All Star Pictures!

♥♥LittleSeaRose♥♥;37578848 said:
I have to say... the All Stars look fun! I was thinking of going deluxe... but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the brightness and lightheartedness of the values!

It's been a while since new photos were placed on this thread... :)

We :love: the values! They say "DISNEY" to us. It is just DH and I, so we don't need tons of space, and we see our resort as a place to sleep and shower. We were considering DVC, but I think I would miss the values too much. Next trip we are trying out CBR, since I have always wanted to stay there.

Good luck with whatever you decide! The important thing is that you will be at DISNEY!

We :love: the values! They say "DISNEY" to us. It is just DH and I, so we don't need tons of space, and we see our resort as a place to sleep and shower. We were considering DVC, but I think I would miss the values too much. Next trip we are trying out CBR, since I have always wanted to stay there.

Good luck with whatever you decide! The important thing is that you will be at DISNEY!

We have been thinking of the same, in a couple of years start up with the DVC. I know nothing of it, do you know of a link I can read up on?

We have always stayed at Asmo...it's home. Some of the reasons are because it's close for the refillable mug, great kids areas, and it's all Disney themed.
We have talked about CBR... but we just know we like ASmo and save a few dollars. BUT I've ALWAYS wanted to be along the monorail. So I have to compare DVC costs to Value resort costs and go from there and see if it is worth it to us.
I will see if I have any pics to contribute.

We have been thinking of the same, in a couple of years start up with the DVC. I know nothing of it, do you know of a link I can read up on?

We have always stayed at Asmo...it's home. Some of the reasons are because it's close for the refillable mug, great kids areas, and it's all Disney themed.
We have talked about CBR... but we just know we like ASmo and save a few dollars. BUT I've ALWAYS wanted to be along the monorail. So I have to compare DVC costs to Value resort costs and go from there and see if it is worth it to us.
I will see if I have any pics to contribute.

There is a DVC section here on the DIS, and that is full of great information and helpful people. Also, I would recommend doing the DVC tour the next time you visit Disney. They will explain EVERYTHING there is to know about it, including prices. We just don't think it is for us. If we already stayed at the deluxe resorts, we would join DVC, but we don't spend that kind of money on our accommodations.

I'm like you, I would really like to stay at one of the monorail resorts. I think next time I come across a 40% off code, I am going to book at the Poly. But I know that we will always end up back at the values...like you said...they are home! I'm always over-the-top happy to be on disney property no matter where we stay!!

There is a DVC section here on the DIS, and that is full of great information and helpful people. Also, I would recommend doing the DVC tour the next time you visit Disney. They will explain EVERYTHING there is to know about it, including prices. We just don't think it is for us. If we already stayed at the deluxe resorts, we would join DVC, but we don't spend that kind of money on our accommodations.

I'm like you, I would really like to stay at one of the monorail resorts. I think next time I come across a 40% off code, I am going to book at the Poly. But I know that we will always end up back at the values...like you said...they are home! I'm always over-the-top happy to be on disney property no matter where we stay!!

Id love to do the DVC tour, but there is no way dh would take the time while down there, and with 2 kids its pretty much pointless. lol I will start reading up on it.
Where we live up in Canada, we drive 7 hrs just to get a seat sale at $300 each (always hoping for less). So we could only go done once a year.

Id love to do the DVC tour, but there is no way dh would take the time while down there, and with 2 kids its pretty much pointless. lol I will start reading up on it.
Where we live up in Canada, we drive 7 hrs just to get a seat sale at $300 each (always hoping for less). So we could only go done once a year.

I understand not wanting to take the time away from the parks to do the tour. I'm sure if you read up on it and still thought you might be interested, you could call DVC and they could discuss pricing/financing and all the details over the phone, although before shelling out all that $$, I would want to talk about it in person with someone. The fun thing about the tour is that they have models set up, to show you what the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Bay Lake Tower rooms look like. (Since those are currently the two resorts you can "buy-in" to.)

They might have entertainment to keep your kids busy while the two of you talk to the DVC guide, but I don't know that for sure. (Although if they don't, they should! :idea:) It's just DH and I (no kids) so that is not an issue for us.

I cannot imagine having to drive those 7 hours like you have to! We drive to Disney and it takes around 13 hours for the whole trip!

I understand not wanting to take the time away from the parks to do the tour. I'm sure if you read up on it and still thought you might be interested, you could call DVC and they could discuss pricing/financing and all the details over the phone, although before shelling out all that $$, I would want to talk about it in person with someone. The fun thing about the tour is that they have models set up, to show you what the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Bay Lake Tower rooms look like. (Since those are currently the two resorts you can "buy-in" to.)

They might have entertainment to keep your kids busy while the two of you talk to the DVC guide, but I don't know that for sure. (Although if they don't, they should! :idea:) It's just DH and I (no kids) so that is not an issue for us.

I cannot imagine having to drive those 7 hours like you have to! We drive to Disney and it takes around 13 hours for the whole trip!

Yeah, it really does boil down to cost. SO I will have to check it out :) I like options, but ASmo is lovely. SHould be along the monorail, but that is the only thing missing in my opinion.:love:

All Star Movies in Dec-Intermission
The one meal we have here I always get the same thing (my FAV)
Chicken Breast Nuggets (8 pieces) $7.69
I got the tomato because there is a hamburger fixings mini bar in that same area, and I love tomatoes.
IMG_2284.jpg

DH got the much healthier
Turkey and Munster Cheese on Focaccia Bread - $8.09
He liked it all, "I'd get it again" so it must be good!
IMG_2285.jpg

Kid's Chicken Nuggets $4.99(adult's is far superior)
IMG_2286.jpg

For our adult meals (on DP) we were able to get an ice cream at the ice cream stand, they just added to the receipt and we could bring it over at any time. WIsh I would have gotten a picture of the ice cream. it was delish! Ate it out near the kiddie water area while the kids were running around (at night which the kids thought was fantastic)

Eating Ice Cream with the kids as they play in the water area. In the background you see windows, that is the laundry facilities. I've never tried it, my Mom did and said it wasn't the best.
IMG_2288.jpg

Herby Love Bug Section
IMG_1758-1.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

A little friend we found...
IMG_2293.jpg

the water pad in the Herbie Love Bug section
IMG_1833-1.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

On our way to the Mickey Pool
IMG_1836-1.jpg

IMG_1837-1.jpg

We couldn't understand why all the other soldiers had their legs, and this poor wounded soldier was without half his limb.
IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

Another little friend
IMG_1840.jpg

From the Magic Express coming in..
n683365187_5183273_1816.jpg

Arriving
n683365187_5183278_2693.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

Coming out the back door of the main hall..
n683365187_5183282_3575.jpg

That corner room was ours, awesome room in the Toy Story Section!
n683365187_5183283_3872.jpg

n683365187_5183284_4166.jpg

Our first disney meal while the little ones napped. Got me hooked on the adult chicken fingers
n683365187_5183635_7237.jpg

n683365187_5183637_7786.jpg

n683365187_5183641_8869.jpg

n683365187_5183644_9692.jpg

Refillable mug station...:cool1:
n683365187_5183646_266.jpg

Lastly, I don't know if I had posted these here or not...
ANd these weren't in our room, but I have them in my photobucket and thought someone may appreciate them (ours was almost exactly the same as the photos though)
asmv120.jpg

asmv122.jpg

asmv125.jpg

asmv126.jpg

I love the line that pulls out for hanging clothes in the shower. Comes in handy!

Great pics, Honeystar! Thanks for posting them.

I love the soldier missing the leg. I might not have even noticed such a thing. Maybe he was wounded in battle? :goodvibes

I know it would be a pain, but would the moderators consider separating the All-Star Resort information into separate threads like the other resorts have? :confused3 I'd like to stay at a value resort next time and I need to talk DH into it instead of staying CL Deluxe again. He's going to need visuals and he won't want to go through pictures of every All-Star resort.

It's not bad the way it is, just wondering if someone was willing do sort through it all and do it.:)

Anyone have any pics of the County Fair section of All Stars Music? Or any recent pictures of the Music resort? I'd love to see them as we are undecided on whether to choose All Stars Music or Pop for our 2011 stay.

We stopped by the All Star Movies resort in June to check it out. We have never stayed here. We usually pick the Pop Century. The resort looked like lost of fun! May have to try it in the future.

The Lobby
DSC01075.jpg

DSC01076.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter