Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I got a spend $70 get 70 AM on Metro, which ties in with my spend $50 on BMO card at Metro and get 100 AM. So that'll be nice. Plus they have pork chops and ground beef on sale, so I can restock a bit of stuff from my freezer (after the power outage tossout)

LOL…currently sitting on my butt browsing the inter webs. I should be packing…we leave for FL tomorrow morning. I managed to get out of work early and them spent 2 hours running errands. I was just looking over my grocery receipt and it looks like I’m having a party for 5yo’s….pizza, fries, chicken fingers, lemonade, strawberries, whipped cream and a few other items. I wanted to leave a few things in the fridge for DD. This girl needs to learn how to cook. At least she didn’t ask me to make some things for her.

my Metro offer is spend 150 get 150 combined with my Mastercard offer of spend 100 get 100 that's a nice haul.
sobeys offers on both cards are awful

today's project was starting a wall hanging for our daughter-in-law, I wanted it done before the baby gets here but I'm getting tired! It's a design by an indigenous woman out west all proceeds are going to residential school survivors and the orange shirt site, called "The Journey Home" I attached the borders today and I'm not terribly happy with it but it's the first time I've attempted something like this
20220609_154354.jpg

So the DIS is just about the only form of social media I do.:tilt:
So I'd like to start a Airmiles social media rumor.:blush:
Apparently Metro & Food Basics are owned by the same company.........
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... METRO INC.
Inquiring mind are wondering if maybe once Foodland & Sobeys are gone if Food Basics could be a NEW Sponsor???
Just wondering................ hoping
Hugs
Mel

Oh and did you know.........
" In 2017, Metro acquired Canadian meal kit service, Miss Fresh."

More interesting info.

Stores under the Metro and Metro Plus banners offer one of the following loyalty programs:

• Stores in Ontario, excluding those in Thunder Bay, participate in the Air Miles program. Customers earn 1 reward mile for every $20 spent cumulatively each week (Sunday to Saturday). Points may be redeemed for a variety of items, including in-store grocery redemptions (95 miles can be redeemed for $10 in groceries).[13]
  • Due to Metro's Ontario stores (then A&P Canada) joining Air Miles after Safeway, which has locations in Thunder Bay, Metro's locations in that city have their own loyalty program called Thunder Bucks. Similar to Air Miles, customers earn 1 Thunder Point for every $20 spent, and bonus-points promotions are generally equivalent to those offered for Air Miles in the rest of the province. However, points are automatically redeemed for gift certificates at the rate of 125 points per $20 gift certificate.[14]
  • For similar reasons (Air Miles has a partnership with Sobeys/IGA in Quebec), locations in Quebec have their own program, metro&moi (Metro and Me). Customers earn 1 point for every $1 spent; points are automatically converted to rewards vouchers which are mailed every three months at a rate of $1 per 125 points accumulated (with a minimum balance of 500 points required for vouchers to be mailed).[15]
In spring 2015, Metro agreed to drop its exclusivity on the Air Miles program in Ontario; as a result, Sobeys stores throughout that province now offer Air Miles rewards in parallel with Metro.[16] However, Sobeys (which now also owns Safeway Canada) did not reciprocate, and Metro continues to be unable to offer Air Miles in either Quebec or Thunder Bay.

Last edited:
I've doing okay, Mel. Thanks for asking! Never had any fever, a few sniffles, and a little headache for a bit, but the cough! It started as just a little bit, but the last couple of days, it's definitely hanging on. :p
Yah know it is good to hear from people who have got it or had it ,,it is helping me to be not as fearful of it.
I just hope when I do get it.... that it is a mild case. Stay hydrated and rest well Hon. Thinking of you!

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

US lifts COVID-19 test requirement for international travel​

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/ne...travel/ar-AAYiSj6?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAggNb9

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden administration is lifting its requirement that international air travelers to the U.S. take a COVID-19 test within a day before boarding their flights, easing one of the last remaining government mandates meant to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
A senior administration official said the mandate expires Sunday at 12:01 a.m. ET, saying the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has determined that it's no longer necessary. The official, speaking Friday on the condition of anonymity to preview the formal announcement, said that the agency would reevaluate the need for the testing requirement every 90 days and that it could be reinstated if a troubling new variant emerges

I know some of you have travel coming up.
Hugs Mel
Well a tiny bit too late for me. I’m sitting at the gate at YYZ right now. It never occurred to me to check when this might expire…I could have booked a week later.

I went to Metro and spent $79 but managed to get quite a bit of pork chops and ground beef (plus wedge fries and chicken fingers for kiddo's lunch) and other groceries :) And earned 77 AM on the receipt, plus I should get another 100 AM for using my BMO card. So almost $20 worth of AM? Which makes it a little more bearable... things are getting so expensive :(

Does anyone here have an RBC Avion Infinite VISA? Can you redeem points for US parks, cruises, etc?
We do. When we went to Disney in 2017 I had inquired about park tickets. They wanted and OUTRAGEOUS amount of points for park tickets. If my memory serves me right it was well over 100,000 points for a basic 3-day ticket :scared1: When I repeated that back to her (obviously in shock over what she quoted me) she replied in a way that was a audible eyeroll at my surprise :sad2:

Scene's email response.
fee360114dbda246393a9427edcecd3f

Jun 11, 2022, 9:17 a.m. EDT

Thank you for contacting Scene+ Member Services. We appreciate your question regarding the new changes to Scene+ with Foodland and Sobeys.

With the exciting announcement that Foodland and Sobeys under their parent company Empire will be joining the Scene+ Program, we don't have all the full details yet. Starting in August in the Maritimes first, individual stores will begin to switch over to the Scene+ program.

Please feel to follow our website at sceneplus.ca for updates as these changes take place. You will also be able to ask at your individual store as well once changes begin in your local area.

If you haven't signed up yet for Scene+, please feel free to do that on our website or through the Scene+ App. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

With kind regards.
Sheila N
MEMBER SERVICES/ SERVICE AUX MEMBRES
Scene+ Sceneplus.ca

Managed a couple of Metro wins this morning. I got the "spend $50 get 100AMs, 5 times" offer so I completed my 4th shop on that. I also had a spend $40 get 40AMs that I knocked off.

My fave deals were the ground beef $3.44/lb and the Herbal Essences (I bought 10 bottles).

The my DH's card had spend $20 get 20AMs. I was by a different Metro and they had their ground beef that was on sale for $3.44/lb marked down by 30% with stickers. Boom. Bought the last 3 packs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter