Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I also went to Sobeys to see about using the APP coupons. When I saw that the ice creams were $6.99 I decided to do some scouting for tomorrows shopping trip. Found out that they do carry A&W GC :yay:. I didn't try the APP coupons at all I may try it on something small but like you if it doens't work I'm returning what I bought. I have a rain check from a few weeks ago for Marc Angelo Kabobs so I'll pick those up tomorrow with their associated AM.

Then I'm off the Fresh Co who have Chapmans ice cream on a stick for $2.99. Gotta get there early before they sell out.

Ohh that was a good idea. I wish I had thought to check if my Sobey's has the A&W gift card for Friday.

I also have a rain check for those Marc Angelo Kabobs but so far they haven't brought them in stock again. Hopefully on Friday.

Thanks, I'm on holidays soon and a bit mixed up in dates :) My flyers never came today so I'm not sure how to get the coupon, I assume there will be some in store. I do have a list already made up.

Yes, there should be plenty of flyers in the store! I don't get a paper flyer for Sobey's either.

Well I ordered the suitcase. The purple is really pretty :) and I know I'll use it! If we can afford to travel any more lol. No no, we'll get back to Disney, though probably when kiddo turns 10. Ugh adult prices! and if we go south this winter.
Now to build back up my AM account. There are a couple things at Metro, cream, cheese strings and cream cheese (yes I like dairy I guess lol). And then Sobeys tomorrow :) I'll maybe go to Rexall next week, if there's a good promo. I'm sure I'll build it back up. I did place an Etsy order as well, so hopefully the bonus 50 for that will post without issue. And perhaps a quick trip to Children's Place before the end of the month, I believe they have a 5x the AM promo on, and some good sales. Kiddo will need new clothes when school starts up again.

Well I ordered the suitcase. The purple is really pretty :) and I know I'll use it! If we can afford to travel any more lol. No no, we'll get back to Disney, though probably when kiddo turns 10. Ugh adult prices! and if we go south this winter.
Now to build back up my AM account. There are a couple things at Metro, cream, cheese strings and cream cheese (yes I like dairy I guess lol). And then Sobeys tomorrow :) I'll maybe go to Rexall next week, if there's a good promo. I'm sure I'll build it back up. I did place an Etsy order as well, so hopefully the bonus 50 for that will post without issue. And perhaps a quick trip to Children's Place before the end of the month, I believe they have a 5x the AM promo on, and some good sales. Kiddo will need new clothes when school starts up again.

Congrats
I think you got an awesome suitcase ,,,I am trying to convince myself that I don't need to get one also.:lovestruc
Hugs Mel

Please report back, we leave on Aug. 20! It will be a bit different than what we had planned though, daughter broke her foot in 4 places so no water for us...
I hope your daughter's foot heal quickly. Does she have a plaster or fibreglass cast? My niece broke hers too (not in 4 places thankfully) and had an air cast boot for 6 weeks. Maybe after her foot has healed for a few weeks you could ask the doctor about the air cast? It was removable and as long as she doesnt bare weight on it while uncast, she was allowed to have it off for shore periods of time. Made baths and floating in the pool much easier.

Thanks! Right now she's in a plaster cast. Found out today it's actually more than 4 places, so more x-rays to decide what to do next. Today's doctor did mention the possibility of an air cast before we go to Disney, as it will be 4 weeks healing by then...fingers crossed!

I hope your daughter's foot heal quickly. Does she have a plaster or fibreglass cast? My niece broke hers too (not in 4 places thankfully) and had an air cast boot for 6 weeks. Maybe after her foot has healed for a few weeks you could ask the doctor about the air cast? It was removable and as long as she doesnt bare weight on it while uncast, she was allowed to have it off for shore periods of time. Made baths and floating in the pool much easier.

What's the weekly cutoff date for Sobeys to get airmiles before it resets for the following week - is it Sunday at closing?

I have to admit I'm jealous of all the Sobey's/Safeway miles people can get. We don't have either store he in Victoria, all our safeways were bought by Sobeys under their Thrifty Foods banner and then sold to Save-on Foods due to anti-competition issues. Thrifty Foods (a Sobey's owned chain) NEVER has any good airmiles promos like their other Sobeys stores.

I hear ya on this! I can't even remember the last time Thrifty's had a gift card deal and even then it had a limit of 1 bonus per AM card! I am so jealous of the 150AM/gift card up to 5 card deals that the rest of Canada seems to get! :sad:

I hear ya on this! I can't even remember the last time Thrifty's had a gift card deal and even then it had a limit of 1 bonus per AM card! I am so jealous of the 150AM/gift card up to 5 card deals that the rest of Canada seems to get! :sad:
I used to buy the gift cards all the time. It may have taken me a couple of shops to use them but I bought them. With just the 3 of us when DD was smaller and ate less groceries were less that $100 a week. Now it's about $125/week with the bottomless pit child and her growth spurts.
What really gets me is that it's the same %^$*& COMPANY. We all know it, and have access to all the flyers and see the deals the other "Sobey" brands get. It would streamline things to give us all the same airmiles deals!

Thanks! Right now she's in a plaster cast. Found out today it's actually more than 4 places, so more x-rays to decide what to do next. Today's doctor did mention the possibility of an air cast before we go to Disney, as it will be 4 weeks healing by then...fingers crossed!
Hope your DD gets well soon! Speedy recovery!!

FYI for anyone who does up the Sobeys A&W gift card deal - A&W have coupons on their website always. You may need to create an account and sign in, but when you do, you just show the coupon printed or on your phone. For example the beyond meat veggie burger is currently only $3.50 with the coupon. It's REALLY good!!!

Just checked out my Rexall L&G for the upcoming week. I don't have any so this is on DH account. There's the no loading required S$50 get 100AM and a S$40 get 40AM (July 27 - Aug 2) usually this one doesn't start until Monday but this week it looks like it starts today. Don't know if the two will stack (or if Rexall is testing their system to make sure it doesn't)

I'll be shopping today to see what happens. Will report back later this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter