Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thanks everyone.
Hopefully it posts soon. I also didn't get the 2x 10 Airmiles or the 100 Bonus Airmiles. I'll keep a watch out for it.
At least it will post under 2023 Airmiles I hope.
Hugs Mel

Just checking
Did anyone do the two Subway APP deal and have you received your 100 Airmiles for it?
Thanks Mel
I got my subway points but I never got my Shell App miles from that same weekend. I know they scanned my card at shell as they asked if I wanted to use my dream Miles.

Woah, so many back and forth emails between the personal shopper and myself before I finally got both of the tickets for the After Hours at the Studios attached to my MDE account. She had in fact linked them to her own account and needed to add me as a friend, I needed to accept that request before I could find the tickets and assign them to us. I first needed to make hubby his own account so "he" (quotes because we all know that I'm the one who did this :P ) could accept the ticket. I then had to have this new dummy account send a friend request to me so that I could pull his ticket to his actual profile. I'm happy it's done and I can move onto the dining reservations next. Ok, I lied, next is to look at car rentals now that Disney isn't charging for parking we might use some miles for the ability to go to other resorts without allowing 90 minutes for transit!

SO big warning for people using personal shopper for any ticket media - be sure to link those tickets to your account before heading off on your trip. If you get down there and discover that they are linked to someone else's account you could end up with a massive headache, you'll have no paper trail for payment to prove they're yours.
Hold the phone.....why on earth would the personal shopper be adding those tickets to his/her personal MDE?

I'm glad you got that sorted. I'm going to attempt to buy my park tickets today and finally book a hotel. Uggg...I keep holding out for a WDW resort even though nothing is showing on their own site, unless I book for 4 nights and then call in to cancel 2 of them. Even that though, the rate is $190 for POP....not having it!

Has anyone done the BMO at Metro offer that is good until March?
I am planning to buy some DIsney GC there, I'd like to get AM for the purchase if I can. I don't see any restrictions on what you can buy with the BMO MC. I am just a bit confused on the first bonus. I think I can get 250 AM the first time I buy something, so I could get a $50 GC and get the 250 AM. Then I can spend another $250 to get another 250 AM. But I am guessing not the same day. If I buy $300 all at once, will I get the 250 bonus plus the 250 for spending $250+? That is my dilemma. I am probably not going to risk it, but will be a PITB to go to Metro twice.
Then I will probably get another $500 or so, at least once or twice before the March 9th end date (on Thur - Sun of course). Which will give me, hopefully, a lot of cash AM to spend on more GC.

But I'd love to hear from anyone who has done this already. Planning to go next week.

I am planning to buy some DIsney GC there, I'd like to get AM for the purchase if I can. I don't see any restrictions on what you can buy with the BMO MC. I am just a bit confused on the first bonus. I think I can get 250 AM the first time I buy something, so I could get a $50 GC and get the 250 AM. Then I can spend another $250 to get another 250 AM. But I am guessing not the same day. If I buy $300 all at once, will I get the 250 bonus plus the 250 for spending $250+? That is my dilemma. I am probably not going to risk it, but will be a PITB to go to Metro twice.
Then I will probably get another $500 or so, at least once or twice before the March 9th end date (on Thur - Sun of course). Which will give me, hopefully, a lot of cash AM to spend on more GC.

But I'd love to hear from anyone who has done this already. Planning to go next week.
I don’t know about the first time purchase part. My screw up yesterday was not paying with my MC…oddly I made the cashier backtrack and scan my AM though. I’m going back today to buy another gift card but I don’t know for how much. I’m still trying to figure out how much I might need …one day at MK and then 7 day cruise.

I bought a Disney gift card today at metro . Hoping it triggers the BMO spend $500 get 500 but if it doesn’t oh well, I still need it to pay off our hotel for April.
But weirdest things the cashier called the manager and picture me standing there with a lineup being interrogated if I’m purchasing on my own free will, that it’s not a fraudulent reason and for personal use. I was like I’m going on vacation ..
while I appreciate seniors and some people are being scammed by people this experience was a little over the top that I really don’t want to experience again ..
just a heads up

I was waiting to see what happens before I purchased more but I bought $250 when the offer first came out. I thought the AMs would show up when my MasterCard AMs posted. They posted today and while I did receive the 3Xs for shopping at Metro, I did not receive the 250 for the purchase. I'm not sure what to do now. Did I get the offer wrong? Do I need to purchase something with AMs to get the bonus? Do GCs not count, although MC has no way to know what you purchased. Just not sure if I should bother with it anymore.
I bought a Disney gift card today at metro . Hoping it triggers the BMO spend $500 get 500 but if it doesn’t oh well, I still need it to pay off our hotel for April.
But weirdest things the cashier called the manager and picture me standing there with a lineup being interrogated if I’m purchasing on my own free will, that it’s not a fraudulent reason and for personal use. I was like I’m going on vacation ..
while I appreciate seniors and some people are being scammed by people this experience was a little over the top that I really don’t want to experience again ..
just a heads up
Which Metro is this? the Metro at Taylor and Bayridge did that to me and they were mean about it. It was a real interrogation. They made me feel like I was defrauding them.

I was waiting to see what happens before I purchased more but I bought $250 when the offer first came out. I thought the AMs would show up when my MasterCard AMs posted. They posted today and while I did receive the 3Xs for shopping at Metro, I did not receive the 250 for the purchase. I'm not sure what to do now. Did I get the offer wrong? Do I need to purchase something with AMs to get the bonus? Do GCs not count, although MC has no way to know what you purchased. Just not sure if I should bother with it anymore.

Which Metro is this? the Metro at Taylor and Bayridge did that to me and they were mean about it. It was a real interrogation. They made me feel like I was defrauding them.
YES! Glad it’s not just me it was humiliating

Well I just made a major screw up.....
I went to Metro to buy a $500 Disney gift card...paying for my park tickets with it and I've been waiting for Thursday to get the 500 miles for the $500 purchase. Idiot here paid with Amex. I got out to the car and realized

Deleted!!

just a heads up
It’s a Metro policy to ask for ID on gift card purchases over a certain amount. What that amount is I can’t remember. I’ve had to show ID on several occasions and the cashier has called a manager to look at my ID and approve the purchase. Oddly, that did not happen the other day but I paid at customer service which I never do.

It’s a Metro policy to ask for ID on gift card purchases over a certain amount. What that amount is I can’t remember. I’ve had to show ID on several occasions and the cashier has called a manager to look at my ID and approve the purchase. Oddly, that did not happen the other day but I paid at customer service which I never do.
I wasn’t IDed at all just interrogated . Loudly in front of a lineup of people. For a Disney gift card. Maybe if I was buying a whole whack of MasterCard or Visa.. I would understand .
Also didn’t happen last week when I purchased same at different Metro same city.

I wasn’t IDed at all just interrogated . Loudly in front of a lineup of people. For a Disney gift card. Maybe if I was buying a whole whack of MasterCard or Visa.. I would understand .
Also didn’t happen last week when I purchased same at different Metro same city.
Agreed with everything @TammyLynn33 has said. I was never IDed. This particular Metro has no shame. I was called out the same way, in front of a lineup of people, several times. I would go to the 10 items and under checkout to save time, so you can imagine how many people would be behind me listening to me getting scolded about purchasing a gift card. I quit going to that Metro. They are really nasty about it. The last time it happened I questioned them back, as to why they would have an issue with Disney GCs. If it were a Visa GC I would maybe understand, but what do they think anyone is going to do with a Disney GC? They just got more hostile. Besides, it's not just the questioning, it's the way they do the questioning. It's accusatory. They look at you like you are trying to steal something.
I now go to the other Metro as well and never have an issue. They don't bat an eye.

I don't think we'll see the miles for the Mastercard offer post until AFTER the promo is finished. Same as the online one that took place during the holidays, those miles posted in a lump.

Our city has been caught up in the grandparents scam the past 6 months or so and I had the manager called over when I grabbed one to top up my order a couple of weeks ago. I told the cashier while I was waiting for a till to open that I was planning on adding a bunch of money to the card so she was ready. Good grief I didn't get the scrutiny but the gift card sure did, he even pulled a magnifying glass out of his pocket 😳 turned it on it's side looked at it from different angles. After he approved and was walking away he stopped and asked who the card was for, I said me, I'm going to see Donald duck.

I don't think we'll see the miles for the Mastercard offer post until AFTER the promo is finished. Same as the online one that took place during the holidays, those miles posted in a lump.

Our city has been caught up in the grandparents scam the past 6 months or so and I had the manager called over when I grabbed one to top up my order a couple of weeks ago. I told the cashier while I was waiting for a till to open that I was planning on adding a bunch of money to the card so she was ready. Good grief I didn't get the scrutiny but the gift card sure did, he even pulled a magnifying glass out of his pocket 😳 turned it on it's side looked at it from different angles. After he approved and was walking away he stopped and asked who the card was for, I said me, I'm going to see Donald duck.
There have been a lot of gift card scams over the last few months. The scammers put a barcode sticker over the real bar code. Unless you know what to look for it is very easy to not notice. The card gets activated to the fake barcode and the scammer has your money with no record of it ever happening. Good on the store to have a thorough look at the gift card before you purchased it!

On the subject of the grandparent scam....my friend's father was scammed out of $8000 just a couple months ago. It was the classic phone call from a 'grandson' needing bail money. Turns out they know who did it. It's a very complicated story but one of things that really jumped out at me was that the bank did not have any concern with this man withdrawing that much cash. No questions were asked. I understand privacy etc but could banks not give their customers a safety net of having an option where the customer agrees and signs a consent to be questioned about large cash transactions? Also, these scams are on the news all the time so how does anyone fall for it?

It's a very complicated story but one of things that really jumped out at me was that the bank did not have any concern with this man withdrawing that much cash. No questions were asked. I understand privacy etc but could banks not give their customers a safety net of having an option where the customer agrees and signs a consent to be questioned about large cash transactions? Also, these scams are on the news all the time so how does anyone fall for it?
Banks do have an option to question large withdrawals IF someone who is connected to the account requests this. For example, if a person has PA over their parents accounts and has concerns that what they are doing with their money isn't above board, that they are being taken advantage of, they can request we question the person and even request we contact them when this is happening. This is a request that doesn't happen often.

People do not like to be questioned to much about what they are doing with their funds, especially elderly persons. They like to feel they are in control of their lives and know exactly what they are doing. We can ask simple questions like, 'that's an unusual amount, are you having some work done around your house?' or 'looks like someone is planning something big', and then hope the conversation goes in the direction of where the funds will go. The money belongs to the client so they are allowed to do what they wish with it and there is little we can do to stop it. If we suspect fraud or money laundering we can contact the police but short of that, nothing can be done. Privacy is a huge issue. I know I'd be annoyed if I was questioned to much.
So you see, unfortunately sometimes hands are tied.

Sorry for the question, but where do you find these BMO offers for Metro? I don't think I've received any emails about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter