Airport Security question...

I suppose you could just call and ask. I think it just depends on what it looks like when it goes through the scanner. They can tell if something is a liquid through the Xray. If you have something that they detect as liquid they'll make you get rid of it (or you can put it in your 1 sandwich size baggy if you don't already have one for other stuff). But if you're concerned I would just call and ask whichever airport you're flying through. I was suprised Burbank seemed stricter then JFK.

wow, can't believe they didn't allow a pbj, that stinks. we flew from providence to mco and back 2 weeks ago and had no problem with pbjs.

I find that the smaller the airport, the more strict the security screening.

Flew out of a small commuter airport two years ago, took forever to go thru security. Looking thru every bag checked in or carry on, shoes off thru gate. Herded into small waiting area. We all sat and waited, waited and waited .. finally they told us the plane had a problem, all had to leave the screened area.. wait an hour for next plane and do it all over again- ARGH!

Fly out of MSP... walk thru, quick x ray of bags and we are off again! However, my DH gets selected for more screening 50% of the time (thanks to racial profiling.. Latino). :sad2:
I remember our first trip we had a ton of quarters and pennies in baggies in carry on bag.. big mistake. They had to hand check the bag due to too much metal (pre 9/11).

You guys are making me nervous. We are adopting a baby, and currently, I am in another state, waiting for the paperwork to clear. We hope to fly home next weekend, just the baby and me. What am I supposed to feed this guy, if I can't bring liquids?

Most likely they will not hassle you with baby formula..

my DD2 has a metabolic disorder and has to eat every 4 hours so I took juice on the plane with her medic alert card and they did not give me any problems. I wouldn't worry about baby formula. especailly if it is in the original can with a bottle of water or 2 they can't give you a hard time.. That is just cruel...

You can review the guidelines on the TSA site (don't have enough posts to put URL in the right way :)) for what is allowed and how to pack it. Formula is on the exception list but they may limit the amount so you probably should check. It might be better to bring powdered formula and buy water on the other side of the x-ray.

Basically you can bring things in original containers that are less than 3 oz and comfortably fit in a quart size (only) ziplock. You take them out and they are inspected separately. This only applies to toiletries you are actually carrying on into the passenger area. You can take what you want in checked baggage.

Good luck and congratulations on your new baby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter