AKL wine, beer, booze, soda, and bottled water options in the hotel stores

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at Kidani and am debating between ordering the above mentioned to be delivered or buying it in the stores in the hotel? We will get DH's 20% CM discount off water/sodas. if ordering is the way to go, who do you order from? If buying in the store is the way to go, does anyone have a list of what they sell?

We'd most likely get 1-2 bottles of wine, a 12 pack of beer, a case of water, 6-12 pack of Coke, and maybe some rum.

:thanks:

Sodas, tea and water as well as sports drinks are all Coca-cola products: So water is Dasani, tea is Fuze and sports drinks are powerade. I think they also sell vitamin water. The larger variety of this would be at Jambo in the Mara qs.

It would be cheaper to order from somewhere like publix.

Limited selection and pricy. I paid about 8.00 a can for Blue Moon.

Ouch. I know it’s Disney but that’s pretty steep for a beer.

Sodas, tea and water as well as sports drinks are all Coca-cola products: So water is Dasani, tea is Fuze and sports drinks are powerade. I think they also sell vitamin water. The larger variety of this would be at Jambo in the Mara qs.

It would be cheaper to order from somewhere like publix.

We are a fan of Coke products so that’s good but maybe we’ll go the Publix route? If we are not there to get the order, what do they do?

We have always ordered from Garden Grocer

We used Garden Grocer years ago and I’ve heard they increased their prices. With needing so few things, I was hoping to go the easiest route but it also seems like it’ll be way expensive to get provisions from the resort store.

Thanks for the replies! :)

Ouch. I know it’s Disney but that’s pretty steep for a beer.

We are a fan of Coke products so that’s good but maybe we’ll go the Publix route? If we are not there to get the order, what do they do?

Thanks for the replies! :)

With Publix you have to be there to show ID/Sign if there is delivery of alcohol in your order.

You might want to look into Dizzy Dolphin or possibly Amazon Fresh. Otherwise, you might just want to wait until you are there and take a Lyft/Uber to the closest Publix for food/alcohol and then back to Kidani.

Good luck! Kidani is our home resort. :)

Amazon Prime Now is another option if you're already a member of Amazon Prime. Prime Now delivers beer and wine as well as soda. I like them because I drink a lot of caffeine free Diet Coke, and you can't find caffeine free Coke products any where on property.

With Publix you have to be there to show ID/Sign if there is delivery of alcohol in your order.

You might want to look into Dizzy Dolphin or possibly Amazon Fresh. Otherwise, you might just want to wait until you are there and take a Lyft/Uber to the closest Publix for food/alcohol and then back to Kidani.

Good luck! Kidani is our home resort. :)

Thanks! Kidani is gorgeous; really looking forward to our stay. Lyft might not be a terrible idea....

There will be alcohol in the order and my concern is waiting around for it. Also we land at 6:30 am; if our groceries arrived at say 9 am, could we leave them with bell services? Years ago Garden grocer delivered them to bell services without us having to be there.

You can order from Publix using Instacart.

:earsboy: Bill

I will check it out! :thanks:

Amazon Prime Now is another option if you're already a member of Amazon Prime. Prime Now delivers beer and wine as well as soda. I like them because I drink a lot of caffeine free Diet Coke, and you can't find caffeine free Coke products any where on property.

We are Amazon Prime members. I didn't realize they delivered groceries. Do you have to be there to sign? Do they give you a window to deliver? My concern is we have California Grill reservations at 10:10 for brunch and then are planning to go to AK after.

Thanks! Kidani is gorgeous; really looking forward to our stay. Lyft might not be a terrible idea....

There will be alcohol in the order and my concern is waiting around for it. Also we land at 6:30 am; if our groceries arrived at say 9 am, could we leave them with bell services? Years ago Garden grocer delivered them to bell services without us having to be there.
I'm fairly sure that bell services will take your order and keep it for you (refrigerated if necessary). IDK about Amazon others that were mentioned by other posters, but Dizzy Dolphin does because if you are going on a holiday they will deliver the day before and leave it with hotel bell services since they do not deliver on holidays.

Good luck and enjoy beautiful Kidani!

Walmart grocery is now doing free delivery. I haven't used it but others have.

Oh wow, okay! I'll check it out.

I'm fairly sure that bell services will take your order and keep it for you (refrigerated if necessary). IDK about Amazon others that were mentioned by other posters, but Dizzy Dolphin does because if you are going on a holiday they will deliver the day before and leave it with hotel bell services since they do not deliver on holidays.

Good luck and enjoy beautiful Kidani!

Thank you, we will! I am also going to check out Dizzy Dolphin; I would love to not have to be there when our order arrives. We aren't planning on perishables or things that need to stay cold. That might work out.

We are Amazon Prime members. I didn't realize they delivered groceries. Do you have to be there to sign? Do they give you a window to deliver? My concern is we have California Grill reservations at 10:10 for brunch and then are planning to go to AK after.
Prime Now lets you select from available 2-hour windows for delivery. You can place your order the day before or day of delivery. Once you select the day it will show you the remaining 2-hour windows to choose from (ranging between 8 AM and 10 PM).

I've never had to sign for delivery, but I've never had alcohol delivered so I can't answer that specific question.

Last edited:
Prime Now lets you select from available 2-hour windows for delivery. You can place your order the day before or day of delivery. Once you select the day it will show you the remaining 2-hour windows to choose from (ranging between 8 AM and 10 PM).

I've never had to sign for delivery, but I've never had alcohol delivered so I can't answer that specific question.

Thank you. I will mess around with it now. Bell services will hold an order overnight? Thats awesome!

Last edited:
Thank you. I will mess around with it now. Bell services will hold an order overnight? Thats awesome!
I hope the bolded part wasn't in reference to my post, you might want to check with the hotel first to confirm they will hold your order over night. I was talking about when you can place the order with Amazon (the day before delivery or the day of delivery).

I have heard wine selection is good and prices are decent at AKL. Not seen with my own eyes but that was the rumor i heard.

I hope the bolded part wasn't in reference to my post, you might want to check with the hotel first to confirm they will hold your order over night. I was talking about when you can place the order with Amazon (the day before delivery or the day of delivery).

Oh yes, thank you for clarifying. :)

I have heard wine selection is good and prices are decent at AKL. Not seen with my own eyes but that was the rumor i heard.

Thats what I vaguely remember but its been 6 years. I was hoping to find something with current prices and selections but haven't had any luck.

Instacart will deliver from local grocery and liquor stores. You have to be present to sign for alcohol. You also pick your delivery time.

Instacart will deliver from local grocery and liquor stores. You have to be present to sign for alcohol. You also pick your delivery time.

Thank you!

We have decided to bag ordering for delivery. I checked the resort store prices through the DVC site and they are not horrible. DH gets a 20% off everything but beer/wine/booze. My friend told me the resort store sells some good African wines. Thanks for all the feedback.

There is a very nice bar at AKV in the level between the lobby floor and the Boma floor. Victoria Fall Lounge. They have a very good African beer selection and some great African wines. We enjoy it very much and always nice to try new things when on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter