• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I went a bit out of my way on Saturday to a Jean Coutu. I had one specific product in mind that would allow me to make use of the "Spend 20, get 3x" Shop the Block coupon. Of course, that particular store (the only one that's not waaay out of my way) was out of stock on that item. I'm sure I could have found a way to spend $20 on other stuff, but my impatient 8-year-old was with me, I'm not a big drugstore shopper at the best of times, and having made a trip to Rexall recently, there really wasn't much we needed. So I left. Annoyed.

I needed another STB offer. I'm sure I could have found stuff at Staples or the Children's Place, but again, I've been to both of those stores recently, and there's nothing much we need. I could probably spend $100 at Metro, but it's not my regular grocery store, and finding $100 worth of groceries there that we need, want, and can't get cheaper at Costco or Farm Boy would be a stretch. Once in a long while I do drink gin, so I looked at the LCBO offer, but I really don't need $40 worth of gin, either. I almost caved on the Rexall snack products; no doubt we would have eaten them, but no way would I be buying it if not for the coupon.

We are visiting my family in Nova Scotia next weekend, so I decided to just have a peek at the Maritime offers. Where I found this little gem:

Get 15 Bonus Miles with every
95 Cash Miles you use for an Irving Oil eVoucher.

So, wait. I don't have to go to a store, don't have to buy anything I don't really want or need - don't even have to buy anything at all, actually. I just click some buttons, use some of those extra cash miles I accumulated by mistake, and get $10 off gas when I re-fill my rental next weekend? At the Irving right next to the airport that I very likely would have stopped at anyway? Count me in!

I am done:

Sobey's cheese
20x at Air Miles Shops
Redeem cash miles at Metro
Spend $50 at Staples
Spend $50 at The Children's Place
Redeem cash Miles at Irving
Roger's Magazines (gifts, which I've been thinking of doing for ages anyway)

Not so bad, but if they do this again next year, can someone PLEASE remind me that I don't want to do it?!! I'm lucky that I live within a 10 minute drive of at least 6 of the participating stores, and shop at most of those at least occasionally, but even so, there's just too much going on at this time of year. The extra hassle and details on top of everything else I have to think about is just not worth it. And the temptation to spend on stuff I really don't need or wouldn't otherwise buy is too strong. I don't exactly regret doing it, but I'm glad it's over.

Thanks for listening, and good luck to anyone who is still in the race!

I am NEVER switching back and forth between Cash and Dream again. I tried to switch back on Nov 25 before I went to the World. I didn't get the email telling me it had been processed so I didn't know it hadn't been processed (I didn't know I was supposed to get an email). Realized it hadn't made the change when I got back on Dec 3rd. Made the change back to 100%Dream. Will take effect on the 4h of Dec. Perfect my M/C posts on the 4th or 5th of the month. M/C posted a day early on the 3rd this month (something having to do with the 4th being a Sunday). Check my AM account today and see that they posted my AM to my Cash account on the 3rd (not to my Dream on the 4th or 5th). It was 227AM and I'm annoyed.

Called AM. They wipe there hands of the whole matter as it is M/C problem. Call M/C speak with a rep, then the rep's supervisor (mention I'm one of those crazy AM people). There's really nothing they can do either. But then! They say they will post the 227AM as a goodwill gesture to my account today. I can live with that. When I signed up for the M/C it was an upgrade from an existing card so I didn't get any of those lovely Bonus AM they were offering. This kind of makes up for some of that.

Bottom line is I am not bouncing back and forth between Cash and Dream ever again. Too much hassle.

AMEN to that! I'm not a fan of the whole cash-dream swapping and i won't be playing that game again either, too much effort for something i'm not using. I'll happily go back to saving up for dream rewards!

So, I've managed 3 Shop the Block purchases.

20X Airmiles on airmilesshops (did this 2 times, so hopefully at least one of them works)
2X Bothwell Cheddar at Sobeys
100 AM for 3 magazine through Rogers (got each of the kids a magazine subscription for Christmas - I only did this one because I had already decided to buy the magazines before I noticed that it was a coupon)

ListenUP can't get me in until after the promo ends. Metro and Foodland were busts. I might be done here. :(

So, I've managed 3 Shop the Block purchases.

20X Airmiles on airmilesshops (did this 2 times, so hopefully at least one of them works)
2X Bothwell Cheddar at Sobeys
100 AM for 3 magazine through Rogers (got each of the kids a magazine subscription for Christmas - I only did this one because I had already decided to buy the magazines before I noticed that it was a coupon)

ListenUP can't get me in until after the promo ends. Metro and Foodland were busts. I might be done here. :(
Sorry foodland was a bust, I was able to get 4 of the promos there.
\Good luck

Broadway Across Canada -Cinderella-package for Two-Vancouver ,Edmonton and Calgary
A night at the theatre just for Onyx Collectors! It's another benefit of being one of our best Collectors!

Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella is the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical from the creators of Oklahoma! and The King and I that's delighting audiences with its contemporary take on the classic tale. This lush production features an incredible orchestra, jaw-dropping transformations and all the moments you love-the pumpkin, the glass slipper, the masked ball and more-plus some surprising new twists! Be transported back to your childhood as you rediscover some of Rodgers + Hammerstein's most beloved songs, including "In My Own Little Corner", "Impossible/It's Possible" and "Ten Minutes Ago," in this hilarious and romantic Broadway experience for anyone who's ever had a wish, a dream... or a really great pair of shoes.

There are a total 15 packages available for AIR MILES Onyx Collectors for only one (1) mile.
the exclusive AIR MILES Package includes:

• 2 Best Available Price Level 2 Tickets (Orchestra or First Balcony)
  • 2 drink vouchers
  • 2 coat check vouchers

I airmile

Wish it were here in Toronto/Ontario
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Neptune Theatre Event for one (1) - 'I, Claudia' - Friday, February 17, 2017 at 7:30pm - Halifax
1 AM for our east coast friends good luck.

Remember to check the terms, the Halifax is for 1 ticket, but you can purchase more than one ticket. Hate to see someone only get one ticket and show up with 2 people.

My Rexall miles haven't posted yet from shopping on Sunday. I'm not that impatient, but it's never taken more than 24 hours before. The receipt only had bonus miles (30 for the STB coupon and another 5 that were on product). Hopefully they post soon. My only concern is that if they didn't post I have to chase them down to qualify for STB, so I'm watching carefully.

Speaking of miles that haven't posted. Has anyone received their 25AM for taking the Travel Insurance survey back in October?

I used STB Staples coupon on Sunday and the regular AM posted but not the bonus AM from the coupon. I can see the coupon on the receipt so I guess they are coming later. I get the feeling I will be calling AM about STB in February to prove my purchases.:(

pigletto, my AM from my Rexall shop yesterday just posted (24 hrs as usual).

Speaking of miles that haven't posted. Has anyone received their 25AM for taking the Travel Insurance survey back in October?

I used STB Staples coupon on Sunday and the regular AM posted but not the bonus AM from the coupon. I can see the coupon on the receipt so I guess they are coming later. I get the feeling I will be calling AM about STB in February to prove my purchases.:(

I just checked and the airmiles from the Rexall shop on Sunday are there.
But like you, only the regular Staples miles have posted, not the bonus coupon airmiles. I see the coupon on my receipt. I don't know how Staples usually posts their miles so I assume it's still coming. Fingers crossed.

Guys, how do I find this?

Broadway Across Canada -Cinderella-package for Two-Vancouver ,Edmonton and Calgary
A night at the theatre just for Onyx Collectors! It's another benefit of being one of our best Collectors!

Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella is the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical from the creators of Oklahoma! and The King and I that's delighting audiences with its contemporary take on the classic tale. This lush production features an incredible orchestra, jaw-dropping transformations and all the moments you love-the pumpkin, the glass slipper, the masked ball and more-plus some surprising new twists! Be transported back to your childhood as you rediscover some of Rodgers + Hammerstein's most beloved songs, including "In My Own Little Corner", "Impossible/It's Possible" and "Ten Minutes Ago," in this hilarious and romantic Broadway experience for anyone who's ever had a wish, a dream... or a really great pair of shoes.

There are a total 15 packages available for AIR MILES Onyx Collectors for only one (1) mile.

• 2 drink vouchers
  • 2 coat check vouchers

I airmile

Hugs Mel

Me either. Waiting 120 to complain - sorry make a claim!

Another data point:

Same, my Rexall posted as normal, including the STB bonus AM.

I had a Staples purchase (for work) and the regular AM posted but not the bonus STB coupon AMs.

Guys, how do I find this?
You have to be logged in. Use miles for travel. "Events Exclusive". It's on the second page. You're able to redeem for two packages. Vancouver is sold out.

These 1 AM offers are generally for Gold or Onyx collectors.

• 2 drink vouchers
  • 2 coat check vouchers

I airmile

Hugs Mel
Thank you BabaBear!
I got two of those packages for Calgary. My neice is thrilled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter