Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well, the drama with the personal shopper system continues.
I inquired about next steps and was told they are on the way. A couple hours later I got an email saying here are the tickets, the ticket seller information is below. It was a forward of the email from disney with the tickets and a single ticket confirmation number for all 7. Sure enough, entered this confirmation to find the tickets are already linked to a different account.
So I have replied asking if they have been linked to the shoppers account and if so they will need to friend me and transfer.
Sigh

Well, the drama with the personal shopper system continues.
I inquired about next steps and was told they are on the way. A couple hours later I got an email saying here are the tickets, the ticket seller information is below. It was a forward of the email from disney with the tickets and a single ticket confirmation number for all 7. Sure enough, entered this confirmation to find the tickets are already linked to a different account.
So I have replied asking if they have been linked to the shoppers account and if so they will need to friend me and transfer.
Sigh
Yup, that's exactly what happened to me and my annual pass. It did involve extra steps and lots of email back and forth but it did work eventually. That's when they needed detailed info about who the tickets were going to be assigned to. Just take a deep breath and know that it will work out, AND the tickets were free!

Yup, it's all still in progress. Many back and forth emails but now I am linked with Personal Shopper as a friend and they have reassigned me one of the 7 tickets purchased.
I emailed to let her know I need her to reassign all the others to me as well. But now not even sure the system will allow that. Sigh

All done!
The shopper insisted I had to call Disney which I had little faith in. However I did and the agent was able to get all the tickets loaded perfectly.
I called the toll free number for the DVC line and got transferred to tickets which also worked really smoothly.

Can I get excited for the trip now? LOL.

Thanks many times over to the folks here on this thread and elsewhere in the Canada forum. I never would have gotten all the airmiles needed for 7 after hours tickets without you guys. What a great little piece of the internet this is!!!
💋💋💋💋💋

@KandyM I'm so happy to hear that everything got straightened out and your gang is ready to party! Just in the process of figuring out if we've got enough miles to get tickets for the magic after hours on leap day! Just need to do the math before I send in the request

Hmmmmm.... angry-growling.gif
Called Airmiles this morning.
After waiting quite awhile they said I could request a call back.
So I did.
2 hrs later I get a automated call back saying no one available to take my call but I could reschedule a call back for the next week.
Uh nope.
So much for Onyx priority service.

Mel

Last edited:
I submitted a request to see how many AM for a Universal Season Pass, the basic one. My plans all changed lol. They finally offered AP discounts for my dates. So I booked a premiere for one night (the discount is good but not That good the rest of the days at the premiere resorts). And then Aventura Deluxe room for 4 nights, with the AP discount that was still less than the regular room at rack rates. Now I need an AP. I believe I can "trade" in my tickets or upgrade them so worst case I will buy the "best" AM ticket I can get and pay the difference, if I don't have enough AM for one AP. and I'll pay for one other ticket for kiddo, preferring the UK 7 day ticket so we can go all the days. We don't both need the AP's, unless we have so much fun he wants to go back I guess? Either way, at least some of my AM will get used I suppose. I'm just trying to save some money and use those AM.

I submitted a request to see how many AM for a Universal Season Pass, the basic one. My plans all changed lol. They finally offered AP discounts for my dates. So I booked a premiere for one night (the discount is good but not That good the rest of the days at the premiere resorts). And then Aventura Deluxe room for 4 nights, with the AP discount that was still less than the regular room at rack rates. Now I need an AP. I believe I can "trade" in my tickets or upgrade them so worst case I will buy the "best" AM ticket I can get and pay the difference, if I don't have enough AM for one AP. and I'll pay for one other ticket for kiddo, preferring the UK 7 day ticket so we can go all the days. We don't both need the AP's, unless we have so much fun he wants to go back I guess? Either way, at least some of my AM will get used I suppose. I'm just trying to save some money and use those AM.
I've upgraded my AM Universal tix many times for an AP. I don't think you will regret having two days of unlimited express.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm.... View attachment 824753
Called Airmiles this morning.
After waiting quite awhile they said I could request a call back.
So I did.
2 hrs later I get a automated call back saying no one available to take my call but I could reschedule a call back for the next week.
Uh nope.
So much for Onyx priority service.

Mel
Have you tried the chat function? I have always great service with that.

Did an early morning grocery run while DS was at the dentist. Metro has Dempsters bread on for $2.00 with the in app offer. I loaded it to DH account did my shop and nothing. Cashier went to check to see what varieties... I tried to call the offer up on my phone again and it said I had 0 offers. They were all gone when they had been there not 10 minutes earlier. I handed her back the bread and paid for the other items I had and left.

Got home and I can't get the app to load any offers on any one of the accounts I watch over. Very frustrating. What should have been an efficient morning wasn't.

10:25 working now. But now I'm cozy at home. I'll go tomorrow.

Last edited:
I sent DH to get gas at Shell because apparently I have not yet learned my lesson. We get regular gas so I told him to make sure he squeezed in 40 Lts. He came back with 39.032 lts and an response of 'if I knew you wanted 40 Lts I would have done it, it would have fit but I didn't know'. I think I need to pin a note to his coat every time he goes on an errand. The man makes me laugh so there's that!

I sent DH to get gas at Shell because apparently I have not yet learned my lesson. We get regular gas so I told him to make sure he squeezed in 40 Lts. He came back with 39.032 lts and an response of 'if I knew you wanted 40 Lts I would have done it, it would have fit but I didn't know'. I think I need to pin a note to his coat every time he goes on an errand. The man makes me laugh so there's that!
between your husband and my wife we would have no points in any program

Come on AM, give me some good deals! I got my quote and need everything I'm owed to post, and another 500 or so AM. Sigh. My Metro offers this week are a bit sad. Hopefully there will be some good offers soon :( Shell has one not too bad I think? But I don't need gas so doesn't really help

Come on AM, give me some good deals! I got my quote and need everything I'm owed to post, and another 500 or so AM. Sigh. My Metro offers this week are a bit sad. Hopefully there will be some good offers soon :( Shell has one not too bad I think? But I don't need gas so doesn't really help
I just received a Metro offer in my email. Spend $20 get 50. Maybe one will come through for you as well. Fingers crossed. 🤞

I just received a Metro offer in my email. Spend $20 get 50. Maybe one will come through for you as well. Fingers crossed. 🤞
I just had a spend $20 get 50 offer which I used yesterday and today I got a spend $20 get 75 miles. Guess they want me back shopping at Metro. I basically only shop there when I get these offers as it isn't close by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter