Addonitis Math

I didn't make it on this last time. My husband said it was great. But I was worried it could make me feel sick. Kind of want to try it next time though.

How did things go with that VGC offer??

We would have used our VGC points at SSR this past January if we hadn't gotten into BRV instead. 😁
They weren’t even interested in countering. I suspect they will wait a few months because there are a lot of larger contracts on the market.

Did you by any chance post this in the Rejected Offers thread? I've be curious to hear the details. Even though we're only waiting around for a small contract...I still find it interesting to watch all the VGC contracts.

I'll have to track the thread down and look then. Thanks!

Bummer that they didn't take it though.

My partner gets motion sickness on many screen based or spinning rides (and guardians has both elements), so he got a prescription motion sickness patch from his doctor to wear behind his ear - he wore them during our last trip and no motion sicknesses on Guardians or any of the rides he went on.
My first ride we'd come off an early AM flight and I was hot, tired and probably dehydrated. I didn't throw up or anything, but I didn't feel quite right after getting off, either. The next several times, as long as I wasn't dehydrated or tired, it was tremendous fun. I get carsick very easily, and mission space orange is not fun for me, if that helps.

Guardians didn't bother me one bit. Remmy on the other hand was another story. I don't generally get carsick/motion sickness, but Remmy and Mission Space (not even the more intense version) had me pretty out of sorts.

My first ride we'd come off an early AM flight and I was hot, tired and probably dehydrated. I didn't throw up or anything, but I didn't feel quite right after getting off, either. The next several times, as long as I wasn't dehydrated or tired, it was tremendous fun. I get carsick very easily, and mission space orange is not fun for me, if that helps.
The first few times I went on Cosmic Rewind I was certain I'd be sick for the first 5 seconds of the ride and then immediately feel better after we left the launch room (trying not to ruin it for those who want to be surprised)... but around the 2nd or 3rd trip we took after it opened I stopped noticing it at all. I can do both Mission Space versions (and all non-loop coasters) OK, but I do get car sick much easier than the average American.

The first few times I went on Cosmic Rewind I was certain I'd be sick for the first 5 seconds of the ride and then immediately feel better after we left the launch room (trying not to ruin it for those who want to be surprised)... but around the 2nd or 3rd trip we took after it opened I stopped noticing it at all. I can do both Mission Space versions (and all non-loop coasters) OK, but I do get car sick much easier than the average American.
Have you ever tried one of the motion sickness patches you can get a prescription for? I’m wondering if I need to look into one of those.

Harry Potter at Universal Hollywood is a no-go for me, which is disappointing because I loved the Harry Potter books….

Have you ever tried one of the motion sickness patches you can get a prescription for? I’m wondering if I need to look into one of those.

Harry Potter at Universal Hollywood is a no-go for me, which is disappointing because I loved the Harry Potter books….
I’ve never needed motion sickness patches on rollercoasters…I tend to avoid the rides that spin really fast in a tight circle. If you look at the cosmic rewind specific thread, people seem to think that motion sickness meds helped them.

I know some of you are even better with spreadsheets and valuations than I am, so I thought I’d throw this out there:

Today I bought 3 one time use points from DVC, and then I was thinking, “maybe I should just buy all 48, in case I need them” and THEN I was thinking “wait, if I’m paying $20/pt for one time SAPs, maybe I should just pay $70-80 per points for SAPs until the end of 2042/2057/etc.”

I think that you work out to paying like $11/pt/yr including dues. Am I thinking about this right? 🤔
Funny how that logic works its way through your brain, isn't it? :wizard: Good luck with your decision.

That one of the HP rides is probably the worst offender, Hagrid's is far more enjoyable IMO. I don't even bother with forbidden journey most of the time. The Gringott's ride can make you feel a little bit dizzy as well but it's still better than Forbidden Journey.

Are you referring to the scopolamine patch? It induces intense thirst for me. I used it during a cruise once and found myself constantly drinking water. I even experienced dizziness for a couple of days after we got off the ship.

I've been prone to motion sickness since childhood, though it improved in my 20s, it's resurfacing now. Taking half a Dramamine every day when we hit the parks seems effective. It prevents nausea without feeling drowsy.

Surprisingly, I didn't experience motion sickness on Guardians (of course with Dramamine)! However, rides like Space Mountain (rode this all the time in my 20's without issue!) and Expedition Everest really affect me now. It's the motion in total darkness that triggers my nausea.

My partner gets motion sickness on many screen based or spinning rides (and guardians has both elements), so he got a prescription motion sickness patch from his doctor to wear behind his ear - he wore them during our last trip and no motion sicknesses on Guardians or any of the rides he went on.

I've gone on all rides at Disney just fine but there's only one that made me feel any queasiness this last trip and that was a very specific new story I experienced for the first time in Star Tours. Our ship "landed" in the rough waters (I'm assuming the raging sea fight in Last Jedi) and it really simulated being in a boat in the roughest of storms. THAT makes me sick...I hate being on a small boat in very rough wavy waters! It was my kid's first time on the ride and he got sick too and now refuses to go on it! And I love Star Tours but I agree with him I may pass just in case I get that scene again. Sometimes zero forethought goes into some attractions!

Are you referring to the scopolamine patch? It induces intense thirst for me. I used it during a cruise once and found myself constantly drinking water. I even experienced dizziness for a couple of days after we got off the ship.

I've been prone to motion sickness since childhood, though it improved in my 20s, it's resurfacing now. Taking half a Dramamine every day when we hit the parks seems effective. It prevents nausea without feeling drowsy.

Surprisingly, I didn't experience motion sickness on Guardians (of course with Dramamine)! However, rides like Space Mountain (rode this all the time in my 20's without issue!) and Expedition Everest really affect me now. It's the motion in total darkness that triggers my nausea.
That’s sounds rough!

I know when I first started playing Meta Quest games I would get an awful dizziness after a while…. now nothing happens… so maybe it its just retraining my brain….

I’ll try the Dramamine… I don’t want to constantly be looking for the bathroom while standing in line….

That one of the HP rides is probably the worst offender, Hagrid's is far more enjoyable IMO. I don't even bother with forbidden journey most of the time. The Gringott's ride can make you feel a little bit dizzy as well but it's still better than Forbidden Journey.
Not to brag but one time I rode Forbidden Journey 3x in a row since there was no queue and felt perfectly fine:cool:

I’m more of a Velocicoaster 3x in a row person if the profile picture and name didn’t give it away😬
It did! I love Velocicoaster. But it was semi-offline with very long waits last time I was there. Made me sad.

It did! I love Velocicoaster. But it was semi-offline with very long waits last time I was there. Made me sad.
Sadly what you just said is extremely typical of Intamin roller coasters although they've been more reliable lately :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter