Am I missing something?

wishesandreams

Earning My Ears
Am I the only one that is upset with the new codes? This will be our 12th year coming to disney world for summer vacation. Every year the discounts get smaller and smaller. What happened to the good old days of summer magic? I only need resort discount codes not a package!! After this many years of coming to disney we don't do all of the parks. Have a family of 5 and to stay at a deluxe resort and passes it will be over 3,000. 00. Maybe there are alot of people out there willing to spend that kind of money on a 7 day vacation, but I'm not willing to anymore. The regular rooms in the deluxe resorts offer nothing special. This year I am going to stay at PBH at Universal. I was going to split my trip between Universal and WDW and thought that maybe I could get a better deal with codes until I realized that it is a package deal. I am very unhappy with the new codes. I guess if money is no object then if would seem like a great deal. I think that in the long run it isn't such a great deal. I am not the only who notices the changes at the WDW resorts am I? My very first visit 12 years ago was to Dixie Landings it was beautiful. Last year stayed there again what a difference. The staff nice but not overly friendly. The grounds nice but not as well maintained as before. Had stayed at deluxe hotels since 96 and even a difference in their service. I have to ask myself this question why do I keep coming back to this overpriced playground? I guess it is the 12 years worth of memories and the magic. I do believe that some of the magic has faded though. :confused: :confused:

I think that this is similar to going home to visit your childhood home. My memories of my hometown are much different than what it really is.

When I was a kid growing up this place was huge and there was so much to do. It surprises me how the blocks have gotten smaller, the stores have gotten smaller, there are no good places to eat, etc.

In reality it is all the same, just my memories have grown larger than what it really was.

Our first, second, third trip to WDW in my memories were as you describe - it was beautiful. this year what a difference. The staff nice but not overly friendly. The grounds nice but not as well maintained as before. In all honesty, those first few trips I was not looking as close either.

It is JMHO - but frequent return trips can cause some of the magic to fade because it is never the same as the first time.

First time visitors see the castle when the walk down Main Street USA, When you've seen it before you may look at the landscaping.
First time visitors see spacehip earth, when you've been there, done that, you may notice that the entrance to Epcot is different - not really worse, but not what is remembered either.

I admit somethings have changed, but WDW is a business, and the business climate (Economy) dictates what they need to do in order to stay profitable, and they must stay profitable or go under.

I'm rambling now, and my intentions are not to say your observations are wrong - JMO - that is all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter