards daily. I check the WDW website daily. I check out allearsnet daily.

Everybody knows we go every year so they always turn to me for WDW advise and guidance. I've even written my own guidebook to pass along to friends and family.

I always have people asking how can you go somewhere over and over and over again. I tell them that WDW is like Lay's potato chips except in this case "you can't go just once". I tell them that every time we go there is something new to see and do.

Our stays are always 10 days long and we still don't want to come home.

So.....in conclusion.....you aren't the only one! There are lots of others out there just like you.....including me!

Lisa

Um, HELLO! My husband thinks I am crazy. But I don't let anyone else really know how crazy I am! We aren't going till next April, but I don't have anything booked yet, I just bring it up about every day. I say every day, I want to go NOW!

I hear you loud and clear. You're not alone. :jumping1:

I can't tell you how many trips I have planned only to have them fall through due to someone needing medical care or something. :lmao:

Consider it a hobby. Some people eBay, some people IM... we DIS! :cool2:

I got the good news that we are going again in Oct. 2008 and I can't wait to get there... already looking for costumes etc.. I'm obsessed with Disney, it's my happy place...
and it will also be to celebrate my freedom from my ex... in a year from now, the divorce will be final and I'll be free of the family ha! ha! Youppi!!! and I'm turning 40 in Sept 08 also... so an other reason to celebrate!!!

So I am not alone. :love:

Justdoip -- Just imagine if your wife was as bad as you, you guys would be going multiple times a year and then you would be broke.

Jill2150 -- You're so good for keeping your craziness inside. I wish I could do that. Hey, April '08 is just around the corner.

Mikeystoontown -- I love the fact that you are planning your trip with your family. That is so sweet! My co-worker is just like you. Everybody goes to her for advice when they are going to WDW.

nextidiot -- I'm sorry that your plans keep falling through. I hope everybody is feeling better. My plans fell through as far as who was supposed to go with me, which is why I am going by myself.

chevynat -- Congrats on all the good things in 2008. I'm going to go for a long weekend in October of 2008 also. Never been there for Halloween.

I am so happy that I have found a place that understands me. Understands my absolute love of Walt Disney World and everything Disney!
My husband knew when he married me :love: that he got me AND Walt Disney World! We came as a package deal!! He totally understands my NEED to visit WDW at least 2x per year (if not more) and will listen to my constant WDW talk. He said to me yesterday,"I would love to vacation in Hawaii!" And my response was: "Honey?? There is NO WDW in Hawaii!!!" (Just an FYI:I would go to Hawaii if he really wanted to go.) But I am super glad that I have a place where there are others who share my love for the Mouse and everything Disney. :) (Plus I have gotten awesome tips from the folks here!! Really good information!)

MsPlutoNJ You are also going in October, cool!!! I was thinking around the week or the Oct. 4th - 11th would be nice... but not sure yet... I want to do the Halloween party for sure... it's my fav. time of the year!

I have been lurking for about 2 months but this is why I finally registered. I had to be with like minded people:goodvibes Although my dh is very excited he doesnt need to know every teeny little detail but his family who is meeting us there have never been and have no clue. I was trying to get every one together for one of the meals so I could make adr and my bil says cant we decide when we get there?:scared1: I really got tired of harrassing every one so just about all our ressies are for me, dh, and dss. My mil said how do I know what I will be doing in 3 months and I said well exactly that is why you make plans, so you know:sad2:

Last year my roommate thought i was INSANE.... and she called herself a disney fan..... I was on the disboards everyday, it was my therapy.... i am so lame :rotfl2:

you are ALL perfectly normal!!! it is the people who DON"T unerstand disney that are NUTZ! read hubby NEBO'S trip reports, you will see. disney is the most HEALTHY addiction there is!:banana:

I am a little crazy too-I have been planning and reading for a few months but we are coming from Australia and booked our tickets a couple of weeks ago and ever since I have been thinking of nothing else. We are going next April. I have actually had to stop talking to dh so much about it because I am driving him nuts.:rotfl: My theory is that the planning is a huge part of the fun!

Yvette

2005 was my first trip to Disney World and I obsessed for a year beforehand. I got really serious with the obsessing about three months before leaving. I have been obsessing over our next trip ever since we got back, and we aren't going until August 2008! Now that I'm truly only 12 months away the obsessing is reaching a frenzied point. :crazy:

I can only see it getting worse from here. You are in very good company :grouphug:

Last year my roommate thought i was INSANE.... and she called herself a disney fan..... I was on the disboards everyday, it was my therapy.... i am so lame :rotfl2:

You are so far from lame...you are just like me! Oh wait, I'm nuts, I forgot. You're going to WDW in six days. I'm so jealous.

MsPlutoNJ You are also going in October, cool!!! I was thinking around the week or the Oct. 4th - 11th would be nice... but not sure yet... I want to do the Halloween party for sure... it's my fav. time of the year!

I was trying to figure out when they were going to have the Halloween Party. But the dates are not out yet. Definately want to make a long weekend next year. :yay: It is my mission to see how Disney does every holiday, starting with this Christmas. :santa:

Christmas is fun in WDW. We went last Christmas...my 3rd trip, DH's 10th or so trip, and DS's first trip ever. DH picks on me all the time for my obsession with vacation planning. He sees me making lists of what to pack, making itineraries of what we'll do, obsessing over where to make dining reservations, and now that I've found this board checking it everyday. Now when I'm sitting here at the computer and say his name he'll say ok what did you read on the DIS board today :rotfl:

We were planning to skip this year and plan a longer vacation next March for a combination my birthday/our anniversary trip. But that fell through so I insisted we had to go this October to celebrate DS's birthday...he turns 2 a couple days before we leave for WDW. I had never been to WDW when I met DH 8 years ago. He was horrified to discover I'd never been and a month after we started dating he told me to get a week off at work because he was taking me to WDW in a couple months. I thought he was teasing. Not only did we go but we have a pretty awesome engagement story thanks to that trip.:hug: We went again for our honeymoon in 2001 and then didn't manage to make it back until last December after joining the DVC last spring. As much as I love WDW I didn't realize just how much I loved it and how amazing a place it was until I saw it through my son's eyes last December. We're definately raising another WDW addict and even at the age of not quite 2 he seems to understand that we're going back to see Mou Mou ::MickeyMo soon and almost every day he points to the front door and tells us "go see Mou Mou?" I'll be spending the next couple months telling him not today but soon. :yay:

Well if this is a club, I am joining. There is nothing better than planning the next trip to WDW. I just booked our 3rd trip for this year in December. Actually that will make 4 trips in just over a year, since we went last December. All I think about is Disney. It keeps my mind busy and off other problems in my life. Disney is very theraputic and all doctors should prescribe it to their patients.

My DH and my mom have decided it is easier to live life this way. They get just as much enjoyment out of it as I do. We don't have children, so we have Disney and furbabies.

I have decided that I will have to wait a year for my next long trip though.

Suzanne princess:

Shucks, we don't go until Nov. Is it too early to start packing? :rotfl: :rotfl:
Actually, I already have. :lmao: :lmao:
Can't wait 93 days and counting. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter