Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Back from our 5000+ km road trip so now I am back into a AM collecting mode. I am 2600AM from Onyx (I never got that level) and I want to get it this year!!!

About the Amex offer, what do you think of this note: Purchases must be made directly at Amazon.ca to be eligible for this offer. Purchases made through other third party websites using any Amazon payment service are not Eligible Qualifying Purchases.

Does that mean we cannot go through airmileshops?
I think it means you can not order through Amazon.com (the usa version of Amazon) or directly from any parties that sell their wares at Amazon.ca. There are a ton of retailers that sell through Amazon.ca in which you would purchase directly from their company or website but you pay Amazon. however they will not count as a purchase from Amazon.ca. Products that ship from Amazon.ca directly and not products that ship from a third party retailer. An example is I purchase an sleep mask from Amazon.ca however it ships from a company (Vaga) that is based in China.
Hope this is clear and jmo.

Are you certain that ordering from the same retailer will qualify for the Amex offer? I wonder if we have to order from four different retailers.
No where does it say it has to be four different merchants, so I should be fine.

Qualifying Purchase(s) for this Offer: To be eligible for 100 AIR MILES Bonus Miles, make any purchase of goods or services, including shipping or additional charges, with your enrolled Card online at a participating Canadian merchant. There is no minimum spend requirement. The full list of participating Merchants is included at americanexpress.ca/soarintomore during the offer period. Each qualifying purchase will result in a bonus of 100 Bonus Miles (up to a maximum of 400 Bonus Miles).

I personally decided on doing 4 merchants just to be 100% sure.

Staples: binders and scissors for back-to-school (free shipping with order over 45$)
Indigo: notebook and book (free shipping with order over 25$)
Canon: ink for my printer (free shipping on all orders)
Amazon.ca: I don't know yet but we are prime and order there multiple times in a month.

Just an FYI for everyone, especially Onyx. I got my Disney ticket from the Personal Shopper service. They had quoted me 4325 AM, which was a little high by my calculations as it came in just under 10 cents per AM, but for value it's better than the Cdn ticket, which is less than 9 cents per AM. I think they purchased this straight from Disney as it is a barcode via email that I have to take with me. They also included the cost of the ticket, which is exactly what it would cost if I ordered the ticket via the Disney website, so I don't have to worry about bridging the ticket. So, I know AM usually gets their regular Disney tickets at a discount, so if and when they do offer the regular tickets again, I think (hope) it is in the range I had quoted earlier of around 4000 AM as that would put a ticket worth just over 10 cents per AM.
Just wanted to let anyone else who's Onyx and wants a ticket for value instead of just for visiting the parks know that you can get hold of a regular ticket via the Personal Shopper service.[/QUOTE

I am getting the "Not Secure" message also. Darn I was hoping to do my Rexall shop today but I guess it can wait till tomorrow.

Just tried to log in to Airmiles and I can't enter my AM # to get into my account. Anyone else? Nevermind OK now.

Last edited:
I get the warning from Load and Go too.
Yesterday when logging into my airmiles account I had to do an extra step by signing that I was not a Robot,,perhaps they are having security issues.
Hugs Mel

Sorry if this has already been posted but I just saw this contest on the Sobeys web page for loaded offer users and it should be on the Foodland, IGA, Safeway and Co-op sites too

http://www.celebratewithmyoffers.com/

There is an instant win portion and three prizes that include a nice amount of Air Miles as part of the prize
Thank you for the reminder! Now, if I can just remember next week! LOL

Sorry if this has already been posted but I just saw this contest on the Sobeys web page for loaded offer users and it should be on the Foodland, IGA, Safeway and Co-op sites too

http://www.celebratewithmyoffers.com/

There is an instant win portion and three prizes that include a nice amount of Air Miles as part of the prize

Anyone having problems getting the contest to recognize that you've downloaded the app? It keeps telling me that it can't confirm it.

Airmilesshops promo 150am when you shop at 2 stores.

This started last week but I'm not sure if anyone posted it:

Offer valid from August 1 - September 11, 2017. Get 150 AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases of $20 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes made at 2 or more different participating online stores. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get the Offer. Offer is cumulative on purchases made at all participating online stores. Offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online stores who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. Offer does not apply to purchases made at Texture by Next Issue, or made at travel online stores (including travel bookings, car rentals, and hotels). Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days post offer period.

Here's this week's coupon for Rexall
Spend $30.00 get 50 AM Valid August 7th - 10th

I'm happy because my targeted one is also spend $30.00 get 50 AM and DOUBLY glad that i opened my LoadnGo offers on the Kindle on Friday and saved the page so i can actually SEE what i have to work with but i'm wondering if they will even work when that part of the system seems to be down??? Thoughts?

I have to buy some new sheet sets. I wonder if I can use any of these online shopping deals to earn AM.... I don't typically shop online.

I don't shop online usually either so this would be new to me also.
Hmmm........... what Gift cards regularly offer airmiles on purchases?
I could use some new sheet sets also................Hmmmm.
Hugs Mel

I'm happy because my targeted one is also spend $30.00 get 50 AM and DOUBLY glad that i opened my LoadnGo offers on the Kindle on Friday and saved the page so i can actually SEE what i have to work with but i'm wondering if they will even work when that part of the system seems to be down??? Thoughts?

The duck may just have to go shopping to test it out,,
Hugs Hon
Mel
8eb84a89c03d3ae1b033a6da2c8ed04b.jpg

I have to buy some new sheet sets. I wonder if I can use any of these online shopping deals to earn AM.... I don't typically shop online.
You sure can! Have you ever used the Airmilesshop? If not i can "invite you" and we'll both make some extra miles
upload_2017-8-7_11-48-44.png
Currently Bed Bath & Beyond has 10X miles offer (till the end of today), not sure how the price compares to other stores. There's also Linen Chest which has 15% offer if you sign up for their newsletter. Bedding Superstore is in the list as well ... suffice it to say, yup you can find bedding on-line with bonus miles as well. I do a LOT of on-line shopping :D

@bababear_50 there are NO stores which give miles for gift card purchases but there are seriously a LOT of stores. Taking hubby to try on shoes today (not happy about spending a holiday in a mall, tough cookies) and then coming home and ordering them on-line because i can get AIRMILES ... nasty duck! LOTS of stores have miles this way but not in the brick and mortar storefronts

Not that I really need anything at Rexall but $30... one bottle of kiddo's sunscreen would do that! And we will need some for our trips coming up. I wonder if I can use the printed one, my Load n Go, and the one on my receipt? That would be ideal lol, 150 AM for spending $30.

Airmilesshops promo 150am when you shop at 2 stores.

This started last week but I'm not sure if anyone posted it:

Offer valid from August 1 - September 11, 2017. Get 150 AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases of $20 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes made at 2 or more different participating online stores. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get the Offer. Offer is cumulative on purchases made at all participating online stores. Offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online stores who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. Offer does not apply to purchases made at Texture by Next Issue, or made at travel online stores (including travel bookings, car rentals, and hotels). Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days post offer period.

I'll need to shop online, I do that enough. Amazon and something else I guess. I normally go through ebates as the cash back is better value to me, but I'll make an exception :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter