ABCs of Disney Swap - Group Alpha **Gone Postal**

Hi All!

Thanks for doing such a great job checking in on a regular basis. I appreciate the updates.

I'm actually kind of concerned about a couple of our swappers. Tomorrow is the deadline and I have not heard from Mom2Madi or DLCharmedOne. I've sent both messages and emails with no response. Mom2Madi hasn't been on since last Tuesday so I'm not totally stressing yet. DLCharmedOne hasn't been on since October 18 so I'm very stressed.

I wouldn't be stressing if it were any other kind of swap than the ABC one but it will throw us all off if we don't have their letters. Does anyone have ideas on what we should do? I'm a new hostess so I have no experience in how to deal with these situations. :guilty:

I've been in swaps w/them before and there hasn't been a problem so this is kind of odd, I hope they're doing okay... I believe Disneyland_Emily is friends w/DLCharmedone, maybe you could pm her and see? Just a thought...

Hi All!

Mail Call is updated in the first post. I also wanted to let everyone know that I have heard from DLCharmedOne and that her stuff was shipped last Saturday so we are all good there. I'm just waiting to hear from Mom2Madi. So, has anyone seen her around or know how to get in touch with her? :guilty:

Hi Shauna! Any word on Mom2Madi? I just noticed I never posted the elements I was doing... sorry! :( I'm guessing (and hoping) you received mine and Sarahzee's by now.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's! :Pinkbounc

Hi All!

Mail Call has been updated on the first post. Great job in getting your stuff sent in, everyone!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have some bad news and I need everyone's input on this. I have send multiple emails and PMs to Mom2Madi and she has not replied to any of them. She has also not been seen on the board since October 26. How would you all like to handle this? I see that we have a couple of options:

1) We open up the spot to an angel provided that we can get one. This will significantly delay mailing.
2) We ship without her letters and everyone gets back their extra pieces. This will mean that we will potentially be ready to ship within the next few days when I receive the last two packages.

Please let me know what you think we should do and if you can think of another option not listed. Thanks again for your patience with me. This is the first swap I've hosted and it's been fun but I don't really know how to deal with these types of situations yet. Any input is appreciated!!

Tough call. I guess I could go either way. Depends on how long it would take a substitute person to finish the elements for her letters. It is getting close to the holidays, and I know people will start getting busy. On the other hand, we can all just do our own elements for those two letters that are missing in our own time. I guess I'm leaning more towards the second option, huh? Send them out and we can finish the missing two.
But either way is fine with me. I'm in no rush to get the pieces. Lord knows I haven't scrapped anything in months. I do more shopping and swapping than anything else!! :rotfl:
Sorry to be of no help at all. :confused3

my first choice would be to just get the other letters now and we can do our own stuff for those two letters, but I'll be fine with whatever....

Although I'm not in a hurry to get items back, I think I'd say send back what you have... only because I'm okay with making my own "N" and "Q"... not sure if I would have selected night time and quiet times for my own ABC book anyway, so making up my own N and Q are fine...

Hi All!

Just a quick update. We have one participant who shipped a couple of days ago due to a health issue and another due to a business trip. I should receive both in the next few days. As soon as I get them, I will be sending back without the other two letters. At this point, I don't feel comfortable holding it up any more.

Thank you all for your patience. I think I can honestly say that you will all enjoy the results of this swap. Everyone did a phenomenal job!

Cheers!

That sounds great. This was my first scrapbooking swap so I can't wait to see what everyone did. I have my album already to go so all I need to do is decide on pictures and put it together.

My T & U swap items were mailed Express Mail yesterday and they will be delivered before 3 p.m. Saturday.

I am very sorry for holding this swap up. I have either been at trainings or giving trainings at work and my life at home is currently upside down due to a family problem that we are trying to get resolved. My fun, creative time has disappeared. I am supposed to go and scrap with some friends this weeked and I am crossing my fingers that I can go for at least a couple of hours.

In the meantime, I would appreciate any prayers for God's wisdom and patience in dealing with our dd.

Thank you.

Deleted 'cause I am confused! Does anyone doubt me on this? :rotfl:

I can wait, as long as we know something is "on the way". It's worse when we don't know the status of missing stuff.

Would love to see your work SweetMaxine!

BTW-- what size layouts does everyone plan to do with their pieces? I'm thinking maybe 1 page 12x12.

TPCShauna said:
Hi Ladies!

I have a question for y'all. Sweet Maxine has expressed interest in taking over our missing spot. At this point, I am only waiting on 1 more package. I should receive the missing package in the next few days and can get the items out shortly thereafter.

The alternative is that we would wait a little bit longer and give our scrapping buddy a chance to participate. It is completely up to all of you what we do. My vote is to allow her to participate since she does beautiful work and is just a nice person to boot but I will go with the majority's opinion on this since you have all waited long enough.

Let me know your thoughts. Talk to you soon!

sure....since the chance of me actually scrapping anytime soon is about zilch, I don't mind waiting! Thanks for offering, SweetMaxine! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter