Adobe Photoshop Elements

misse336

Mouseketeer
Does anyone use this program? Is it easy to use for editing pictures? If you've used Lightroom and Elements, are the edits you can complete similar?

The version of Lightroom that I have is not compatible with my new computer and I do not want to invest in a monthly subscription.

I have Lightroom and Photoshop Elements. I just never clicked with PSE. It doesn't feel intuitive to me like Lightroom does. I'm struggling with this as well. I need a new camera soon, but can't do it because I don't want to invest in a monthly subscription.

Just curious, what operating system did you get that isn't compatible with your Lightroom?

I have Lightroom and Photoshop Elements. I just never clicked with PSE. It doesn't feel intuitive to me like Lightroom does. I'm struggling with this as well. I need a new camera soon, but can't do it because I don't want to invest in a monthly subscription.

Just curious, what operating system did you get that isn't compatible with your Lightroom?

Thanks for your opinion. Can you do the same edits with it?

I got a new MacBook. I forget why dh said it wouldn't work (he was on the phone with cs for a loooong time trying to figure it out), but it was confirmed by the company that while it worked with my old 10 year old laptop it would not work with my current one.

I have used Photoshop Elements since the very first year it came out and it is my go-to program for editing. I do use Lightroom to initially process my pics since they are taken in Raw format then I often import into PSE to do the final editing since it is easier for me. Yes, extra time and effort but the process works for me. I'm sure Lightroom would be easier for me if I put the time in to master the same editing I do in PSE :)

I think it is relatively simple to brighten dark pics, to straighten horizons and remove distracting items in a photo using PSE. Those are the first editing skills I mastered. And when I run into a problem I often turn to YouTube for good videos showing the technique.

Last edited:

I switched from photoshop to Affinity photo. 95% similar. You can buy for around $30 when on sale. Its $54 now. Includes updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter