• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Highschool .
A few thoughts.......................
You will survive this but you will have to put in a BIG effort and more importantly you son will learn that he has to be the one putting in the most effort to succeed.

Just noting that a grade 4 ,,, almost 5 year old I.E.P. should/could need to be updated.
The wait lists for I.E.P. evaluations are extremely long right now. ( Covid didn't help).

If private funds or a medical plan are available I would get a Family Dr. reference to a private clinic where a new age/grade appropriate I.E.P. could be done.

Also review the current one and review it with his highschool counselor.
What makes sense now and what doesn't?

Ask them (school) ..... Is there anything you can suggest for a better next semester?
Be prepared to listen and act.
Voice one suggestion that you know would help him succeed at school next semester.
Make contact with counsellor every week.

What can I do as a parent to support the school and my son.?
Ask if there are any specialized programs at his highschool like Metal work, Animal Care, Horticulture, Flexography , Auto detailing ,, wood working,, Auto shop , Hospitality etc that the school offers for credit. Maybe talk about some trades that High schools offer.

Start talking about his 40hrs with him
hhttps://www.ontario.ca/page/high-school-graduation-
https://www.ontario.ca/page/high-school-graduation-requirements#:~:text=Students are required to complete,time for their graduating year.

A private clinic should also be able to provide you with suggestion as to where to go for treatment for O.D.D.
Parent training is critical for ODD.
Parents often forget themselves and need reminders that they have a value and position within the family dynamics.
Be prepared because even the private clinics have wait lists.
A friend of mine recommends this site for general info
https://www.additudemag.com/category/parenting-adhd-kids/

Highschool guidance counsellors are going to be your best bet to help him (not you) set some SMART goals
and understand the new environment that is now highschool and not elementary.
Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.

You will get there Hon,,
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

I went in the Shell app to recheck the dates on the 40x points, but it's not there any more. Anyone else? The 20x in store is still there. I wasn't sure if I can get gas tomorrow or need to wait for the weekend.

I went in the Shell app to recheck the dates on the 40x points, but it's not there any more. Anyone else? The 20x in store is still there. I wasn't sure if I can get gas tomorrow or need to wait for the weekend.
Mine is missing as well and I have the screen print to prove that I had it.

Mine is missing too!
I have no gas one at all.
Hugs Mel

Edited to add my original 20X instore offer is gone with this one replacing it
20X seems is for new shell-Go member,,, but there is a 10X one????

shelloffer12.jpg

shelloffer11.jpg

Last edited:
I love carousel of dreams, even if i just 5 AM per suitcase, it all adds up! I am not getting many airmiles other ways right now. My 300 for Metro finally posted, just waiting on the big 1000 from December. I need those for my Universal AP. Hopefully they come sooner than later, before the cost of it goes up again or something.

I did the receipts offer yesterday on DH account. I couldn't pass up 20 bonus points when the yogurt was such a good deal. At FreshCo $1.99 when I used my scene card got 10AM + 20AM Bonus. They basically paid me to purchase the yogurt.

Of course there was no match. Filed an inquiry, it posted this morning. That was quick, worth the time and effort involved.

The shell offer for fuel disappeared for me as well and the 20X instore popped up. Of course we will need to fill Frederick up because we are FINALLY going to see Arthur, at least I got the fill-up monthly offer for the first time in over a year.

I sent a request to the Personal Shopper team for After Hours Magic Kingdom event on Leap Day and we're 259 miles shy! Gas this weekend will give 50 miles, we're planning on doing several $30 giftcards from Dollarama to get some quick miles, making a few online orders (trying desperately to put together one order for $100 to get those miles) I don't want the quote to expire and then be higher in 2 weeks. I looked into the cost to buy miles and it's 0.30/mile with a minimum of 100 at a time so that's an option I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter