About how long is the walk from Saratoga Springs to Disney Springs?

SaraVee

Mouseketeer
On my upcoming trip, I want to travel from Animal Kingdom to Disney Springs (too early in the day for the bus to be running that route), and folks have suggested going to Saratoga for the most efficient way to get there (aside from Minnie Van/Uber).

Wondering if anyone has done the walk from Saratoga to Disney Springs and about how long it is? Is waiting for the boat that goes between better?

Thanks!

We've made the walk from SSR to DS many times and it takes us all of 10 minutes. This said, we've always had rooms in Congress Park, which is close to DS.

Kinda depends on where in Disney Springs you're looking to go.

From the Congress Park bus stop (that's the second to last stop at SSR, I believe), it's less than a 10 min walk to the Marketplace end of Disney Springs.

If your goal is someplace over on the Westside, the boat may be quicker than walking. But the boat you'd want is not the one at SSR, its the one at the Marketplace boat dock, and you go right by it on the path from SSR to DS. That boat (the red line) goes from the Marketplace to Westside, then to the Landing, then back to Marketplace.

The boat from SSR (in the Springs section of the resort) is the blue line and only goes from SSR to the Landing.

Boats leave the dock about every 20 min

Steve

I've never timed it, but if you get off the bus at Congress Park and walk over, it's about 10 minutes. That will place you in the Marketplace.

We have walked from the Carriage House around through the golf course many times. It's a nice walk, probably 10 minutes to get to the House of Blues, if you're over on the Grandstand side.

Kinda depends on where in Disney Springs you're looking to go.

From the Congress Park bus stop (that's the second to last stop at SSR, I believe), it's less than a 10 min walk to the Marketplace end of Disney Springs.

If your goal is someplace over on the Westside, the boat may be quicker than walking. But the boat you'd want is not the one at SSR, its the one at the Marketplace boat dock, and you go right by it on the path from SSR to DS. That boat (the red line) goes from the Marketplace to Westside, then to the Landing, then back to Marketplace.

The boat from SSR (in the Springs section of the resort) is the blue line and only goes from SSR to the Landing.

Boats leave the dock about every 20 min

Steve

That is very helpful, thank you!

I've done this many, many times, and everyone is correct. To confirm, if you are looking for the West Side, your bus stop will be the Springs - which is the main bus stop by the check in building/pool complex/etc. You then walk past the boat stop, along the golf course trails a bit and along the parking lot beyond the Cirque du Soleil tent. The walks (Congress Park stop to Marketplace and Springs to West Side are about the same).

A little tip - assuming you're doing West Side, the Landing or Town Center first, I will often get off at the Springs, walk by the boat to see if it's nearby and then walk if not. If the boat is right there, it's typically only a few minutes more to ride.

I've done this many, many times, and everyone is correct. To confirm, if you are looking for the West Side, your bus stop will be the Springs - which is the main bus stop by the check in building/pool complex/etc. You then walk past the boat stop, along the golf course trails a bit and along the parking lot beyond the Cirque du Soleil tent. The walks (Congress Park stop to Marketplace and Springs to West Side are about the same).

A little tip - assuming you're doing West Side, the Landing or Town Center first, I will often get off at the Springs, walk by the boat to see if it's nearby and then walk if not. If the boat is right there, it's typically only a few minutes more to ride.

All the info here helps ease my mind about getting around this day - thank you!

Just don't walk across the golf course and don't use the cart paths for walking. Stay on sidewalks.

On my upcoming trip, I want to travel from Animal Kingdom to Disney Springs (too early in the day for the bus to be running that route)

Just as an FYI...buses do not travel from parks to DS, or vice versa...no matter what time of day it is.

Since the time or walking distance appears to matter - just take a bus to any resort, then another bus to DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter