Airmiles Armchair Chatter

It's that time of year to print out a copy of your Airmiles activity if you like to keep records.
I find it interesting to see what I've accomplished over the past year and compare to previous years. I definitely saw an increase in my earning since BMO took over the program!
If you're on a windows device here's how to do that (if you're on an apple device, you have my deepest sympathies :P just kidding but I have NO idea!)
Click on the "See all transactions" button
Click on the little arrow to the right of the "View Statements for" (the default setting is to show the last 31 days) to show "Since January 1, 2023"
1703880288731.png
and let the page think for a bit (mine took almost a full minute to display)
You can then be amazed (or dismayed) at what's happened.
1703880350603.png
If you've redeemed miles for something and then had a refund to your account for whatever reason (cancelled a trip or returned a product or returned an online purchase) there might be some math involved to see what actually happened but this gives you a general idea.

To get a print out, simply use whatever method you normally do for printing a screen- you might have a keyboard shortcut, if you're using Chrome click on the 3 dots at the top right on the screen and scroll down to Print and select "save as PDF" (unless you want to print out gazillion pages - mine would be 34 pages !)

My total for this year:

Since January 1, 2023 Summary - All transactions​

Miles collected:
+25,291

Sons account:

Since January 1, 2023 Summary - All transactions
Miles collected:
+5,949
He used a few to buy Christmas presents (e-vouchers)).

Not bad considering most of these are when BMO took over .

Last edited:

Thanks so much for the reminder to check my year to date collected. I just looked and I'm at 3980! Am I right in thinking that if I buy a $50 Walmart gift card at Shell by Sunday I should make it to Onyx for next year? (I completed the 4 shop the block offers for 1000 miles that I'm waiting to post).

Thanks so much for the reminder to check my year to date collected. I just looked and I'm at 3980! Am I right in thinking that if I buy a $50 Walmart gift card at Shell by Sunday I should make it to Onyx for next year? (I completed the 4 shop the block offers for 1000 miles that I'm waiting to post).
That sound right to me Rella's fan
3980 current Airmiles
20 Shell 50$ Walmart Gift card bought Dec 30th
1000 Shop the Block Airmiles
=========
5,000 Airmiles
That offer ends Sunday Dec 31 and can take up to two weeks to post to your account.
Sometimes Shell posts right away for me for Gift cards and sometimes not.

Hugs Mel
rella1.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with a refund on their AirMiles AMEX card after the switch to non-AirMiles? Do they still reverse the AirMiles, since the card is no longer an AirMiles card? I cancelled our WDW and UO resort reservation a few days ago, and now there is a huge credit on my account. Would be nice if they forgot to reverse the AirMiles lol.

That sound right to me Rella's fan
3980 current Airmiles
20 Shell 50$ Walmart Gift card bought Dec 30th
1000 Shop the Block Airmiles
=========
5,000 Airmiles
That offer ends Sunday Dec 31 and can take up to two weeks to post to your account.
Sometimes Shell posts right away for me for Gift cards and sometimes not.

Hugs Mel
View attachment 821294
I Bought a Walmart gift card Dec. 10th and the miles still haven't posted.

My totals as of today.
Card 1 (mine) 7571
Card 2 (Mom's) 5169
Card 3 (nephews girlfriend) 986
Never thought these totals would have been attainable once Sobeys left but glad for all those promos and the Dollarama card link offers. I love a good Dollarama shop and not just for the gift cards.

Hi everybody! Just a note to thank you all for being so kind and supportive. This is my favourite online space. :)

Also just a note to let you know I was on my stepmom's Air Miles app in New Brunswick this week. They are already trying out the swap between Dream and Cash miles. This is how Air Miles Receipts rolled out - in Atlantic Canada first.

Hi everybody! Just a note to thank you all for being so kind and supportive. This is my favourite online space. :)

Also just a note to let you know I was on my stepmom's Air Miles app in New Brunswick this week. They are already trying out the swap between Dream and Cash miles. This is how Air Miles Receipts rolled out - in Atlantic Canada first.
Excellent! I have 8 cash miles in my account that I can move over and DH has 30 dream miles he can move over. I wonder if they will still eventually remove the two types of accounts...?

Today I am taking advantage of the weather and Frosty and Mr. Santa Claus are going back to the garage and away for the season. I've never put them away this early before.

My 5 yr old Electric fireplace started making a horrible noise so I am trying to figure out if I need to buy a new one or if getting it fixed is the right way to go.
Service calls used to start at $100 now it's $150 to $200 before they even look.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...VJhB7Bx2zRwz_EAAYASAAEgL7EPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Have a great Saturday!
images4.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys all have Nee Years plans ! Happy new Year. May 2024 bring you guys all the best
I work 7-7 tomorrow 7-3 on the first and a killer 16 on the 2nd. Then off for 2, followed by 2 .. 12s. I barely have any hours in Jan so I’m taking whatever I can get now. Especially with DD and my trip coming up Feb 22. I’m stressed lol . I’ve warned her we will be eating cheap lol.
I have to earn 40 more miles before I have enough to get my Disney ticket lol. I went to shell bought $100 in shell gift cards which should get me 50 and 2 cokes another 10. Shell always posts same day for me but nothing yet. Ugh lol I just wanna order them. I mean it’s $3.60 I think to pay the miles but ha ha it’s the principal at this point .
Have a great couple of days all. I’ll check in when I can .
Ohhh what is everyone’s New Year’s resolutions that could be fun ??
Mine is I’m eating crap today and all day tomorrow at work and Jan 1 it’s zero carbs sugar till our trip. Hold me to it guys… lol I just want to feel a bit more comfy in my swimsuit on the trip . I stocked up on crystal lite and have warned everyone I will be a bear all next week lmao

So our March 2023 trip was our big "return to travel" vacation and was mostly funded by the refunded AM and leftover tickets from our April 2020 booking. But since the earning had dried up here, I figured once we used those ~40,000 points that we wouldn't be able to redeem for any Disney-related stuff for a long while. Maybe for our 2025 trip.

Therefore we switched to focusing on Scene+ points, as my husband works for Sobeys so we weren't going to stop spending all our money there. He got an AMEX to get points for every $ spent (sure wish base points were a thing!) and we have managed to save 130,000 points (worth $1300 in travel). No small feat, but a chunk of that was the sign-up bonus for the cc. This will hopefully pay half our hotel room.

What I'm getting at, is that I never expected to earn enough points in 2023 to be able to redeem for anything, let alone 2 things! I earned enough points through the promotions (thanks to all who mentioned them here in case I hadn't seen them on my app yet!) to get flights for 2 and 1 of the 5-day discounted tickets!
1) AM flights Hfx to WDW: Approx. $1770 on AC site = 10,378 AM + ~$555 CAD. Now I know flights aren't the best use due to the double fees situation, but that's $1200 I couldn't pass up!
2) Discounted 5-day adult ticket May 13, 2024 start date = Approx. $705 CAD direct through WDW, and $750 through AM, but used 7501 points to get it for $0.
Bonus - all the gift cards I've bought at Dollarama to get points, have been $50 WDW. So, we just bought some with Christmas money and it was enough to buy my husband's ticket directly through WDW! Yes it's cash "OOP" but I was gonna buy the gift cards to get the points anyway... so it feels like a deal/discount.

Sorry about the novel, I really am pleased as punch that this next trip will hopefully be our cheapest ever!
Happy New Year all, and here's to more points in 2024!
Kim

So our March 2023 trip was our big "return to travel" vacation and was mostly funded by the refunded AM and leftover tickets from our April 2020 booking. But since the earning had dried up here, I figured once we used those ~40,000 points that we wouldn't be able to redeem for any Disney-related stuff for a long while. Maybe for our 2025 trip.

Therefore we switched to focusing on Scene+ points, as my husband works for Sobeys so we weren't going to stop spending all our money there. He got an AMEX to get points for every $ spent (sure wish base points were a thing!) and we have managed to save 130,000 points (worth $1300 in travel). No small feat, but a chunk of that was the sign-up bonus for the cc. This will hopefully pay half our hotel room.

What I'm getting at, is that I never expected to earn enough points in 2023 to be able to redeem for anything, let alone 2 things! I earned enough points through the promotions (thanks to all who mentioned them here in case I hadn't seen them on my app yet!) to get flights for 2 and 1 of the 5-day discounted tickets!
1) AM flights Hfx to WDW: Approx. $1770 on AC site = 10,378 AM + ~$555 CAD. Now I know flights aren't the best use due to the double fees situation, but that's $1200 I couldn't pass up!
2) Discounted 5-day adult ticket May 13, 2024 start date = Approx. $705 CAD direct through WDW, and $750 through AM, but used 7501 points to get it for $0.
Bonus - all the gift cards I've bought at Dollarama to get points, have been $50 WDW. So, we just bought some with Christmas money and it was enough to buy my husband's ticket directly through WDW! Yes it's cash "OOP" but I was gonna buy the gift cards to get the points anyway... so it feels like a deal/discount.

Sorry about the novel, I really am pleased as punch that this next trip will hopefully be our cheapest ever!
Happy New Year all, and here's to more points in 2024!
Kim
Hi Kim
That is so so Awesome Hon.
I also did the Scene+ points and was able to redeem for a Hotel room at Universals' Surfside Resort and $200.00 in Disney gift cards. Lately my focus has been back to Airmiles as the offers at Scene+ have dried up quite a bit. I still check though. Congrats on all your savings and have an awesome trip.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter