Adult only restaurants...dare I suggest it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow - very well said Katie.
I was a waitress for ten years. I worked in family restaurants and higher end restaurants, and one thing that I want to point out is there are great kids out there and then there are terrible parents out there. I have seen children who are angels and then I have seen the other extreme. Sometimes parents just don't care, and that used to infuriate me as a server. One poster said that the waiter started to entertain the kids when they started acting out. I used to do that. Why? because my income suffered when the parents ignore their lively children. Other patrons don't enjoy their meals as much and therefore my tips, which I lived off of, go down. So, to distract the children and calm them down was a way for me to make a living. Sometimes, I felt like I was a daycare worker.
Also, in my hometown, we have adult only restaurants. They are fantastic and they go off really well. When my girls and me, many who are parents, get together, we sometimes go to those restaurants - it helps them to escape without the constant reminder of their children. They are not bars, they are restaurants. I don't think it really is such a bad idea for Disney to offer the same thing. With all the options for families, is it so bad to offer one option for adults only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter