AK Element Swap Progress Thread--ALL HERE! GOING BACK TO YOU MARCH 3rd!

StitchIsOurHero

<font color=red>I was smart enough to marry a DH w
Animal Kingdom Swap Progress Thread

WE'RE ALL HERE!! Sorting Friday (March 2nd) and they'll go in the mail Saturday, March 3rd!

Thank you all for signing up for this swap! :dance3: Here is our progress thread. I know it’s about 7 weeks until our due date, but this will give us a chance to monitor our send/received stuff.

Please remember, our due date is February 28th. That is the day I need to receive your package. Please mail by February 21st. All packages will be mailed back to you on or before March 5th--they will definitely be going home to you by then, so we can go to WDW!

Here is the link to the original sign-up thread, in case you need to see what elements/topics you signed up for:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1311717

I have marked below whose address/info I have. If I don’t have you marked, please pm me with your name, mailing address, email address and phone number. Also, if you haven't told me what elements you wanted, will you let me know as soon as you know? That way, other people could use that to maybe determine what they want to make. :)

I have your address
You have sent your elements to me
I have received them :cheer2:
:simba: Checked in between 2/6 and 2/14

KAMommy (1,A) :cheer2:
NewEngland Eeyore (1) :cheer2:
Rlovew: (1,A) :cheer2:
Ddavis860: (1,B) :cheer2:
AlexWyattMommy: (2,B) :cheer2:
MichellePooh: (2,B) :cheer2:
DisneylandEmily: (2,B) :cheer2:
Hopemax: (2,B) :cheer2:
YodasMom: (2) :cheer2:
PrincessNancy96: (A) :cheer2:
Bernard&MissBianca: (A) :cheer2:
StitchIsOurHero: (1,A) :cheer2:

If you would, please, check in each week or 2 weeks to let me know you’re still in it. Please definitely check in the week of February 7th. That is our 2-week from mailing date mark. If I do not hear from you that week, I will send a pm/email. If I don’t hear from you then, I have to angel the spot.

I know this is going to be an awesome swap! Thanks for participating!! :dance3:

HI! :yay:

I actually bought paper and embellishments last night. And I even know what I am going to do. I am usually not this on the ball and blame it entirely on the bout of insomnia I had last night! ;)

I bought some paper and I am beginning to play with ideas. I really want to do some kind of a layered mountain to go with Everest and i feel like I will need to play with that for awhile before i may be happy. I did get paper and embellishments for Discovery Island in my trip into town yesterday.

Y'all are on the ball!! I'm hoping to get my swaps started Saturday! :cool1:

I've already had the paper. I'm just waiting for my sizzlet zoo dies to get here. Hope to have them by the end of the week.

I finished my prototype of my Tree of Life paper piecing. It came out better than I expected!

New tool: I normally do the PP by hand (lots of tracing). This one I decided to scan the pattern, then I opened it up in Paint Shop Pro. I duplicated the image, so I had one layer per color. Erased the parts that I didn't need on each layer. Printed each layer on the color cardstock (no need to do definition lines, because the computer/printer did them), cut everything out and assembled.

It's so exciting to be working on swap stuff again!

It sounds like everyone is moving along! I have to get my stuff tomorrow so I can get started. Hope, I can't wait to see your Tree of Life paper piecing!!

AWM--have your zoo sizzlits arrived? I bet those are awesome!

I just got them this morning. I can't wait to play with them. I finished my Valentines day swap (21 pressed tags later). I wonder how long those sizzix plates last for? So as soon as I finish the Pet Swap, this is next!!

I just got them this morning. I can't wait to play with them. I finished my Valentines day swap (21 pressed tags later). I wonder how long those sizzix plates last for? So as soon as I finish the Pet Swap, this is next!!

Do not put adhesive on them and then cut them out! I did that and ruined 3 letters. I wonder if I can buy replacements????

I've seen people selling single letters on ebay. I thought, who in the world would only want one letter? Now I know.

How long do the acrylic cutting pads last for? I guess it is a bad thing when they make a cracking sound?

I've seen people selling single letters on ebay. I thought, who in the world would only want one letter? Now I know.

How long do the acrylic cutting pads last for? I guess it is a bad thing when they make a cracking sound?

no mine make a cracking sound and are fine. I replace mine when you start getting impressions on the new paper from other letters that you previously cut out. I also cut on 1 side only, when it got bad I flipped it.

I have actually gotten everything I need for my Discovery Island stuff. I am still working on what I am doing for Everest.

Rebecca

hopemax, I am impressed! Wow! I have things planned but I want to finish my family album before I start swapping. One mess at a time, you know! :thumbsup2

hopemax--I'm impressed! Way to go!!

I haven't started on this one yet. Must do the Epcot one and the pet one first, but I do have all of my ideas down!

I'm so excited about this swap!! :dance3:

Unlike Mickster, I've been thinking about the Epcot swap for so long, that I'm now scared to work on it! What if it doesn't turn out like in my head? So in a classic case of avoidance, I did the AK group, less pressure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter