Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just checked..wife has 5 cash miles and 370 dream..i have 100 dream..so not out anything at this point...might collect a couple more dream for wife since there is really nothing below 400 except for a xouple of movie passes

Well, isn't that just a kick in the 'ol backside :sad: I think we will be reconsidering our BMO card now. There is just not enough incentive. We do get a fair share of AM from Shell. I do like to go to Safeway for those few items once in awhile to get some extra AM. We don't regularly shop Safeway/sobey's. WE do have aFreshco though - but it is on the other side of town and we rarely go to that end. I think we will be focusing on PC points after the miles are gone from Safeway.

I can't say it's not surprising that they are leaving the AM program. There just hasn't been the mile palooza we have seen pre-pandemic - and even before then it was already taking a hit. It does make me sad, as we as a family have been able to do things that we simply would have not been able to afford otherwise.

So I am going to study and hunt those last miles and bulk up as we are wanting to do one last family Florida trip! So I'll be collecting as many miles as I can until I cash those miles in for for Florida related tickets or something along those lines.

My
This news is disheartening. I rarely shop Metro, and the whole Air Miles is getting difficult to earn much aside from the BMO card and Shell at this point. I guess I'll start my Christmas shopping with my dream miles and using up my cash miles. For some reason I've never used the Scene card, although I think my kids did at one point. I'll have a lot to weigh. I can't stand trying to wade through umpteen rewards programs, which is why I like PC Optimum and AirMiles as they covered a myriad of stores that I use.
Hi Hon
It is disheartening isn't it.
I am trying to stay positive and hope the Scene+ is something I can do to save towards travel (Expedia).
Yeah my guys used to collect the scene points when they did Movies years ago.
I just applied for a new Scene+ card for myself this morning,,, can't hurt to try it.
My son is the one who uses the PC card in our house.
Yep I am a big Xmas in July shopper! :santa: never too early.

BIG Hugs to you
Mel

My

Hi Hon
It is disheartening isn't it.
I am trying to stay positive and hope the Scene+ is something I can do to save towards travel (Expedia).
Yeah my guys used to collect the scene points when they did Movies years ago.
I just applied for a new Scene+ card for myself this morning,,, can't hurt to try it.
My son is the one who uses the PC card in our house.
Yep I am a big Xmas in July shopper! :santa: never too early.

BIG Hugs to you
Mel

You can redeem Scene points for some retail gift cards as well. I just never have enough to do so.

I've used Scene points at Swiss Chalet :) And earned some at Harveys. My dad has a scotiabank account and earns a lot of them, he's always redeeming for movies and such. It's an option any way! Since I was looking at Expedia for booking Universal in December/January so I can pay in CAD it might work out.
I also notice they are linked with Rakuten, you can earn in points or dollars (I think there's some restrictions about switching between the two) and Scene offers some bonuses there. Since I have never had good luck with airmilesshop online, that could help me out. Though my Rakuten current goes to PayPal which helps me pay for things like Disney+ or Netflix :) Ah well, like everyone else I'll be taking some time to evaluate the offers and programs. I am not keen to switch to PC only since I don't like getting groceries there. So many programs... The Canadian Tire money did get my son a new pair of Nike's recently for only $10 out of pocket, but I honestly have no idea how I even earned that!

So here's a really dumb question. Hubby has a Scene debit card. Does he have a Scene number somewhere? How do we find out what his number is? Is it written somewhere on Scotiabank? I did look, but couldn't find it.

So here's a really dumb question. Hubby has a Scene debit card. Does he have a Scene number somewhere? How do we find out what his number is? Is it written somewhere on Scotiabank? I did look, but couldn't find it.

He should have one. If he doesn't remember it I believe you can go to the Scene site and follow some "forgot my number" messages to get to it, then they will email it to you.

Just sharing
I found this article interesting
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...-miles/ar-AAYeuGM?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAggFp5

This statement in particular
"Air Miles will have the ability to expand into adjacent verticals, including mass merchants, convenience stores, dollar stores and other retailers that were previously precluded by the terms of the Sobeys contract," Horn said.
"We are in active discussions with grocers as well as those verticals that have been previously unavailable to us.”

Hugs
Mel

I was going to post that I just give up with all the reward programs. Mels last post might mean I wait and see how Airmiles plays out. It might just work out better for me(us) in the end. Sobeys is a bit far to get to these days with the price of gas so if there are other alternatives that might work out.

This is WAY WAY off topic but I need some help.
I have to make Disney Park reservations for next Feb. I couldn't book anything online, their system is a mess, so I had to call through. When all was said and done, everything booked, the CM told me that I should get on it and book my park reservations right away.
I can not, for the life of me, figure how to book parks. I have been in my Disney account looking around and I don't see anything.
Anyone have any thoughts? Can someone walk me through this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter