Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I got this offer this morning
Of course I already filled up 2 days ago. I might be able to pick up a couple of instore items.
It required opt in

Up to 100 Bonus Miles

One day only: Get 1 AIR MILES® Bonus MileTM for every litre AND for every $1 spent in-store*

* Offer is exclusive, non-transferable and available only to the recipient of the offer invitation. Collector must click on the “Opt in” button prior to transacting to participate in this offer. Offer only valid on June 18, 2022 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 1 AIR MILES Bonus Mile per litre when you fill with any grade Shell Fuel, and 1 Bonus Mile for every $1 spent on Car Wash and qualifying non-fuel products (excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law) to a maximum of 100 Bonus Miles per collector number for this offer. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be swiped/collector number entered at time of transaction. This offer may be combined with other bonus offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post-promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account.

®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.
The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.

I got that one as well and do need gas, or at least I am sure I can put 30L or so in the tank.

Of course I already filled up 2 days ago. I might be able to pick up a couple of instore items.
It required opt in

Up to 100 Bonus Miles

One day only: Get 1 AIR MILES® Bonus MileTM for every litre AND for every $1 spent in-store*

* Offer is exclusive, non-transferable and available only to the recipient of the offer invitation. Collector must click on the “Opt in” button prior to transacting to participate in this offer. Offer only valid on June 18, 2022 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 1 AIR MILES Bonus Mile per litre when you fill with any grade Shell Fuel, and 1 Bonus Mile for every $1 spent on Car Wash and qualifying non-fuel products (excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law) to a maximum of 100 Bonus Miles per collector number for this offer. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be swiped/collector number entered at time of transaction. This offer may be combined with other bonus offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post-promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account.

®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.
The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.
I received this offer as well with one difference. Mine tops at 50 AM's. Not that it matters, I'm pretty full on gas and don't need any of the GC's they have on offer.

Hey guys. We are starting the countdown. Leave for a Toronto next Tuesday night and fly out wed am. Big kids going straight to Tampa for Stanley Cup game Go Avs.. and while I was stressed over that and covid bam rear ended. Stopped at a red light . Kid hit so hard his airbags deployed and what’s left of my bumper has a Mazda emblem dug in. Little was with . He seems fine but as having ASD and sensory the kids cat alarm wouldn’t shut off so there we were side of busy road and littles hands over his ears.
I’m starting to really hurt and I have so much to do. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow . And I gotta hi deal with insurance tomorrow and auto body shops .Really not too bummed over foodland I feel like with the crazy grocery prices lately I’m just not shopping there much .. I’m doing much better with PC right now.
Night all. Hope everyone is hanging on
Hugs t
:sad2: Holy Moly!!!! Just what you didn't need before heading on vacation...but your going on vacation :banana: Enjoy allllllllll the moments and soak it all up!!! I hope you have a fantastic time. Don't hesitate to drop in and let us know how it's going!
I think we are likely done with airmiles collecting when Sobeys leaves as well - I will focus on PC. However we will have a great summer this year thanks partly to airmiles (and PC). Booked AM Disney tickets in 2019 -used PC points (in the form of Disney gift cards) to move them to this year and add genie+. Booked flights to Florida and Newfoundland on AM this summer. Got Universal AM tickets. MNSSHP tickets with the Personal Shopper. Just ordered Wonderland tickets with fast lane plus with personal shopper. Have paid hotel deposit, memory maker and photos on the starcruiser with PC. And have a stockpile of PC paid gift cards for Savi’s and food and souvenirs and ILL for the Disney portion of our trip! I am down to 4000AM from over 80000, but it is all worth it!
I have a very strong feeling we will be done as well. But what a great windfall of savings!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! Wow...that's amazing!
It required opt in
I got this one too...I might just do it as my car is needing to be filled. I was going to go to Costco on my way home as it's the cheapest there @ 1.69. But I might just go to Shell instead this time.

Thanks guys for all your support. Looks like the kid that hit us didn’t have insurance and they can’t find him easily bc the cop didn’t write down his phone # with the area code and he just moved here from Alberta
and there’s no rental cars .. so getting to the airport may be a very squished experience..
and not official but I think jy last shift at work is Sunday as they are scaling way back on covid screening.. sigh I will deal with job hunting when I get back but it’s all a lot now .
Hugs to you all
T

Hey guys. We are starting the countdown. Leave for a Toronto next Tuesday night and fly out wed am. Big kids going straight to Tampa for Stanley Cup game Go Avs.. and while I was stressed over that and covid bam rear ended. Stopped at a red light . Kid hit so hard his airbags deployed and what’s left of my bumper has a Mazda emblem dug in. Little was with . He seems fine but as having ASD and sensory the kids cat alarm wouldn’t shut off so there we were side of busy road and littles hands over his ears.
I’m starting to really hurt and I have so much to do. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow . And I gotta hi deal with insurance tomorrow and auto body shops .Really not too bummed over foodland I feel like with the crazy grocery prices lately I’m just not shopping there much .. I’m doing much better with PC right now.
Night all. Hope everyone is hanging on
Hugs t
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I hope your feeling much better before your trip!

I managed to sneak in some more gas--filled to the brim,
No Bonus airmiles posted but regular ones did
  • June 18, 2022
    PEPSI OFFER
    +10

• June 18, 2022
    SHELL GO+ 2X NON-FUEL BONUS
    +4

• June 18, 2022
    BASE OFFER: 1/$5 CW & NON-FUEL
    +4
$35 gas
instore purchase $22
================
Total spend $57

So I should get another 57 Airmiles right?

I managed to sneak in some more gas--filled to the brim,
No Bonus airmiles posted but regular ones did
  • June 18, 2022
    PEPSI OFFER
    +10

• June 18, 2022
    SHELL GO+ 2X NON-FUEL BONUS
    +4

• June 18, 2022
    BASE OFFER: 1/$5 CW & NON-FUEL
    +4
$35 gas
instore purchase $22
================
Total spend $57

So I should get another 57 Airmiles right?
The way I read the offer is 1 mile per litre of fuel and 1 mile per dollar inside the store so an 22 plus whatever for your gas HOWEVER when I went to double check the terms this is the effing message I'm getting, NOT HAPPY if they've stopped offering it before noon!!!
Screenshot_20220618-113151_Chrome.jpg

The way I read the offer is 1 mile per litre of fuel and 1 mile per dollar inside the store so an 22 plus whatever for your gas HOWEVER when I went to double check the terms this is the effing message I'm getting, NOT HAPPY if they've stopped offering it before noon!!!
View attachment 677472
Well SHELL & Airmiles that just

Someone needs to get on social media and complain.
The DIS is my only social media,, or I'd do it.

So sorry to everyone ,,, I bet I don't get those Airmiles either.

It was in my *saved* offers on the Airmiles website but now it's gone ,,, not sure if that's because I used it though.

I did go before 12 noon,,, just not banking on it though.

Last edited:
Is anyone else giving up on airmiles once Sobeys and Safeway switch over to Scene+.

I get 90% of my airmiles through bonus coupons for groceries. It will take me forever to get enough points for anything once the change happens.
Yep lots of people switching over to PC and lots of people playing the wait and see for Airmiles ,,some are switching over to Scene+ if the program looks good ,,,,it depends what people are using their loyalty points for too.
Many Credit card options to consider also.

Hope you are able to find something that fits your collecting/saving habits.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Is anyone else giving up on airmiles once Sobeys and Safeway switch over to Scene+.

I get 90% of my airmiles through bonus coupons for groceries. It will take me forever to get enough points for anything once the change happens.
We’ll do both the AM and Scene+ for a while and see how it goes. We can hope AM gets some other good sponsors by then. We have the no fee BMO AM MasterCard as well which we get a fair amount of AM from. We’ll have to decide if it’s worth it to switch to a Scene+ VISA once this all happens.
It will be strange because Scene has always been just for movies for us so this will take some getting used to.

View attachment 677472
My offer is gone too, and I never went to Shell to fill up today. I was going to make a special trip to fill the car and gas can and now I will stay home.

Under the terms and conditions

* Offer is exclusive, non-transferable and available only to the recipient of the offer invitation. Collector must click on the “Opt in” button prior to transacting to participate in this offer. Offer only valid on June 18, 2022 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 1 AIR MILES Bonus Mile per litre when you fill with any grade Shell Fuel, and 1 Bonus Mile for every $1 spent on Car Wash and qualifying non-fuel products (excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law) to a maximum of 50 Bonus Miles per collector number for this offer. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be swiped/collector number entered at time of transaction. This offer may be combined with other bonus offers.

Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice.

Please allow up to two (2) weeks post-promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account.​

I did read the T&C for the Shell offer
BUT
to me sending out my email at 8 pm on a Thursday June 16th evening and then canceling the (One Day) offer on a Saturday June 18 morning is a bait and switch & very bad PR for Shell and Airmiles . I'll never trust one of their *one day specials* again.
Just my opinion
Hugs
Mel

I went to Shell for gas this morning, it does say the points will take up to 2 weeks to post so I don't think it's an instant one. I also think you had to opt in before today so trying now will tell you it's expired. But who knows. I did get 25 bonus miles for filing up once in June, if I go again I'd get 50 AM but that's not likely to happen. Unless the lotto max ticket I bought wins me the $60 Million, then maybe I'll just drive to TO to pick up my winnings and need to fill up again :D

I went to Shell for gas this morning, it does say the points will take up to 2 weeks to post so I don't think it's an instant one. I also think you had to opt in before today so trying now will tell you it's expired. But who knows. I did get 25 bonus miles for filing up once in June, if I go again I'd get 50 AM but that's not likely to happen. Unless the lotto max ticket I bought wins me the $60 Million, then maybe I'll just drive to TO to pick up my winnings and need to fill up again :D
I did opt in and never went to get gas at Shell this morning, and my offer says expired.

I did opt in and never went to get gas at Shell this morning, and my offer says expired.
My Shell offer came active in my loaded offers after showing inactive so I went to the Shell Station and got 41 litres of gas and 4 bottles of gator aid and got my bonus 50 (41 and 9 air miles) plus some more air miles. Total of 66 miles.
Gatorade was two for $4.75 get 10 bonus airmiles. They did not post. I will wait and see if that happens.

So if you haven't used it today, check your loaded offers and if if is showing go to Shell before midnight and use the offer.

Just a note
Airmiles is not available Sundays for customer service phone or chat..
My Shell offer has reappeared in my saved offers.
I just took a picture of it and saved it to my desk top.
I know they are going to ask for proof I had the offer saved (I did opt in ).
save a copy.

Hugs
Mel

Opted in to the Shell offer Thursday night. Filled up the car at about 9:30 pm last night. Bonus 50 miles are already posted.

Hopefully those who had a chance to fill up yesterday get their miles as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter