***ABC Holiday Specials: Taping Begins November 3rd

KtP just posted the schedule for the holiday special taping Nov 3-7
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/...edule-abc-holiday-specials-walt-disney-world/
Thank you! I’ve added the link to the 1st Post!

Ahhh dangit! Thanks for posting! Is it a good chance that Festival of Fantasy will be moved to 5pm on Nov 7th then? Trying to figure out if I should move my FPs...
The odds are high that FoF will run at 5:00p.

Last year FoF was scheduled at 5:00 even on the day The Descendants filmed and completed their segments in the early afternoon.

Disney rearranges the schedule as a precaution in case of filming delays.

Any idea when they will announce if FoF is moved? I'm trying desperately to fix my MK day now that this is happening on it and they opened earlier. I want to nail down FPs but may need to move one or two if the parade is moving. Don't want to do it prematurely though, or wait too long and get hosed either.

Any idea when they will announce if FoF is moved? I'm trying desperately to fix my MK day now that this is happening on it and they opened earlier. I want to nail down FPs but may need to move one or two if the parade is moving. Don't want to do it prematurely though, or wait too long and get hosed either.
What are the FP return windows? You have a 5 minute pre~window grace period and a 15 minute ‘grace’ extension, so an 80 minute return window. FoF is only 20 minutes in length.

What are the FP return windows? You have a 5 minute pre~window grace period and a 15 minute ‘grace’ extension, so an 80 minute return window. FoF is only 20 minutes in length.
Yeah but it would be either before or after and I'd want to have time to find a decent place to stand for the parade, etc. Also I don't like feeling as if I'm going to miss my window if I plan it right at the beginning or end. :-/

ETA: If the parade is at 2 I want the FP closer to 5. If the parade is at 5 I want it closer to 4 but want a buffer before 4 or after 5. That's the difficult part.

Not yet. And if they are going to change the parade time I wish they would go ahead and do it already!!
Haha, got to love Disney. We live about an hour and half away so we like to come watch the tapings. Last year my then 14 year old daughter got to see and meet so many Disney stars. It was a very awesome experience for her.

If you ask a CM before schedules are released, and if they did their homework about how to respond to questions about the filming, the following is what you should hear. In their own words of course.

"Due to the nature of television production, film schedules are in a continual state of development and cannot be shared."

Have you "heard" anything about performers?

Disney finalized character performers this week and no one has mentioned which celebrity performers are involved. The CM performers only know their rehearsal and taping shifts but not exact performance times.
So say you were going to be in MK on Sunday or Monday and you wanted to have a chance to watch filming, would you suggest evenings or morning?

@Amw1064 ~ based on the late date for the Castle Lighting Show (Nov 9), it’s presumed the Castle Stage will be the setting for the taping... so early evening is the guess.

My AK estimate is for early to late afternoon taping. ;)

DW and I will be at MK 11/6. Good to know the Christmas decorations will be up. I'm reserving judgment about the taping.

So I'm assuming the castle holiday lights will come on for the first time during the castle lighting on Nov 9th? Our last day is Nov 4th, so I'm kind of bummed we will miss the castle lights, but hopefully we can catch some other Christmas decor.

So I'm assuming the castle holiday lights will come on for the first time during the castle lighting on Nov 9th? Our last day is Nov 4th, so I'm kind of bummed we will miss the castle lights, but hopefully we can catch some other Christmas decor.
The complete lighting ‘show’ doesn't begin until the 9th. The Castle Lights may be turned on before that and if the taping is at night, the lights will be on. They were on for the tapings last year.

Changes for AK on Saturday, Nov. 4th as reported by Inquisitr.com:

According to Orlando Theme Park News, a number of entertainment offerings at Disney’s Animal Kingdom are not scheduled to take place on Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017. Again, this is always subject to change, but as of right now, these events are not happening on that day.

• Tree of Life Awakenings
  • Winged Encounters
  • Sunset Serenatas
  • Viva Gala Street Band!
  • Discovery Island Carnivale

For those who will be in the park that day, there will also be fewer Disney PhotoPass photographers out and about. None will be stationed or in position in these locations:

• Oasis bridge
    • Tree of Life hub
The Up character greeting with Russell is also going to be relocated to the gate of Flame Tree Barbecue, but only for Saturday.

DHS taping info as reported by @FastPasser. for Friday, November 3rd:
Filming on Sunset Blvd will begin around 11am and continue until after park close.

It could impact attractions in the Sunset Blvd area:
- Beauty and the Beast show times will be adjusted.
11:00 1:00 2:00 5:00 6:00

- Guest flow patterns from Hollywood Blvd to ToT and RnRC will probably need to be modified as well.

As usual, subject to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter