AKV Construction ?

esulerzy

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been answered before but my search function is taking an afternoon break.....

When will the construction in the main lodge be complete? With all the "upgrades" going on I'm wondering how long the construction will last and specifically, if my scheduled trip in Dec/Jan will be affected. I have a savannah room booked for Dec 30th - Jan 4th. I own at SSR but really wanted to have my traveling companion stay at AKL (not using points for this trip).

TIA!

There is a "noise disclaimer" on our AKV reservation for the last week of January '08. IMO, I think the construction work will be winding down, but how much might be left to do is anyone's guess, even the DVD folks :confused3 .
With about 7 months until then, any prediction would only be a guess.:goodvibes

i am in the process of making day by day ressies for May and I got the noise advisory, but that might be for the new building

We are going to AKV in September and again in May.

When I made the May ressie, they informed me about construction noise, so it may be going for some time.

We made an AKV ressie for mid-March '08 and got the "noise advisory" from MS. I assume this was for the AKL construction, not the new construction next door.

Due to noise some Guests have been moved to other areas of AKL and even offered upgrades and rooms at other resorts. Last month when we were there they were working 7 days a week until 5:30 or 6:00. I was told that they want to finish Jambo ASAP.

Does anyone know the start and end times for the construction ? I'm assuming they do not work 24/7. I have a reservation for this December.

We have a ressie for Std studio Jambo 8-29 to 9-5-07. We did not get a construction noice warning. Can anyone tell me why and also what you think my chances are for getting our waitlist for sav view. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me why and also what you think my chances are for getting our waitlist for sav view.
Hi micki ~
Not sure why you didn't get one. You could call and ask specifically what their plans are for people in the construction zone ? But I read somewhere, it was mostly people with "water view" rooms that would have the most noise ? It was another thread. Not sure exactly. I would think the construction could be heard just about everywhere.

The chances of getting an upgrade are perhaps kind of slim due because of the free dining promotion going on that time period----but u never know. I know alot of people who booked the free dining in the value resorts have been upgraded to OKW and SSR....so there's hope yet. Good luck to you.

I do have a pool view reservation....but hoping it quiets down by early December.

I know what you mean. :confused: A friend and I will be there 12/9 - 12/15 in a standard view studio. I am now starting to get really paranoid about the construction. I always return to my resort midday to unwind, nap, relax, swim, whatever. I really don't want construction noise to upset that plan . . . BUT, I knew this before I booked, so I can't whine about it. :cutie: Just thought it wouldn't be that big a deal until what I started seeing on construction threads on the disboards. :scared1: I have us waitlisted for BWV, but I have no idea what my chances are. I'm seriously thinking about just rebooking with OKW. At least then I would have a regular bed for myself. It's just the OKW rooms don't look near as exciting as the new AKV rooms. I may try to get some feedback on this by posting a thread. :surfweb:

It's just the OKW rooms don't look near as exciting as the new AKV rooms. I may try to get some feedback on this by posting a thread.
I'm an OKW owner and despite the fact that I love that resort, I totally know what you mean. The VAK are new and exciting. Of course it's natural people would want to check it out. In fact, it's the whole reason I'm there ! There are several of us from work and one of my other co-workers is also staying in one of the new VAK studios (not sure the view). I'm out of points for this year since we're doing a cruise, but I wanted to stay in the hotel so we'd be relatively close to eachother.
Being December and all the construction, I was curious if the resort will still decorate for the holidays ? I was looking forward to this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter