Ahsoka

46 min final and I have no notes. It was just a perfect series.

It could have been called Rebels (insert title here) because it wasn't really about Ahsoka it was about all of them. But it was fantastic

Love the Mortis Gods
Agree completely with the bolded statement. My wife and I are huge fans of both Rebels and the Clone Wars. To see these characters together again and continuing the story is great. Really looking forward to see where they go with it next.

Agree completely with the bolded statement. My wife and I are huge fans of both Rebels and the Clone Wars. To see these characters together again and continuing the story is great. Really looking forward to see where they go with it next.
I do not usually watch a lot of animated series... to be fair, I dont watch a lot of series of any type... drama... comedy... romantic, just hard with my schedule to fit it in. These Star Wars shows have been the exception. I made the effort to watch them (Clone Wars 7 seasons and the Rebels 4 seasons) prior to Ahsoka and I am so glad I did. Besides that they were great shows (Rebels is up in my top three Star Wars) , I do think it is a different experience having watched them before Ahsoka. While I think they have done a decent job of bringing background in when needed... it is definitely so much more fulfilling to have had that background of the animated shows. It is an impossible task to provide 11 seasons worth of background material as a few snippets of explanation here and the in Ahsoka. I have heard that some people felt lost and I can understand that... just like it might be difficult to tune into Return of the King without having seen/read the Fellowship or Towers first...

why did he dislike it so...; anyone/he ever say why?
I'd go ahead and google it, as there are quite few articles from earlier this year. , He expressed his reasons, and rationale behind it, went on and on about how he's done. I had hoped he was over-doing it to fake us out, but doesn't seem like it. He sure seemed intent on telling everyone he was done. I don't think it came across very well. Kinda lessened my opinion on him a bit, but I may have just read it the wrong way.
Although I think I still have some old magazines from the mid 80s, with Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford talking about how done with Star Wars they were too......lol

I do not usually watch a lot of animated series... to be fair, I dont watch a lot of series of any type... drama... comedy... romantic, just hard with my schedule to fit it in. These Star Wars shows have been the exception. I made the effort to watch them (Clone Wars 7 seasons and the Rebels 4 seasons) prior to Ahsoka and I am so glad I did. Besides that they were great shows (Rebels is up in my top three Star Wars) , I do think it is a different experience having watched them before Ahsoka. While I think they have done a decent job of bringing background in when needed... it is definitely so much more fulfilling to have had that background of the animated shows. It is an impossible task to provide 11 seasons worth of background material as a few snippets of explanation here and the in Ahsoka. I have heard that some people felt lost and I can understand that... just like it might be difficult to tune into Return of the King without having seen/read the Fellowship or Towers first...
Totally agree with this. I dont' watch a lot of animated series, (do enjoy Bob's Burgers, and King of the Hill and Futurama,) but Clone Wars and Rebels are SO, SO worth it.
Clone Wars not only introduced so many awesome characters: Ahsoka, Hondo, many backstories of the different clones, Mortis gods, Ventress, Savage Opress, so many Mandalorians, Bo-Katan, Saw Guerrera, but it also brought MUCH more depth to so many characters that was completely not done at all in the prequels: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Maul, Dooku, Rex. Obi wan and Maul became a couple of my all time favorite characters due to Clone wars. There are plenty of silly, fluffy episodes, but some are VERY gritty and dark. Same with Rebels.
Might seem daunting to start such long series, but so worth it by the end.

I was thinking about who they could recast as Baylan after watching the season finale- Liev Schreiber seems like the first person they should call
I was thinking Winston Duke. Same large man energy, give him a few more gray hairs.

And of course, if you enjoyed Ray Stevenson in this, but have never watched Rome, GO WATCH ROME. It was fantastic and he was great in it.

I was thinking about who they could recast as Baylan after watching the season finale- Liev Schreiber seems like the first person they should call
interesting, I could see him
I was thinking Winston Duke. Same large man energy, give him a few more gray hairs.

Winston is in 30s, Ray was almost 60.
Liam Cunningham could be another contender for recasting, he plays a good grizzled bearded conflicted older man.

When shooting these shows/films, there is plenty of footage that does not end up getting used, sometimes stuff that got tossed or depending on how the editing went, may even be future stuff not used yet. So who knows what they have still of Ray as Baylan still to come.

I got to see Ahsoka for the first time and I think it shows a lot of promise and Rosario Dawson brings Ahsoka to life so well and I can see why there will be a Season 2 planned because judging by the first episode Ahsoka will replace The Mandalorian as the top Star Wars series. I can't wait to see what Episode 2 has in store

I saw the second episode of Ahsoka and Ahsoka really has a lot of action in this episode and I can honestly say they did a really cool job on the fighting scenes and it was all top-notch. I was surprised that David Tennant guest starred in this episode of Ahsoka as well as the late Ray Stevenson and as a fan of David Tennant since Doctor Who David showed his skills so great in this episode. Can't wait to see Episode 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter