Addonitis Math

We did 3/1 Epcot. We are HUGE cosmic rewind fans. We did two character greetings (Mushu and Starlord/Gamora) and spent the rest of the nite doing cosmic rewind…oh, we ate the free ice cream bars while waiting to meet characters.
I love Cosmic Rewind. Like LOVE LOVELOVE IT. But I brought a friend who was essentially a WDW first timer - (over 60, last was there as a teen) - and she gamely went on GotG *once* with me, and that was all I got.

I loved Epcot MM and if we both hadn't been up early that day (our arrival day) we would have stayed longer. We were there from around 7-11, went on GotG, watched 2 sets of fireworks, Donald ride, stood in a nonmoving Frozen ride line, Remy. We spent some time running around using our snack coupons. I do wish we could have stayed longer and gone on GotG more but she was one and done.

Y’all continue to be my kind of people cause this is the kind of enabling I’m here for. I’ve got tons of Delta pts and LGA is 30 mins away. It’s pretty much a free trip to WDW if you ask me ::yes::
Ha hello neighbor! I too am roughly 30 minutes from LGA...well...without any traffic and we both know that's never, as well as a collector of Delta miles. So yeah we're all enablers.

The silver lining of having spent my whole life in NY or CA is that Disney table service restaurants seem down right reasonable for what you get. 🤣

I always joke to husband on DCL cruises that the wine mark-up is (shockingly) less than 100% and “that’s where we make our money back.”
If you actually compare what you get at Disney compared to other theme parks around the country, for the quality and quantity of food you get which most of the time is not even offered at other parks I’d actually argue Disney table service is a good value comparatively. Expensive yes, but I could pay 17 dollars for a salad bowl from Satuli Canteen with fresh veggies, protein and slaw and etc. vs. getting 3 chicken tenders and fries for 18 dollars at Six Flags.

If you actually compare what you get at Disney compared to other theme parks around the country, for the quality and quantity of food you get which most of the time is not even offered at other parks I’d actually argue Disney table service is a good value comparatively. Expensive yes, but I could pay 17 dollars for a salad bowl from Satuli Canteen with fresh veggies, protein and slaw and etc. vs. getting 3 chicken tenders and fries for 18 dollars at Six Flags.
You’re preaching to the choir my friend. Though the character dining pricing is getting a little out of control.

You’re preaching to the choir my friend. Though the character dining pricing is getting a little out of control.
And the Cape May Buffet now has a separate up-charge if you want to include the crab-legs !
Other than that, I agree that the QS prices are not excessive. The DW usually gets the kid-check meals, which is more food than she usually eats at one setting, making them a great value.

And the Cape May Buffet now has a separate up-charge if you want to include the crab-legs !
Other than that, I agree that the QS prices are not excessive. The DW usually gets the kid-check meals, which is more food than she usually eats at one setting, making them a great value.
I’ve never made it to Cape May Buffet but my MIL took our kids there once while we went on a date at Monsieur Paul and they raved about it. I would be so irritated to arrive and have an up charge— are they Alaskan king crab or something?

I do think the kids meal prices everywhere are a great value and it’s usually more than I can eat. I get a kids meal item at least 50% of the time we do quick service. 🤣

I’ve never made it to Cape May Buffet but my MIL took our kids there once while we went on a date at Monsieur Paul and they raved about it. I would be so irritated to arrive and have an up charge— are they Alaskan king crab or something?

I do think the kids meal prices everywhere are a great value and it’s usually more than I can eat. I get a kids meal item at least 50% of the time we do quick service. 🤣
Yes - Alaskan King Crab Legs - with an upcharge of about $30, if I remember correctly.
Another interesting situation popped up on our last trip. Friends invited us to Space220.
The food was amazing and, even though our friends footed the bill, I had checked the prices. They were expensive, but not astronomical (pun intended), but iced-tea was not included.
I'm thinking that Iced tea is probably about 5 cents more expensive than water !? :)
You can get water, iced tea, and coffee in just about any mug or cup you bring into the resort QS-refill stations.
Iced tea, coffee, and water were available free on DCL.
Why would they be so stingy with the iced-tea at an already over-priced restaurant ??
We all had to laugh, because we all just drank water, even though we really did want iced tea! :D
I was not about to order one, since I was not paying, and I was tickled by our frined who would have had no financial worry about paying for the iced-tea, but refused to order it "on principle" :P

Yes - Alaskan King Crab Legs - with an upcharge of about $30, if I remember correctly.
Another interesting situation popped up on our last trip. Friends invited us to Space220.
The food was amazing and, even though our friends footed the bill, I had checked the prices. They were expensive, but not astronomical (pun intended), but iced-tea was not included.
I'm thinking that Iced tea is probably about 5 cents more expensive than water !? :)
You can get water, iced tea, and coffee in just about any mug or cup you bring into the resort QS-refill stations.
Iced tea, coffee, and water were available free on DCL.
Why would they be so stingy with the iced-tea at an already over-priced restaurant ??
We all had to laugh, because we all just drank water, even though we really did want iced tea! :D
I was not about to order one, since I was not paying, and I was tickled by our frined who would have had no financial worry about paying for the iced-tea, but refused to order it "on principle" :P
We also enjoy Space 220, but have not encountered that problem since we either get water or the specialty drinks…but it does seem like offering practically free ice tea and even soda would be a nice touch.

Expensive yes, but I could pay 17 dollars for a salad bowl from Satuli Canteen with fresh veggies, protein and slaw and etc. vs. getting 3 chicken tenders and fries for 18 dollars at Six Flags.
That's how much a Sweetgreen salad costs here, also not really 30 minutes from LGA but somewhat close.

I'm lifetime elite on AA so we still get elite perks on a basic economy fare - last summer I think we even flew to WDW for the 4 of us for a grand total of $250 - between a travel credit and basic economy. With APs, DVC and food discounts, it probably cost less to go to WDW that trip than to staycation!

That's how much a Sweetgreen salad costs here, also not really 30 minutes from LGA but somewhat close.

I'm lifetime elite on AA so we still get elite perks on a basic economy fare - last summer I think we even flew to WDW for the 4 of us for a grand total of $250 - between a travel credit and basic economy. With APs, DVC and food discounts, it probably cost less to go to WDW that trip than to staycation!
I am a million miler on AA— can you really select your seat when flying basic economy?! Currently we are a higher tier with Delta and I avoid basic economy because I don’t believe any perks are included.

I am a million miler on AA— can you really select your seat when flying basic economy?! Currently we are a higher tier with Delta and I avoid basic economy because I don’t believe any perks are included.
Yes! It's not super clear when you book and there are tons of warnings, but you can choose the extended leg room seats at the front of the plane, have early boarding as well as the same checked and carry on baggage rules that would apply with a regular fare. The only hiccup I've seen is (occasionally) an agent telling me I'm not eligible for the complimentary upgrades, or not showing up on the UG list until making a call.

The thing I AM a little bummed about is since AA and JetBlue had to discontinue their codeshare arrangement, we have to choose between nonstop but no status (JetBlue) or connection with status.
^^ first world road warrior problems

Yes! It's not super clear when you book and there are tons of warnings, but you can choose the extended leg room seats at the front of the plane, have early boarding as well as the same checked and carry on baggage rules that would apply with a regular fare. The only hiccup I've seen is (occasionally) an agent telling me I'm not eligible for the complimentary upgrades, or not showing up on the UG list until making a call.

The thing I AM a little bummed about is since AA and JetBlue had to discontinue their codeshare arrangement, we have to choose between nonstop but no status (JetBlue) or connection with status.
Wow, that's awesome. I'm pretty confident Delta does actually screw us on that stuff, but I'm too afraid to try it.

I am a million miler on AA— can you really select your seat when flying basic economy?! Currently we are a higher tier with Delta and I avoid basic economy because I don’t believe any perks are included

Million miler is lifetime gold so you would only get preferred seat selection at booking, main cabin extra (extra legroom) at checkin if there are any left. But yes, AA treats status basic economy passengers pretty well. I'd rather have a fare that accrues more miles and isn't use-it-or-lose-it, but when I do roll the dice the onboard experience is no different than any other fare.

Last edited:
Soooo, speaking of addonitis, is it super common that you already want to buy another contract while your first is still in ROFR review and you really didn't even neeeeed the first one? :badpc:
You are among friends here, my friend. I went from 0-3 contracts in less than 5 months. 0-4 in less than a year…. But I’ve been on very good behavior since September. 😇

We went from 0-6 contracts in about 2 years. Then the pandemic happened. Then the VGF sale last summer happened. It's been almost a year and I haven't seen any "deals" that I want to act on. But I also haven't turned off my text alerts for VGC contracts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter