Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Nope, we're not redeeming for tickets --- refuse to spend any money while the current administration is in power. Our only form of concrete protest is our $$. Given our age and the uncertainty of hubby's income (self-employed so it can never be truly counted on to remain stable) we don't think it's wise to have a bunch of tickets sitting around until we are able to go. Also figure it would be our luck to go ahead, snag a bunch and then Disney will come out and change their minds about the expiration policy. SO, there they sit growing by the day, teasing me as i try to decide what's the best use. I ordered a Tens unit to help with the aches and pains but other than that, who knows??

I hear you ;), we have reworked a lot of our spending this year. But as long as I can work out a cheap trip to WDW or Universal and our family would like to go, I will continue to cash in for tickets. We have been fortunate to have never paid for tickets with the exception of 2 years of free dining many years ago.

Anyone buying gcs at Shell on credit card? I was at our closest station but they have limited selection so I went to another that said debit and cash only, corporate policy. Thought I'd try another next week but am wondering what other people are doing. Any experiences??
I am (in BC). (Also, hi everyone! I've been lurking forever on this thread lol)

I'm using my Starwood Amex to get points towards hotel (approx a 3% return) since the Airmiles return @ 1/$20 is what ~ 1.9%? This way I'll have points for one of the Marriott hotels at DL on top of the ticket. So far I've bought Amazon, Starbucks and Safeway. But I'm planning on some iTunes and more Safeway. I like the GCs I can add to my account immediately, toss the card and just use over time. But then, Safeway is useful since it's the closest grocery store to my home and work.

However, at the store I stoped at yesterday, they had my Airmiles account # on the receipt w/my acct balance but didn't indicate how many I earned? Going to wait to see them post before buying more at that store.... the other store showed the amount earned immediately. Has anyone else experienced that?

Nope, we're not redeeming for tickets --- refuse to spend any money while the current administration is in power. Our only form of concrete protest is our $$. Given our age and the uncertainty of hubby's income (self-employed so it can never be truly counted on to remain stable) we don't think it's wise to have a bunch of tickets sitting around until we are able to go. Also figure it would be our luck to go ahead, snag a bunch and then Disney will come out and change their minds about the expiration policy. SO, there they sit growing by the day, teasing me as i try to decide what's the best use. I ordered a Tens unit to help with the aches and pains but other than that, who knows??
Ok I know you have some issues with the current admin, ( I think gov, not Disney, but either way) Disney has never changed a non-expire to expire. There are some that still have single tickets, paper, that they still accept 20 years later. So I feel very safe that these wont change. Plus the backlash from it would be overwhelming. That is one reason they did not cancel the old non-expire ticket, they just don't sell them anymore.

Ok I know you have some issues with the current admin, ( I think gov, not Disney, but either way) Disney has never changed a non-expire to expire. There are some that still have single tickets, paper, that they still accept 20 years later. So I feel very safe that these wont change. Plus the backlash from it would be overwhelming. That is one reason they did not cancel the old non-expire ticket, they just don't sell them anymore.

I feel safe that the Canadian certificates won't change as well. I do want to clarify that my partially used non-expire tickets, attached to my disney experience, now expire Dec 31, 2030 so they do actually expire.

I'm using my Starwood Amex to get points towards hotel (approx a 3% return) since the Airmiles return @ 1/$20 is what ~ 1.9%? This way I'll have points for one of the Marriott hotels at DL on top of the ticket. So far I've bought Amazon, Starbucks and Safeway. But I'm planning on some iTunes and more Safeway. I like the GCs I can add to my account immediately, toss the card and just use over time. But then, Safeway is useful since it's the closest grocery store to my home and work.

However, at the store I stoped at yesterday, they had my Airmiles account # on the receipt w/my acct balance but didn't indicate how many I earned? Going to wait to see them post before buying more at that store.... the other store showed the amount earned immediately. Has anyone else experienced that?

Welcome to the thread Kristabelle13!

Thanks for mentioning amazon, I will watch for them, so far haven't seen any grocery ones but bought Canadian Tire and Shoppers.

No issues with ams not being on the receipt so far, perhaps the system was down? I would definitely follow it up if I didn't see them posted in a few days.

Glad you've decided to join in the fun :welcome: I've noticed the last month or so that all of my Rexall receipts say "balance unavailable" but the amount i earn in that transaction shows up --- except for my one shop on Tuesday -- the cash just sat there spinning away and finally spat out this information "Redemption system unavailable" ... i was not a happy camper, worried that I would need to chase down all of the miles. They posted as usual though by the next day. SO a glitch is possible but i would hang onto that receipt until you see the miles you expect to earn actually post.

DANG! That looks very impressive, I'm jealous :P I have one lone 75 score. (nice profile pix BTW)
Thank you, i like your profile pic as well. It got harder as they instuited the 6 item maximum on me half way through my pickle run. One cashier even accused me of selling the relish on the black market, I laughed and told her I was donnating them to a food bank as soon as the AMs posted.

The Rexall issue with not showing your Balance I think is somehow related to the locked Cash account. My balance always showed until I locked my account. I have yet to unlock my cash account when I shop so I haven't been able to test out my theory. Still waiting for that redeem x Cash AM get y AM promotion to actually show up so I can test the theory.

Yes the balance not showing is due to your locked account. The AirMiles person told me that when I called up to ask why my receipt showed no points.

that's impressive...Based on your AM from the Mount Albion Foodland...you must be the person they said came in and "cleared the shelves" (LOL). I managed 450 AM for my 2 jars of relish and 10 jars of pickles (donated to the local food bank).

I left a lot on the shelves. but they were the only ones I found that had the sweet relish.

Glad you've decided to join in the fun :welcome: I've noticed the last month or so that all of my Rexall receipts say "balance unavailable" but the amount i earn in that transaction shows up --- except for my one shop on Tuesday -- the cash just sat there spinning away and finally spat out this information "Redemption system unavailable" ... i was not a happy camper, worried that I would need to chase down all of the miles. They posted as usual though by the next day. SO a glitch is possible but i would hang onto that receipt until you see the miles you expect to earn actually post.
I went to a third Shell today - same as the second. Card scanned and showed balance of AMs but didn't tell me how much I earned.... the ones from two days ago didn't post yet...what's the wait time on these? And then what's the course of action?

I went to a third Shell today - same as the second. Card scanned and showed balance of AMs but didn't tell me how much I earned.... the ones from two days ago didn't post yet...what's the wait time on these? And then what's the course of action?
We don't go to Shell (there's only 1 in the city and it's not very convenient to get to) so i don't know how quickly they post the miles --- if you go past that timeline i don't think you'll be happy with the next answer. To chase them down you need to wait 60 days for regular miles & and 120 for bonus miles :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter