AKV/BWV/BLT/SSR. Where to stay with a non-Disney lover?

DoryDorito

Mouseketeer
We are booked to stay for a week at Kidani in a 1 bedroom next January. Myself, DH and two kids (9,7). My husband won't be doing the parks except one or two days. I'm contemplating doing a 2 bedroom standard at BWV so that he could hang out at ESPN.

Of the above mentioned resorts, which is best for a person who doesn't want to do the parks? I was thinking SSR so he could walk around DTD, but he doesn't like shopping either. Sigh.

My first thought was also SSR. If he likes golf it is also a good resort to stay at. I supose it depends on what he is going to want to do while you are at parks. If walking around DTD would be a choice and going golfing and maybe renting a boat then SSR is a good choice. If he would rather learn about culture and see animals than AKL would be good. If he wants to sleep the day away and go out at night or watch sports than BWV may be better. If he want water sports, archery, horseback riding and such than BLT with its closeness to Fort Wilderness may be best (although if the outdoor sports and trail are more his thing than VWL may be the best.

I think your original thought of the proximity to ESPN club at BWV is a good one. Or he could even just ride the ferry boat around (if that sounds like fun to him), go to B&C and have some ice cream. I'd through OKW into the mix-DH could sit out on the balcony all day and watch the golfers (when he's not golfing himself, that is). At AKL, he could watch the animals. I'd suggest asking him which of those 3 he'd want to do (ESPN, watch golfers, watch animals), but if he's like my DH, he'd probably say, "I don't care-it's up to you." Grrrr!

Another vote for BWV. Lots to do in that area. The Boardwalk has a fun vibe and you can walk all around and people watch. Several resorts to visit as well. Walks around the lake.

My second thought on your list would be BLT. Since it's on the monorail, it's easy to get to those resorts and CR has the boat to WL and FW. Those are great resorts to visit as well.

Does he like computer games? My DH could have happily spent a few hours entertaining himself on the car racing simulators in DisneyQuest.

Or what about Epcot and the Animal Kingdom? As far as I am concerned you don't need to be a Disney lover at all to enjoy either of these parks. My DH isn't a Disney fan either, but he really enjoyed seeing all the animals in AK, or rides such as Kilimanjaro Safari and the plant boat ride (sorry name escapes me) in Epcot. I think one of his favourite things to do was sample beer around the world showcase.

Perhaps if you stayed at the BWV, your DH might enjoy wandering into Epcot each day?

BWV, BWV,BWV........... Even though he may not like parks... Epcot would be a fantastic walk around the countries. Is he into photography?

My first thought was also SSR. If he likes golf it is also a good resort to stay at. I supose it depends on what he is going to want to do while you are at parks. If walking around DTD would be a choice and going golfing and maybe renting a boat then SSR is a good choice. If he would rather learn about culture and see animals than AKL would be good. If he wants to sleep the day away and go out at night or watch sports than BWV may be better. If he want water sports, archery, horseback riding and such than BLT with its closeness to Fort Wilderness may be best (although if the outdoor sports and trail are more his thing than VWL may be the best.

He doesn't golf and isn't into the animals. He loves sports. :)

I think your original thought of the proximity to ESPN club at BWV is a good one. Or he could even just ride the ferry boat around (if that sounds like fun to him), go to B&C and have some ice cream. I'd through OKW into the mix-DH could sit out on the balcony all day and watch the golfers (when he's not golfing himself, that is). At AKL, he could watch the animals. I'd suggest asking him which of those 3 he'd want to do (ESPN, watch golfers, watch animals), but if he's like my DH, he'd probably say, "I don't care-it's up to you." Grrrr!

Yes, he doesn't care. He's just coming along for the time away. :)

Does he like computer games? My DH could have happily spent a few hours entertaining himself on the car racing simulators in DisneyQuest. Or what about Epcot and the Animal Kingdom? As far as I am concerned you don't need to be a Disney lover at all to enjoy either of these parks. My DH isn't a Disney fan either, but he really enjoyed seeing all the animals in AK, or rides such as Kilimanjaro Safari and the plant boat ride (sorry name escapes me) in Epcot. I think one of his favourite things to do was sample beer around the world showcase. Perhaps if you stayed at the BWV, your DH might enjoy wandering into Epcot each day?

EPCOT and Animal kingdom are the two parks he does enjoy. I don't think we'd care for OKW, I don't mean to offend people, it just hasn't interested me.

If he likes sports, then I also agree the BWV would be the best choice. He will have tons of places to go grab a bite, including the ESPN Zone, Big River Grill, plus all the places at the BC and the Swan & Dolphin too all within walking distance.

I like that area because if you're at a monorail resort, even though you can take the monorail to other resorts, that takes time. I love to walk (especially mornings around the lake at the Boardwalk) and it's just more convenient to get to other resorts.

The 3 stays we had at the AKL were fun, but it felt a bit isolated having to take a bus to go anywhere. The bus service was quick, but if I weren't going to the parks I'd rather be able to walk to different places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter