***ABC Holiday Specials: Taping Begins November 3rd

I can't believe they still haven't announced anything. We leave in 3 days and my MK day is still up in the air! :(

The Times Guide for the week of November 5th should be out in the Resorts on Friday. Hopefully someone will be able to post it.

Everyone with Hub access is checking for info and still no new info at all. Last year People.com listed the celebrities and nothing there either.

The Times Guide for the week of November 5th should be out in the Resorts on Friday. Hopefully someone will be able to post it.

Everyone with Hub access is checking for info and still no new info at all. Last year People.com listed the celebrities and nothing there either.
Still trying to decide if we should make the drive over or not. Need to cancel my room by today. If you hear anything, let me know.

The only other bit of info is showing up on the MK overnight rehearsal schedule that’s been posted on blogs:
  • November 5 into 6: Overnight filming
Unknown if it’s the final rehearsal for the filming on the 6th or an actual filming. Character performers for the MK segment are in rehearsals on Friday and Saturday with a 3rd day scheduled for the 5th.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/overnight-rehearsals-taking-place-at-walt-disney-world/
Thanks for the info! Does this mean no interruption to daytime events on 11/5?

Thanks for the info! Does this mean no interruption to daytime events on 11/5?
That’s still unknown.

All the info regarding what was downed for AK came from the Times Guide. So, if Disney stays with that mode of info, it will be Friday at the earliest when anyone knows anything for MK.

For tomorrow, November 3rd, this should be taking place:

Broadway’s Telly Leung and Arielle Jacobs, of the stage hit “Aladdin,” perform “A Whole New World” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Chipandco.com has provided more details for the shows but not for specific filming scheduling:

“The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration” (Thursday, Nov. 30, from 9:00–11:00 p.m. EST on The ABC Television Network and on the ABC app) – Join Emmy®Award winner Julianne Hough and multiplatinum recording artist and television personality, Nick Lachey, as they host the magical two-hour event from the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. They join co-host, Jesse Palmer, to kick off the holiday season in a way only Disney can, showcasing incredible music performances, special appearances and some unforgettable Disney magic moments including an extraordinary castle lighting spectacular from Disney Parks around the world – traveling the globe from Lake Buena Vista, Florida, and Anaheim, California, to Paris, Shanghai and Hong Kong.

Musical performances include:

• Ciara performs a joyful Christmas medley from Cinderella Castle.
  • Grammy Award-winning country artist Darius Rucker sings “Winter Wonderland.”
  • Multiplatinum-selling group Fifth Harmony sings “Can You See,” from “The Star” soundtrack, plus “The Christmas Song.”
  • Fitz and the Tantrums performs their platinum-certified hit, “HandClap,” in addition to their original Christmas song, “Santa Stole My Lady.”
  • Multi-Grammy-nominated trio, Hanson,will light up the night singing “Finally It’s Christmas,” from their recently released Christmas album.
  • In Real Life, the only boy band in history voted together by America, will sing “I’ll Be Home for Christmas.”
  • Multiplatinum powerhouse Jason Deruloperforms “This Christmas.”
  • Emmy-nominated actress and singer Lea Michele joins the festivities with “Baby It’s Cold Outside.”
Additional performances will be announced in the coming weeks.

MAGICALCHRISTMAS_FEATUREDIMAGE-936x482-700x360.jpg

“Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration” (Monday, Dec. 25, from 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. EST, 9:00-11:00 a.m. CST/MST/PST; airtimes vary, check listings, on The ABC Television Network and on the ABC app) – This Christmas, Disney Parks celebrates the joy of the holiday season, as hosts Julianne Hough and Nick Lachey take viewers on a magical ride down Main Street, U.S.A. and beyond. Co-hosted by Jesse Palmer, the Christmas Day celebration will be brighter than ever before, bringing together the beloved Christmas Day parade, magical musical performances, surprise celebrity guests and heartwarming family stories to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year.

Musical performances include:

• Ciara sings “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” from Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.
  • Darius Rucker decks the halls with a holiday song from his Christmas album, “Home for The Holidays.”
  • Fifth Harmony takes us on a magical “Sleigh Ride.”
  • Fitz and the Tantrums perform the popular Christmas hit “Last Christmas.”
  • Jason Derulo sings “Silent Night” from Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Resort.
  • Lea Michele sings the holiday favorite “Let It Snow.”
  • 98° heats things up with their new song, “Season of Love,” from “Let It Snow,” their first full-length Christmas album in 18 years.
  • Broadway’s Telly Leung and Arielle Jacobs, of the stage hit “Aladdin,” soar down to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a romantic performance of the Oscar®-winning classic “A Whole New World.”
Additional performances will be announced in the coming weeks.

The holiday specials are a collaboration by Disney Parks, ABC Entertainment and IMG.

From wdwmagic.com - Scheduling changes for MK:

“Friday November 3 through Tuesday November 7 at the Magic Kingdom
Although shooting takes place November 5 - 7 at the Magic Kingdom, staging and other work will prevent some shows from taking place.

Friday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin.

Saturday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin or Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire.

Sunday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party and Once Upon a Time

Monday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Once Upon a Time.

Tuesday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Once Upon a Time.”

From wdwmagic.com - Scheduling changes for MK:

“Friday November 3 through Tuesday November 7 at the Magic Kingdom
Although shooting takes place November 5 - 7 at the Magic Kingdom, staging and other work will prevent some shows from taking place.

Friday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin.

Saturday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin or Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire.

Sunday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party and Once Upon a Time

Monday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Once Upon a Time.

Tuesday
No performance of the welcome show - Let the Magic Begin, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Once Upon a Time.”

Thank you for posting!!!

Happily Ever After will still be shown though, right? And does this mean they aren't moving the parade time?

Thank you for posting!!!

Happily Ever After will still be shown though, right? And does this mean they aren't moving the parade time?
If this is correct, and I believe it is, FoF should be at 2:00.

When the Times Guide is released, @rteetz or I will confirm the changes or update here. :)

I’m really sad about the welcome show and friendship faire on our MK day 11/6 since we haven’t seen them before :sad:
So what happens at park opening then? We haven’t been since the old welcome show at the train station. From what I understood, now you are let into main st an hour before opening and the welcome show starts 5 minutes prior to opening time. But now I’m not sure what happens with no welcome show? When should I plan to be at the gate? Hours are 8-11...

When should I plan to be at the gate? Hours are 8-11...
All guests will be allowed to enter the park a little before 8:00 and may be held at the Hub until 8:00a.

From easywdw:
For regular 8am opens, guests are allowed inside Magic Kingdom at 7:45am.

Info regarding a “live broadcast” of HEA:

Happily Ever After Live Broadcast in Tomorrowland

On Nov. 5-7, Guests may view a live broadcast of Happily Ever After at the Rockettower Plaza Stage.

CMs will be encouraging guests to head to Tomorrowland to lessen the impact in the Hub during the 3 days of filming.

Info regarding a “live broadcast” of HEA:

Happily Ever After Live Broadcast in Tomorrowland

On Nov. 5-7, Guests may view a live broadcast of Happily Ever After at the Rockettower Plaza Stage.

CMs will be encouraging guests to head to Tomorrowland to lessen the impact in the Hub during the 3 days of filming.

Thanks for all this valuable info! This shouldn't impact the plaza garden viewing area, right? Trying to finalize everything before we leave tomorrow morning!

Thanks for all this valuable info! This shouldn't impact the plaza garden viewing area, right? Trying to finalize everything before we leave tomorrow morning!
It shouldn’t impact that viewing area because I believe the dessert parties are still scheduled for those 3 evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter