• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I said I wouldn't do those Receipt Offers unless they had additional points.
Is 20 extra Airmiles a big enough incentive?????
I am thinking on it. lol

Hugs Mel
Yes! Thanks to you posting this I checked the items on offer. I had picked up 3 yogurt at Fresh Co on Thursday. It will be worth 50AM (3x10+20). Even if I have to submit and inquiry, they do post eventually.

I submitted and it now requires further investigation. At least that's not a "no" at this point.

Checking in to see if I'm missing anything... Are WDW hotels bookable on the Air Miles hotels page anymore?

I ended up getting gas twice in the last 3 days. Once again what I had planned to do …I forgot to do. Was going to do the Vpower and my usual 30L….paying with my Amex for 5x the Aeroplan points. Ya, no! I’m so conditioned to get my 30L of basic gas and paying with the MC. I think I had pumped maybe 2L when I realized my mistake…AND I DID IT TWICE! I likely could have squeezed in 40L but didn't think of that either. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I ended up getting gas twice in the last 3 days. Once again what I had planned to do …I forgot to do. Was going to do the Vpower and my usual 30L….paying with my Amex for 5x the Aeroplan points. Ya, no! I’m so conditioned to get my 30L of basic gas and paying with the MC. I think I had pumped maybe 2L when I realized my mistake…AND I DID IT TWICE! I likely could have squeezed in 40L but didn't think of that either. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Happens to the best of us!!!

Just curious, what Amex gives 5x points?

Checking in to see if I'm missing anything... Are WDW hotels bookable on the Air Miles hotels page anymore?
Hi Hon
Yeah they are bookable but definitely hard to find.
I do not like Red Tag's system at all.
I am having a hard time locating my Universal hotels also.
This weather (cold) has me talking of jumping on an airplane and heading down south for a few days. lol
Hugs Mel

Hi Hon
Yeah they are bookable but definitely hard to find.
I do not like Red Tag's system at all.
I am having a hard time locating my Universal hotels also.
This weather (cold) has me talking of jumping on an airplane and heading down south for a few days. lol
Hugs Mel

For Universal, there are two ways to help. First is to choose Orlando - Universal Resorts as the location. And the second is once that list comes up, search for "Universal's" as the name of the hotel. It then gives only those hotels on site that have availability (which sadly is not all of them).

1705273790675.png

1705273822560.png

I have not searched for Disney hotels but I believe that Orlando - Disney is also an option. Might help narrow it down? and using "Disney's" as the Accommodation Name might help as well. But they may simply not be available. I found for my dates there was more on Universal's site itself than anywhere else.

Good morning all!

I’ve been looking at booking an all inclusive for end of Feb or first of March. Is there something I’m missing or what is the deal with Air Miles? A couple of the resorts I’m looking at are selling through AM for at least $1000pp more than anywhere else…one of them is $1700 more. I would really like to be able to book through AM and redeem some miles but I’m certainly not paying thousands more.

Good morning all!

I’ve been looking at booking an all inclusive for end of Feb or first of March. Is there something I’m missing or what is the deal with Air Miles? A couple of the resorts I’m looking at are selling through AM for at least $1000pp more than anywhere else…one of them is $1700 more. I would really like to be able to book through AM and redeem some miles but I’m certainly not paying thousands more.
I found that as well. I thought maybe I was just not looking properly. They certainly are a lot more expensive from what I see. We booked one of the dreams resort in the Dominican Republic for the end of February. Did that directly through air transit.

I'm glad Shell is doing the 40X offer again, I might be able to get gas this time! And the instore for 20X but I don't need anything from in store, we'll see I guess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter