Activating DVC Annual Pass

I'm still curious if anyone tries to use DVC AP vouchers that were bought for the Gold AP and not a current one, such as the Sorcerers. I was the one who was told they needed to be activated prior to 12/31/23 or $ would have to be added to make them current, or a refund could be issued. DH and I upgraded our vouchers at GS at Epcot in October, free of charge, and will be using them again in April.

I bought two sorcerer AP's, one for myself and one for my wife. (we are direct purchasers and are both on the deed.) I bought mine online, but I had to call MS for my wife's since I was upgrading a date based ticket she did not use on a previous trip where we had moved the ticket dates forward so it would still show in MDE.
In MDE her AP appears with a blue background and says "Disney Vacation Club Member Disney Sorcerer Pass (Ages 10+)."
In MDE my AP has the same language quoted above but appears with an orange background and includes additional wording in red type below the barcode that says, "NOT VALID FOR ADMISSION Must show ID at ticket window before using."
It seems MS verified her eligibility when they assigned her AP to her MDE profile, but the system did not auto-verify my eligibility when I bought online, even though I assigned it to my MDE account which shows DVC Y.
I therefore assume if you purchase by calling MS you are good to go, but if you purchase online you need to show ID before the first use.

Last edited:
I bought two sorcerer AP's, one for myself and one for my wife. (we are direct purchasers and are both on the deed.) I bought mine online, but I had to call MS for my wife's since I was upgrading a date based ticket she did not use on a previous trip where we had moved the ticket dates forward so it would still show in MDE.
In MDE her AP appears with a blue background and says "Disney Vacation Club Member Disney Sorcerer Pass (Ages 10+)."
In MDE my AP has the same language quoted above but appears with an orange background and includes additional wording in red type below the barcode that says, "NOT VALID FOR ADMISSION Must show ID at ticket window before using."
It seems MS verified her eligibility when they assigned her AP to her MDE profile, but the system did not auto-verify my eligibility when I bought online, even though I assigned it to my MDE account which shows DVC Y.
I therefore assume if you purchase by calling MS you are good to go, but if you purchase online you need to show ID before the first use.
And we purchased ours online.
My guess is we would still have to verify either way for our son- he is living with us but not on the deed, so we'd have to confirm the address.
Great investigative skills- that makes perfect sense.

Last Friday I activated the new AP I bought in September. I went to the ticket window at the International Gateway. I had to show Photo ID and she asked to see my Wallet that shows DVC Membership. I am direct so I’m not sure if she specifically looked for DVC-Y.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter